Old 10-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #15
Rivet Slave
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Originally Posted by Len n Jeanne View Post
We've used Airstream of Spokane and are happy campers. They are nowhere near you, but you might have a lovely drive through the mountains to get there.
Another positive note for Airstream of Spokane - they were very kind, supportive and helpful when we needed service on our way through town last year. Nice folks!

Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:50 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2016 16' Sport
Metuchen , New Jersey
Another vote for colonial. Both sales and service.

Shiny16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:53 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Centennial , Colorado
LazyDays Tucson was the best choice for me. Ask for Laura in the sales department. She knows her Airstreams and is a delight to work with! They have a huge inventory, excellent service department and fair pricing. When I needed some warranty work I even drove back down there from Denver to have it done....they get my vote!
Steve "Centennial Man"
centennialman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:11 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
JD Sanders in Gainesville, Florida. Takes trades and sells AS. Good luck with them. Norther part of the state near I75 and I10..
1984 Avion 30p 9.1 meter. 2006 Dodge 3500 cummins srw short bed crew cab.
avionstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:23 AM   #19
Rivet Master
2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
We found the sales rep makes a pretty big difference. Dale at Bill Thomas near St Louis, was very good to work with. We worked with another guy there before him,, not so good. I heard he was thinking about retirement though.
2011 FC 23FB
2012 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab, 5.7 4x4
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:52 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member
2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
Airstream Adventures NW in Tacoma is awesome. I got a great end of season / model year deal. Good people, great selection. Beats my local dealer hands down.
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member
2016 19' International
Maitland , Florida
We just purchased our AS from Patrick at Colonial. The entire transaction was great, from our first call until we pulled out of the lot. Everyone we came in contact with were knowledgeable and helpful. A stabilizer was not recessing properly during the checkout and the technician pointed it out and had it changed; no prompting needed. I contacted several dealers that have good reviews on this forum when we decided on the model we wanted and none were as knowledgeable and straightforward as Patrick. He made the process enjoyable and I would recommend him and his dealership without hesitation.

I have read a lot on this forum and used the time between buying and picking up the trailer to get some additional gear such as levelers... Patrick was great about answering questions I had, never having to ask twice. Very thorough as well.

By the way, we're from Florida and it would've been worth the drive if we were from Alaska. We took 10 days to go home so we could camp and get to know the trailer. We're brand new at this. We pulled into our first site, were leveled and unhooked with everything on in about 15 minutes and looked at each other wondering what we had missed. Colonial's orientation was very good. The trailer is so nice and I hope your experience is as good.
StrmyWeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:55 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Another vote for Colonial; but, since they are so far away from you, as they are for us, you most likely won't be going back there for service. Generally speaking, going with someone closer to home might make sense when you need service. They've been okay to work with after the sale, but I've pretty much had to fix everything myself.
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 07:27 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member
1979 31' Sovereign
Spring , Texas
Another dealership in Texas who sells AS is Holiday World of Houston. Their Katy dealership on I-10 carries them. We bought a reno project from a private seller but do occasionally by some parts from Holiday World. If we have a project we prefer not to work on, our trailer goes to Bob Jones RV in South Houston. They have no problem with our Pro-Pride.

To sell your fifth-wheel, look into PPL Motorhomes. They have 3 or 4 large consignment dealerships in Texas.
Starstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:55 AM   #24
Lone Star Piper
2010 25' FB International
Currently Looking...
Argyle , Texas
Originally Posted by Leslieotr View Post
Has anyone had any dealings with RCsuperstore in Fla? Vogt and Camper Clinic II are both in Texas. Anyone ever deal with either of them?
We have tried Vogt and Camper Clinic and were underwhelmed with the sales staff we encountered. That's why we're now looking out of state. We visited the RV Superstore in Defuniak Springs, Florida on a recent trip to Destin, but only to grab a few items from their camp store. That particular dealership didn't have a large inventory. Not sure about their other two stores.
lonestarpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #25
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
The main reason I can see for some buyers to not purchase from a local dealer is to save a few (?) bucks. Next might be the quality and reputation of its service department if planning on using it. In my limited experience with new Airstream shopping the dealerships seems to very competitive in prices. Keep in mind the cost of travel from home to the dealer and back.
I recently called 10 dealerships checking prices on a 26U. The initial lowest price was Colonial as I expected. I called several of the previously contacted dealers to to do a little haggling. Most were willing to price match to get my business. Next I had to consider the service departments and if travel for the expected warranty work was a consideration. As it stands now Foley RV in Gulfport is the clear winner. I have personal positive experience with their management and service department. Now all I need to do is sell my house and win the lottery and the 26U will be mine.
As a side note, trade in price offered for my 23 Safari was universally insulting and were based on NADA. Airforums classified is the way to go in selling my Safari to a good home.
WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:03 AM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Washington , Utah
[QUOTE=AWCHIEF;1862929]The main reason I can see for some buyers to not purchase from a local dealer is to save a few (?) bucks. Next might be the quality and reputation of its service department if planning on using it.

For me, the quality of the pre-delivery inspection (PDI) is critical. I want as many factory problems caught and corrected before I ever take delivery. Airstream Adventures NW in Covington, WA did a superb job of delivering a clean and essentially trouble free unit. Yes, little things became apparent after some use such as drawer latches not holding when filled but nothing major was discovered.
RonaldC303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:33 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Even though the PDI form was "checked", I wonder if the dealer actually looked at the trailer.

Betty Furness said of Westinghouse on television adds that "the quality goes in before the name goes on".

So, the name "AIRSTREAM" was left off of the back of 2015 23D International Serenity. That was the first clue to what lay in store.

Shower improperly installed with cracks and toilet installed improperly to the drawings.

One of the VistaView windows with " pleats broken. Replacement reflected cost cutting with 1" pleats so the other one had to be replaced as well.

Big wad of the protective film on the lower body panel that was not removed was above the mattress (which was installed at the factory on the assembly line) and the bed spread was put on by the dealer.

The door stops for the bathroom door were installed on the wrong side.

Pantry cabinet drawer catch did not function properly.

Not even a good wash job after sitting on their lot 8 months and lots of rust on the screws and exposed steel parts.

I did pay them to install both the Hensley hitch and Tekonsha brake head along with the 15" Michelin LTX (P) 235/75R15 XL tires mounted on SenDel five lug T03-56545 wheels. Since the wheel well openings were not cut the same on both sides of the trailer, a little triming was needed curb side for the 15" tire fit like did on the street side.

The 23D was trucked to the dealer along with a similar unit, so no towing miles.

I towed it from New Jersey to CanAM in London, Ontario (to tweak the hitch setup) and then continued to Paradise, TX (about 30 miles northwest of Dallas) to A&P Vintage Trailer Works to have custom work done and repairs made (for a towing distance of under 2,000 miles).

For grins, I suggested checking the wheel bearings. One set was completely scored from lack of grease and the other three were low on grease. We replaced the scored one with a Timken bearing set. On the second trip over to A&P, we replaced the drum brake backing plate with ones with the auto-adjust feature and put in new Timken bearing sets all-around. It would have been a $5 additional cost per wheel option for Airstream at the time of building the trailer to put in the auto-adjust brakes in the International Serenity trim line.

Not every dealer does it right every time. I felt like my $70,000 purchase was beneath their interest while I was there since the unit would never be back there after I left.

Read about the dealer's performances as much as you can, especially if you plan for the selling one to also service the trailer.
WBCCI Life Member 5123, AIR 70341, 4CU, WD9EMC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:16 AM   #28
Currently Looking...
the woodlands , Texas
Where did you buy the Camper? Thanks.

Leslieotr is offline   Reply With Quote