Old 01-05-2016, 09:06 AM   #1
Serenity Now
2014 23' FB International
Bellingham , Massachusetts
Kermit Chairs

Pricey but made in USA. Thinking about purchasing. Anyone have them/like them? If not, what kind of camp chairs would you recommend?

Lualou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2006 22' Interstate
San Diego , California
By far, the best chairs we have used are the Pico Chairs. They are sturdy, telescoping and collapse to the size of a laptop. We carry 4 in our Airstream Interstate.

Jbray333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #3
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Manston , Kent
A few folks local to you in the New England Unit of WBCCI have them and really like them. There are a few discussions on the NEU Facebook page (
martin300662 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
Kermit Chairs

I have a Kermit chair that I used to use when motorcycle touring. It is very compact when packed, and because of that and the very high quality, is worth the price for motorcycle touring. I seem to have more room to carry things nowadays with a pickup truck and trailer, so haven't felt the need to take it on recent trips, opting for larger chairs that recline and hold cups, etc. Sometime when we bring grandkids along, the Kermit would be a good idea. It would be a very luxurious place for a grandkid to sit. It takes a while to assemble, compared with other portable chairs. Once when I was using it for motorcycle touring, one of the supporting pieces broke, and I contacted the company for a replacement. They were very helpful and rushed it right out to me without needing to see any receipts or worrying about whose fault it was that the piece broke.
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member
2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Caldwell , Idaho
I have two of the Kermit chairs and really like them , nice back support as opposed to bag chairs. Setting them up takes a minute or two as compared to just opening them up, but compact and sturdy. We also use folding rocking chairs but they are big and a hard to store but even more comfy that the Kermit chairs. Ron
Ron_Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:00 AM   #6
Serenity Now
2014 23' FB International
Bellingham , Massachusetts
Thanks for the great feedback. Based on responses here and my WBCCI group, I went ahead and ordered two. I figure we can carry our larger more substantial "airline-style" chairs for local sit-around-the-campfire camping with our family. For our longer destination trips we can take the Kermits. I am still working on my "kitchen sink, if we don't have it, they don't make it" mentality and trying to reduce our load.
Lualou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:13 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member
2004 25' Safari
High Springs , Florida
Late to the game on this but our current chair of favor is a Strongback. Time will tell. The usual folding aluminum with the fold out table just don't seem to hold up. The last two we bought, even though they were on the high end of the price spectrum and rated as heavy duty 350# chairs, and I weigh in at 205#, started canvas self destructing from day one. After three months the end is right around the corner for them and for $80 a pop that just don't cut the mustard. As a matter of fact, it don't' even lick the jar. Strongbacks are highly rated for comfort and they passed our test in that respect. But I've got them stored for camping only purposes so how they hold up to my rear is yet to be seen.
Black7beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:13 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member
2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
I love our Kermit chairs. I've had two for about 15 years or so. Classy, comfortable and store small. When Kermit use to own the company he would attend a lot of the BMW moto rally's, hence they became very popular in the long distance motorcycle community.
HeadWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:16 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Hampton , Virginia
We bought a two-person anti-gravity style chair for our camping and tailgating activities. Big, clunky for storage but wouldn't use anything else.

Well except in really really hot temperatures......

But nothing like cuddling up near a campfire with the sweetie!

Getaways is offline   Reply With Quote