Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
L&R
2 Rivet Member

Sanford , Maine
Interiors & Accessories

We are getting to the stage of loading the coach with items and comforts. I haven't found a thread that shows what people have stocked their coaches with. Like Pros/Cons of square melamine dishes versus round or other materials etc. Would anyone be interested in sharing what cool and unique items they have found.

I know that there are some finished photos in the restoration forums, but I am sure others would love to see photos of your creative, comfy coaches and all the little extras that make it a wonderful home away from home, I know I do!

For example one Airforum member posted a photo of a pendant lamp they have in their coach and it was rectangle and glass looking with all different colors. A real vintage piece, which by the way has motivated me to find something just as cool for our coach.

Recently, I stumbled on a photo of someones bambi that had the coolest spice rack and wax paper, aluminum foil & paper towel holder. The description noted it as Kromex. After Googling the word, I discovered it is spun aluminum and can be found on Ebay. What items or products have you found to be "must haves" in an AS?
L&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
If you had some shots of your interior it would help...our home has awkward food storage where you have to reach pretty far in to get to something canned /coffee/ dried/ etc. So we use the oven area for added food storage...we keep the door ajar and the pilot is lit. The dining table,--we keep folded down (takes up too much room) and use these wood square tables that fit in side of each other to set the flat screen on. An old TV is going to be heavey and take up lots of room. We keep all the kitchen cooking glassware right above the fridge, chips snacks etc in the space to the right...larger utinsils under the sink...we use a small vacume cleaner with a hepa filter. If you want a serious cleaning of the interior shell I will tell you above 'Bleche White' Spray cleaner...that will literally met the aged grime on the walls without damaging it...We have leopard skin carpet throuout ours (of all things) but it's cool.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
...Also We don't use the curtains that are original...and instead I took some lexel silicon super clear caulking to adhere these glass dots you can get at dollar stores called 'Gems'..you can sit there and dream up some cool ideas for your house...you can do anything you want!...sorry I did not have a house cleaning for these picture ha! I am shooting as I write to you. Wait til you get to the polishing part of the outside shell.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #4
L&R
2 Rivet Member

Sanford , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawkerII View Post
If you had some shots of your interior it would help...We have leopard skin carpet throuout ours (of all things) but it's cool.
I have 35 or so photos in the photo gallery, didn't want to clutter the thread. There are still tools on the counter and such. It looks like your counter and sink is roadside? ours is the same set up but curbside. I love the leopard skin carpet..how awesome is that!
L&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
I just went thru your photos...your the folks that inquired about the window frame (now I remmember..I see you have done a lot of interior work...and the floor looks great! Yours is reversed on the inside, and we have the same bathrooms. The carpet was put down by a former owner that was model (we are told) that stored her clothes in here...but ours looks alot like yours, we have all the hardware to put up the classic sliding curtains...but the curtains did not come with it...we found the hardware for them underneath the arm of the couch...I will go back and check out your pictures some more...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Whoops, I wonder where my pictures went????
Old 07-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We use a lid rack from Wal Mart for corelle-ware plates as well as lids to things. Uses up some of the vertical space. There are lots of handy organzier-thingy's at The Container Store that you can't find other places. The peel & stick packet holders are great for small items in the kitchen cabinet, and use up slanted wall space.

Tags
accessories, comforts, decor, decorating, interior