Old 01-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I got this new-to-me 2013 GMC diesel Denali.... in WHITE.

What possessed me? Well finding a used 2500 diesel in decent condition is HARD and they sell almost as soon as they are listed. If I had it to do over I'd hold out forever if necessary for a silver one, a bronze one, or that nice sort of cadet blue (gray-blue) one that doesn't look dirty the day after it's washed. I'm not sure whether black ones aren't as bad as white ones, but for those contemplating a purchase of a tow vehicle consider "dirt friendly" as a criteria. All campsites are dusty or muddy... it's the law.

Second thing of note. I used to have a Diesel Silverado 2500 with stock 18 inch wheels. The used GMC... has the 20 inch wheels. They cost more and believe it or not I can FEEL that the truck is harder to turn.

Like the truck, but I'm buying tickets for the BIG lottery today, and if I win I'll probably keep it, but I'll change back to 18' wheels AND I'll have a "man Friday" to wash the vehicle and the trailers!

Paula
The quick fix is to buy a TV the color of dirt. Then you never know if it's dirty.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St Paul , MN
It's a Denali! what's not to like? The white diamond color is my favorite! I've had several white vehicles and unless you are on clay I think they look better longer - never ever want a black truck! Never. Ever. Only disadvantage to white in the Midwest is that it is harder to see with snow. I almost lost my little white sports car in a parking lot after a huge snowstorm! You won't have that situation with your beautiful new DENALI! Enjoy.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:27 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hanalei, /Chino Valley , Hawaii / Arizona
I was thinking along the lines of the wrap mentioned earlier. But more in the direction of a camo wrap . Nothing hides dirt like some designed to look like dirt. :-)
Add a rifle rack and you will get even more regard than a big 2,500 diesel usually gets.

Cheers Richard
Old 01-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Herkimer,NY , soon to be Keswick,VA
I've spent lots of time on back county roads as a large animal vet. Impossible to keep a truck clean if you use it. My philosophy can be described as "If it's dirty it's being driven." Clean means you aren't going anywhere. The only person it bothers is you.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:34 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
White is fine, my dodge is white, wife's Buick is white, you'll like the diesel....
Old 01-07-2016, 08:20 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Foiled, Nobody won the lottery so try again for Saturday. The pot will be pushing 700 million. Good luck. You'll appreciate your white truck this summer.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:32 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2003 31' Classic
Terra Alta , West Virginia
Foiled...if you win, keep the truck and hire detail boy to wash and wax everything ennnytime you want! As for easy to keep looking clean...my silver F250 is easy...tan good too...and white way better than black or any dark. Remember a real truck needs a little dirt to make it run better.
Dave
Old 01-07-2016, 09:29 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
I bought our Ford Expedition EL for the wife. It is silver and does not show dirt too bad. We argue all the time, all I want her to do is drive 10 mins down the road, pay $25 and have someone clean it once a month.

It drives me mad I got her this $65k SUV and it is filthy on the inside... So once again I will break down and get it cleaned today

On the plus side, she is now completely excluded from making choices on our vehicles
Old 01-07-2016, 09:36 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Manassas , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
And tire black looks nice for about 10 minutes before centrifugal force sprays it all over the side of the truck... Any brand that stays put?

Paula
I always ask the people at the car wash to wipe down the tires after the tire black is put on. This eliminates the spray and the tires still look nice.

Most of the time I get a weird look when I ask but I don't care

Find Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/airstream.nerds.7
AStreamNerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 06:08 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
What color are Zappo shoes?
Old 01-08-2016, 06:38 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Archer , Florida
Bugs bug me though... so can anyone recommend a good spray on bug remover? And tire black looks nice for about 10 minutes before centrifugal force sprays it all over the side of the truck... Any brand that stays put?

Paula[/QUOTE]

Well, this is gonna sound weird, but I heard it on the radio one morning so I tried it- It works, and so far cannot discern any untoward effects- DRYER SHEETS! Yep- get them wet and wipe off the bugs- they melt away! Here in Florida, we are cursed with "Love Bugs" twice a year and they are EVERYWHERE! They will clog your radiator if you don't put a screen over the front of your vehicle. Dryer sheets work to get the dried on buggers off.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
I have a white truck which gets dirty real quick - just can't do much about that.
Our house has a cistern so we are concerned about water usage. I would estimate that it takes no more than ten gallons tops to wash the truck which includes the bucket of water.
Also when I bought the truck the white color was not my favorite but I it was good deal. I had the lower portion painted so the truck is now a two tone - there was just too much white to look at. It does help a bit with the lower dirt.
Hensley with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Gypsies View Post
Bugs bug me though... so can anyone recommend a good spray on bug remover? And tire black looks nice for about 10 minutes before centrifugal force sprays it all over the side of the truck... Any brand that stays put?

Paula
Well, this is gonna sound weird, but I heard it on the radio one morning so I tried it- It works, and so far cannot discern any untoward effects- DRYER SHEETS! Yep- get them wet and wipe off the bugs- they melt away! Here in Florida, we are cursed with "Love Bugs" twice a year and they are EVERYWHERE! They will clog your radiator if you don't put a screen over the front of your vehicle. Dryer sheets work to get the dried on buggers off.[/QUOTE]

WD-40-

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #28
Retired

2008 30' Classic
Livingston , Texas
Back in the day, Earl Scheib would paint it any color for $99.....

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Tom
TVKetchum

2008 Classic 30'
2013 F150 Ecoboost
tvketchum is offline   Reply With Quote