Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #61
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
You all need help.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #62

Currently Looking...
Santa Monica , California
Love the title!!!

Hi,

I'm new to the site, looking to buy an Airstream Interstate in the next year or 2 as my main car. I had asked the question of where you can dispose of the black water if you are not at a camp site ie staying in front of a friends house in the city and having to go in the middle of the night. No response yet about that, but I would probably go to a store that is for wheelchairs, toilet aids etc. and find something that you could put a bowl over the toilet and dispose of at any place that has garbage bins. I don't know if it is legal, but would check it out. Certainly there are tons of places that you can use restrooms at. Good luck!!

Happy trails

Lily
casamimosa@m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #63
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by casamimosa@m View Post
Hi,

I'm new to the site, looking to buy an Airstream Interstate in the next year or 2 as my main car. I had asked the question of where you can dispose of the black water if you are not at a camp site ie staying in front of a friends house in the city and having to go in the middle of the night.
Happy trails

Lily
Welcome to the forums, Lily......to answer your question, in some cases houses have PVC poke throughs that plumbers use to rod out the sewer lines and such. I just happen to have one right next to the driveway and if I don't have a dump station, which typically I don't when boondocking, I do haul it home and connect my Safari's discharge to the poke through which does a fine job.

If you find a friends house that has these poke throughs (which are fairly common) or the place you are dumping has a septic system, it is always a good idea to use non-formaldehyde tank treatment chemicals. If connected to a city processed waste treatment, it's still not a bad idea, but the city processors tend to be able to deal with the harsher chemicals than someone's private septic.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:53 AM   #64
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Lily,

I hope you don't judge the Forum by this thread.

Oh, and to answer your question, it depends how good a friend it is!

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Talking Whatcha expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
Ahhh...I forgot about this thread and read some of the posts after one of my recent posts here....very cute.
You lobbed a softball...we just hit it out of the park! You think we're just going to let one like that go by???

I think not...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #66
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Hi Lily,

Disposal of human waste in a dumpster would certainly be unlawful in almost all municipalities so I wouldn't suggest that you try that. Lugging a big ol' bowl of excrement around first thing in the morning can't be too good for your breakfast appetite. Fewer and fewer State rest areas have dump stations any more so I would suggest locating a nearby travel center...most that serve the RV industry in addition to the trucking industry will usually have a dump station on-site.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote