Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle

Old 08-02-2015, 11:06 PM   #71
Rivet Slave
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Two coffee cups and two wine glasses don't really weigh much, but they make us smile every time we use them. If I was backpacking, I might think more about it but since we have an Airstream, we're good. Besides, we got rid of an equivalent number of cups and glasses we didn't like to make room for these. These are way cuter, after all.

Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:34 AM   #72
Rivet Master
2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
One coffee grinder, one Bialetti espresso maker, one stove top coffee pot, one Turkish coffee swirl container, one Gaggia espresso maker, espresso, cappuccino, and coffee cups, honey, sweeteners, milk, cream, and if I happen to cook food, a lot of fresh garlic.

I know there are some other things in my galley, but nothing of importance other than the above.

Ms Tommie Lauer
Greensboro, NC
2015 Serenity 30 RB / 2008 Dodge Cummins 4 X 4
WBCCI #4165 AIR #31871

Happy trails and Good Luck
Ms Tommie Fantine Lauer, Greensboro, NC
AIR #31871 WBCCI #4165 K4MTL

Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:45 AM   #73
Rivet Master
1964 19' Globetrotter
The Sea Ranch , California
I've learned some things since my last post, and just back from three weeks in the trailer. I try to take as little as possible, if it doesn't get used I leave it at home the next time. I have a few of my mom's AllClad pans, baking pan, 1/4 sheet restaurant bake sheet. I like OXO things: small salad spinner, hand mixer etc. We got a set of unbreakable dishes on sale at Sur La Table, unbreakable tumblers and wine glasses, stainless mug set and caddy from a thrift store for $3. For spices, I bought a small magnetic spice cannister set from S. la Table. They have to be put away to travel, but when stopped are handy and kind of cool looking. The Chemex works well, much easier to deal with than the press pot. Our trailer is so small that you can sit on the bed while you cook, fine first thing in the morning making coffee but not so great if the coffee grounds go flying. Good covered containers are important, especially after my ant experience of the last three weeks. I like the OXO containers with the button on top, partly aesthetic and partly functional. I like to cook and bake in the trailer, but there is something very freeing about having exactly what you need to make whatever you want.

Wherever you go, there you are
Globie64 is offline   Reply With Quote