Old 10-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
olympia , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrere View Post
Although I was very pleased with the purchasing experience of my new Interstate I was very put off by the three large sticker sets affixed all over it by the dealer. As soon as I got it home I removed them all. If someone asks me where I purchased it I'll gladly tell them but I don't like those stickers all over it.
You could have told them to remove them. I tell the dealer to take them off or I am not buying the vehicle

Old 10-26-2015, 09:24 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Erie , Colorado
Become a famous person, rock star, actor/actress, etc. Be like Mathew McConaughey and someone might give you an AS to be used on set and yours to keep when they do all of the magazine spreads.

ProPride
NØVPN
ghaynes755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #17
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes755 View Post
Become a famous person, rock star, actor/actress, etc. Be like Mathew McConaughey and someone might give you an AS to be used on set and yours to keep when they do all of the magazine spreads.
Or maybe become a roadie or groupie for some famous person…
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #18
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
I can't imagine doing that to my airstream. To my way of thinking, it would totally destroy the trailer.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2013 27' FB International
El Dorado Hills , California
Cruise America wrap?
Old 10-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
It's worth noting that anything you do with your Airstream that does not strictly involve "recreating" or "vacationing" will likely drive up your insurance costs. Therefore, the added premiums you will be paying better be worth it in terms of the money you are bringing in through those activities.

By all means, contact your insurance agent for clarification, because interpretations may vary. They may even vary substantially.

In my case, because I will use my Airstream in a non-vacationing capacity some of the time, what falls out of that is that I pay full-timer insurance premiums despite only using it perhaps 30 days a year total.

And what I do isn't radical and doesn't involve direct use of the Airstream for business purposes - in fact, that is a complete no-no for liability reasons. But I will use it to get from place to place during times when I am not "on vacation", and that's an important distinction.

Here's an example. I'm a self-employed (sole-owner LLC) industrial consultant. A lot of industrial work takes place according to a timetable that must defer to manufacturing schedules. So someone may call me and ask me to deliver a personnel training course at the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning in a location a hundred miles from where I live, because that's the only time their plant personnel are off-shift and available. So I will drive to that city the night before, overnight in a nice park, and then go to work the next day in their office (not in my rig). As my agent explains, "You are behaving in a manner consistent with a full-timer even though you are not physically in your Airstream full time." Hence the insurance designation. In my case, the professional services rates that I charge more than justify the added premiums, so the math works.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2010 20' Flying Cloud
Hailey , Idaho
But you gotta give Megster credit for coming up with a question that no one has actually brought up before. So just when we've thought we've seen everything.....jon
Old 10-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Palomar Mountain , California
There is a guy locally that pays you $200 a week for letting him put advertising on your car - not his but businesses that he contracts with. There are several in this area that do this.
Airstreams being a lot bigger 'bill boards' would probably pay more.
But: would they care if you only drove it twice a year to far off places?
Old 10-28-2015, 07:37 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Once you put logo on your rig you become a commercial vehicle, stop at all weight stations and keep the proper paper work. Not sure about the CDL.

An individual on another site reported he was stopped twice before he could cross Texas, ticketed only once when he showed the ticket to the second officer. Someone else said they were stopped and ticketed in CA. for having a magnet type sign on his truck towing a trailer.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:44 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by garry View Post
Once you put logo on your rig you become a commercial vehicle, stop at all weight stations and keep the proper paper work. Not sure about the CDL.

An individual on another site reported he was stopped twice before he could cross Texas, ticketed only once when he showed the ticket to the second officer. Someone else said they were stopped and ticketed in CA. for having a magnet type sign on his truck towing a trailer.
Always be careful about what you read on the internet, but apparently there is a 10,000 pound combined weight threshold, at least for federal purposes. CA is another story entirely. Example:

DOT Mandates May Apply When Using Trailers - Articles - Safety & Accident - Articles - Work Truck
Old 10-30-2015, 08:09 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Marry somebody rich.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:11 AM   #26
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Commercial vehicles are not allowed on some state or federal parks and highways through them. You may be considered a commercial vehicle.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:49 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Ok, 'twas a silly idea🤓🤓🤓
Old 10-30-2015, 10:42 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1984 34' International
Toronto , Ontario
Car and vehicle wraps pay very little, certainly not enough to live off. Last time I looked, for a client, the going rate was around $50/month.