Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
Phodeaux

2019 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Greenville , South Carolina
Honey I shrank the Airstream!

Yesterday I towed my "new" AS home and parked it in my driveway. The latest addition is a 2011 25FB. I also have a 1998 34' Excella which stays on a piece of property.

I am setting up the 25 and am wondering if there are any tricks for storing stuff. In particular a microwave! The unit has an oven, but we are addicted to the microwave. Is it reasonable to replace the oven with a combo gas burner with microwave under? If not, where do you store the microwave when on the road or for that matter when in use? Not much counter space or other storage space. I guess you can do a lot with nine more feet!

My wife just bought a small microwave so the swap is temporarily off the table...
Old 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phodeaux View Post
Yesterday I towed my "new" AS home and parked it in my driveway. The latest addition is a 2011 25FB. I also have a 1998 34' Excella which stays on a piece of property.

I am setting up the 25 and am wondering if there are any tricks for storing stuff. In particular a microwave! The unit has an oven, but we are addicted to the microwave. Is it reasonable to replace the oven with a combo gas burner with microwave under? If not, where do you store the microwave when on the road or for that matter when in use? Not much counter space or other storage space. I guess you can do a lot with nine more feet!

My wife just bought a small microwave so the swap is temporarily off the table...
We actually added an oven and replaced the micro/convection. Then had the problem of what to do w a microwave. After moving it all around the trailer we ended up w a reasonable location. Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream Microwave 4-27-2014 001.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	215861
It does not interfere w sitting on the lounge, easy to use and we do not loose any space. Even enough room below for my kitty to lay.
Additionally, we were able to add 5 new drawers and modify/enlarge one drawer.