Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2016, 02:23 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
NA , Washington
Help On Buying

Hi Everyone,

I first want to thank everyone for help/advice. I have been a member of a few different forums and everyone is so helpful. I just found your site and needing some help.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong section I wasn't sure where to ask my questions? Also are there clubs or organizations to join or be apart of?

I am finally in the market of buying my first airstream. Growing up I would always camp with my family and my grandparents had rv's and travel trailers. When I first saw an airstream I knew I wanted on. But there are so many to choose from. It's just me but I might be having a couple puppies/dogs or maybe a cat. Maybe not right away but in time. I plan on traveling in it for a while and see the US.

How to choose the right one? What made everyone choose the one they are with? I saw the pendleton (the national parks one) and I just fell in love with it (no so the price). But I loved the rear hatch. I did some rx and found that eddie bauer teamed up with them and also did a rear hatch but the more I looked at it the more i didn't like the style with EB. I know they only made 100 pendletons but I just loved the look the feel and I know for a starter 27-28ft would be a big but I'm just looking for help in narrowing down the search. I'd like to buy one before the end of the year and start my trip of sorts in Jan ish.

Any help advice on choosing, what to look for if buying used? Anythying would be great.

Thank you so much,

Christopher
Newbie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Your tow vehicle should determine the size you buy, everything else depends on your needs and wants. Personally I feel a smaller Airstream like a 23 ft or under is a good starter AS for a beginner, but remember you will probably trade up after a few years so again the tow vehicle needs much consideration.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:30 PM   #3

Currently Looking...
NA , Washington
Thanks for responding my tow vehicle is a ford f450 so I can tow lots of different things.
Newbie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie78 View Post
Thanks for responding my tow vehicle is a ford f450 so I can tow lots of different things.
Correction>>>>you can tow EVERYTHING with that.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 07:01 PM   #5
"Silver Shrek"

2000 27' Safari
Crestwood , Kentucky
Our first and only airstream is a 27FB. but if you have any kids maybe a 30 footer. We looked at 12 different models last week and anything under 27 foot seems a little cramped for just the two of us. We do think the U table is nice and may do a mod to include one and eliminate our jackknife couch. So many choices, so little time
drairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
There is a WBCCI Airstream park in Lacey. If you are close, go down and visit. Get a feel for how you will potentially use your trailer and the sleeping and eating accommodations in the various models. Tour one that might fit your needs.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Minnetrista , MN
We have purchased 3 campers in two years. Each time we were confident they were the right one. Fortunately they weren't all Airstreams but I did run into someone who did the same thing with AS's.
It all depends what you want to use it for. I believe AS has a tool on their website to help and it made some sense to me. If you've never had a trailer it might be best to rent one first and see what you like. It that isn't an option, get rid of the sales person and spend and hour or two in the models you think will work best for you. Go through the motions of things you would do in a trailer and really test it out.
We love our trailer for what we do but it would be a poor choice for many. Your opinion is the only one that really counts. Best of fun and hold on to your pocketbook.
Wesair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:06 PM   #8
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We're crossing our fingers given the Pendleton was a huge success, hoping that more heavily-produced models in coming years will also offer the rear hatch with nice interiors.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:48 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1954 25' Cruiser
Bern - Thun , Berner Oberland
Not for dogs, lol. I collect old chandelier and the front door is too tight. My workshop made out of the window and the opening on the luggage a new big hatch.
In my "Gallery" is a photo!
Greetings - Werner
Cruiser6483 is offline   Reply With Quote