Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2013 16' Sport
Lebanon , Oregon
Help! Need to sell 2014 Bambi

Hi all! I am in Oregon. I am trying to help my mother sell her 2014 Bambi Sport. We listed it on Craigslist, ebay, RV trader and auto trader. As well as Airstream Trailer Classified. Are there any other suggestions on the best places to list it? She is wanting to sell it quickly due to some medical and financial hardship.
Any suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks
lola86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #2
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
FYI to the OP

Just to warn you that there are many scams concerning Bambi trailers. In fact there are almost as many threads about it as are scams ongoing. All the scams are selling their Bambi for someone else because of medical, death or relocation.

If you are a bonified seller then post pictures in the classified section but be prepared for people to be very cautious when contacting you. They will want a present day photo of the trailer with you holding a current newspaper and phot of the title with the current owners name blurred out. Things like that.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
If you are legit, and you put the above text in your ad, ie., "need to sell fast due to financial and medical hardship," and you are having trouble getting anyone to respond to your ad, then it may be because it already sounds like a scam.

A 2014 Bambi is also going to be an expensive piece of hardware ($41k?). Chances are there aren't many people with the cash on hand to make this purchase (or are comfortable doing this kind of transaction on a C-list purchase). Your best bet will likely be to use the services of an RV lot that will sell your trailer for you on consignment, and facilitate financing.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:56 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2013 16' Sport
Lebanon , Oregon
Thanks for the info. I had no idea about the scams. My ads on CL and other sites look legit. Lots of pictures but none with a newspaper, etc.
I'll do that. Thanks!
lola86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2012 22' FB Sport
2003 19' Bambi
Port Townsend , Washington
I think the problem is your price.

A new 2016 has an MSRP of $46,000 or so and is typically discounted at least a bit. Why would someone choose yours for virtually the same price?
NWGetaways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:41 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Manitou Springs , Colorado
Virtually all Bambi Sales involving a 3rd person are scams. Your mother would be better off advertising locally only, so the prospective buyer can see and appraise the situation first hand. As mentioned above, a local RV business might be the safest method, but it'll cost you $$. Good luck! Don
Don Doucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2014 16' Sport
Arlington , Washington
As others have already suggested, you are asking way too much for your 2014 Bambi. We purchased a used, in mint condition, 2014 Bambi last August. We paid 34,200.00 for it. We got it from the Airstream dealership in Gladstone, and it came witha 3 year dealer warranty. Airstreams depreciate greatly the first 3-5 years, then hold their value better after that. I would definitely ask AS Northwest to try to sell it for you. I believe you will have better luck, although you will not get near the price you are currently asking
beckyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:01 PM   #8
Clipper and Tug

2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to elstunr
We bought our 2002 Bambi 19' from an ad in airstreamclassifieds.com. We connected with some wonderful folks that needed money for college (mother and son). It was in beautiful condition, really almost new condition as it was stored in the limestone caves outside of Kansas City when they were not camping. The price was $22,000 in 2014. Because of the condition I think we got a wonderful deal over buying something newer. My point is the price will have to come down to compete with other Airstreams for sale. There is a 2012 22' Sport in TX for under $35,000 - that is the type of trailer you will be competing against. Good Luck, looks like someone will get a great Sport.
elstunr is offline   Reply With Quote