Hello from Vancouver. 1974 Tradewind. Nice to meet you all
Hello from Vancouver!
My 1st post. I have been lurking for a couple of years since planning to buy and actually buying an airstream about a year ago. Purchased the 1974 Tradewind in working order for $4700 CDN and took it for a week camping for the 1st time with the family this last week of August.
Everything works in the Airstream and I am looking forward to renovating it over the next years. Probably will be asking you guys from advice and will try to peruse the knowledge base as much as possible to figure out a road map of what I want to do.
Things I have on my list to do for next season.
1. Clean out the Suburban Furnace (original) since I do have a hard time getting it started.
2. Change all the bulbs in the existing lighting fixtures inside to LED.
3. Swap out the Univolt to an Intellipower converter.
4. Get a Henseley Arrow Sway Control Hitch
5. Possibly get a new awning.
6. Change the drapes inside.
7. Replace a couple of the vents with a FANTASTIC FAN.
8. Build a solar array on the roof (4 X 100W) and design a dual battery bank in the rear of the airstream.
9. Install a waste tank monitoring system. I have no idea how mine doesn't have one.
10. Fix a couple of the tambour cabinetry.
Thanks in advance to all those who will be giving me some advice over the next years! So far I am in love with the airstream and can't believe how well it has held up. It's older than ME!