Old 03-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Oh, Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
FAN,

You are not supposed to watch shows like that. The next thing you know, you'll be telling us about what's happenin' on "Here comes Honey Boo-Boo".

I think you will enjoy this if you haven't seen it before. Be careful this is the adult language not bleeped version.

Raising the Bar (Season 16, Episode 9) - Full Episode Player - South Park Studios

Ken
Ken,

Do pilots discuss South Park with ATC from the tower? The reason I ask, my flying friend is always sending me clips. He's on a trip now, and I can guarantee one will be forthcoming from the sanctum of another Ramada Inn somewhere.

And I do watch Honey Boo Boo. Come on over. I'll make you something with rice, beans, cheeseballs and ketchup.

Anticipation - YouTube

Old 03-01-2014, 07:00 PM   #58
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Ken,

1. Do pilots discuss South Park with ATC from the tower? The reason I ask, my flying friend is always sending me clips. He's on a trip now, and I can guarantee one will be forthcoming from the sanctum of another Ramada Inn somewhere.

2. And I do watch Honey Boo Boo. Come on over. I'll make you something with rice, beans, cheeseballs and ketchup.

1. If I told you all about that, I'd be in worse trouble than Edward Snowdon. However I can tell you this much. There are double secret government communications embedded in every South Park episode. Make sure you watch the new just released episode where Cartman infiltrates the NSA, it will help you understand.

2. You have SO destroyed my image of you, and perhaps of all Canada. I will never look north with the same thoughts again.

I will eat the rice and beans, you can have the cheeseballs, and Please check the sodium and sugar content of the ketchup.

Ken

PS - this is my flying friend.-

Old 03-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Quote:
1. If I told you all about that, I'd be in worse trouble than Edward Snowdon. However I can tell you this much. There are double secret government communications embedded in every South Park episode. Make sure you watch the new just released episode where Cartman infiltrates the NSA, it will help you understand.

2. You have SO destroyed my image of you, and perhaps of all Canada. I will never look north with the same thoughts again.

I will eat the rice and beans, you can have the cheeseballs, and Please check the sodium and sugar content of the ketchup.

Ken
Okay, Ken. I'll omit the cheeseballs and ketchup from tonight's Greek Kale salad. Party pooper.

Secret government communications; embedments; infiltrations? You are a lot like my friend. He can discuss that ad nauseum. You two should get together (on the ground). He can be sarcastically blunt with ATC when flying. None of that good-morning and thank-you sir, stuff etc.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
I like your flying friend!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
a side comment on salt. It has been discussed that the lack of iodine in salt is at the root of the rampant Thyroid problems that are seen today. Many of us has dysfucntional thyroid and don't know it. Symptoms are low rising body temperature in the morning, cold extremities and more. I had a rising temp of 95. This contributes to arterial plaque as well. I really don't want a stent or worse.
I now take a dessicated thyroid med. as well as Kelp supplement.
Alan,
I have had very limited amt. of salt (whatever is naturally in fresh fruit/veg's) in my diet since the 80's. I do not have plaque, thyroid issues or any other other symptoms you related to. What I do have is very low BP, HR and will never be on all those BP meds. If you eat properly you will get all the salt you need naturally. You do not need to add more. The more fresh deep greens, fresh fruits and veg's you eat the healthier you will be. I shop the outside perimeter of the stores. Not the inside isles, except for coffee. I go to the Farmers Mkt every week and this week twice, one on Thurs and one today. My fridge is full of veg's and fruits. Once in a while we have a totally grilled veg. dinner.
As I said before, if I can not read it I won't eat it.
Now all that said, being only human, there are exceptions to every rule:
I did just take two loaves of pesto, Parmesan. Mozzarella bread out of the oven.
Oh, by the way, still working on the coconut oil question. However, it still has sat fat of 58%.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #62
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Okay, Ken. I'll omit the cheeseballs and ketchup from tonight's Greek Kale salad. Party pooper.

Secret government communications; embedments; infiltrations? You are a lot like my friend. He can discuss that ad nauseum. You two should get together (on the ground). He can be sarcastically blunt with ATC when flying. None of that good-morning and thank-you sir, stuff etc.
Perhaps I can be his surrogate grandfather. I too have a reputation for being hyper-candid. However I always tried to start out with a cheery "Good morning" and end with a "Good Day". That would last until a pilot said something stupid or belligerent or often both.

Most of the time when I discuss conspiracy theories, I am mocking those that believe in them.

I will divulge a bit of classified information. Being surly with ATC might feel good in the moment, but usually proves unwise in the bigger scheme of getting where you're going quickly.
Ken

Ken
Old 03-02-2014, 05:52 AM   #63
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
Hey Ag your breakfast is pretty carb heavy. You should cut the orange juice it has more sugar as fructose than we need.
Given a choice between drinking a glass of orange juice and eating a whole orange, you're definitely better off eating the orange. That's true for most fruit juices.

Also, given a choice between eating raisins or grapes, go for the grapes. More flavor, and it doesn't take nearly as many to fill you up.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:21 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Many great ideas here... My wife and I buy salmon at Costco regularly and we simply bake it with a light coating of olive oil and Kirkland salmon seasoning. The salmon (wild caught or farm raised are both available) is individually pre-packaged and it's easy to pull two from the freezer whenever we need them.

She also slices cucumbers into a bowl with nothing but vinegar and pepper, which I have learned to enjoy over the years, since it's the only way I can tolerate cucumber.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:28 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
My daughters bought me a book for $6 that I really enjoy:

100 Best Health Foods: Parragon Books, Love Food Editors: 9781407564456: Amazon.com: Books
Old 03-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
I should also add that I frequently eat:
1. Leftover pizza
2. Leftover bratwurst
3. Leftover ribeye, marinated in Worcestershire
4. Leftover hamburgers with American cheese

By "leftover", I mean we had them the night before!

Old 03-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #67
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Andreasduess-- with your "continuous brew" method for kombucha, I take it that you draw some of it off as needed, then return an equivalent amount of plain tea and sugar to the container? This would mean that the main volume of brewing tea isn't completely fermented?

I am currently experimenting with all kinds of flavours on my secondary ferment. A recent winner is tangerine and fennel seeds.

I saw that Mayo Clinic entry on kombucha, and agree that this is one topic where the good doctors need a clip upside the head. Far more people sicken or die from authorized prescriptions and medical procedures than from a drink Asians have enjoyed for many years. The problem seems to be with unsanitary utensils or reactive containers, not the kombucha.

But hey, all you "mechanical types" and eingeers in Airstream Land! Surely any guy who can renovate an old AS, top to bottom, can tell us inventively-challenged ones how to keep a continuous flow of oxygen (and off-gassing of CO2) to a jostling beverege container while keeping some type of spill-proof lid on it.

We used to stop at more fast-food places for lunch, till-- bright kids that we are-- we realized that we could pack the fridge with healthy lunch foods, eat inside a decent-looking AS or have a nice lunch on a rest-area picnic table, and follow it with a quick nap for Len and dog-walk for me. It is soooo much more civilized.

Does anyone else here like kale chips? Very easy to make at home if you have a food dehydrator, but the oven set around 200F works, too. Just wash and dry kale, tear it off the ribs into large bite-size pieces, toss with a little olive oil and soy sauce or sea salt. Not too much oil, or they get greasy. Massage the kale with your fingers to spread the olive oil around: the lightest visible coating is right. Place on dehydrator racks or baking pans. Dehydrate for a few hours, turning occasionally. Drier is better, as they can lose their crispness after a day or so.

Jeanne
Old 03-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Quote:

PS - this is my flying friend.-

I "heart" Rocky!

Quote:

That salad looks great, and that's the kind of stuff i like to eat too! Recipe, or rough idea of how you made it, please!
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
On saturated fats,,,there are many reasons to eat fat, just not the wrong kind...trans fats.
OUr bodies need fat, the low fat diet craze is not good for our health. Coconut oil is a great source of healthy fats, as are grass fed butter and cheeses. I need this beacuse I don't eat red meat.
See this and more: also look up the Paleo diet. Marksdailyapple.com
http://www.freetheanimal.com/root/20...dl-secret.html
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibby View Post
I should also add that I frequently eat:
1. Leftover pizza
2. Leftover bratwurst
3. Leftover ribeye, marinated in Worcestershire
4. Leftover hamburgers with American cheese

By "leftover", I mean we had them the night before!

Excellent if you avoid the bread and add buttered vegetables.. Seriously.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote