Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #309
Rivet Master
 
J. Morgan's Avatar

 
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,038
Images: 11
Guns on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120 View Post
Your question suggests that a person would intentionally, rather than mistakenly, tow in a bad neighbourhood.

The context was different. I was addressing the xenophobic label with a real life scenario.

The fact is 99.99% of Airstream owners would not intentionally tow their trailer into just any neighborhood. That includes me.

This is not because of xenophobia, but because of having the good sense recognize and avoid unnecessary risks.


Brevi tempore!
__________________

__________________
The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 01:55 PM   #310
Full Time Adventurer
 
BoldAdventure's Avatar
 
2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,743
Sounds xenophobic to me.
__________________

__________________
Family of 4 living, working & exploring the USA in our Airstream.
OUR BLOG | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
BoldAdventure is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 01:57 PM   #311
3 Rivet Member
 
TheDuke's Avatar
 
2016 30' Classic
The Beautiful Mountains Of Southwest , Virginia
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 228
Images: 68
One of my Favorite" threads!

Well now, ain't this somethin. I have owned, collected, sold, carried and shot just about every kind of firearm that has been manufactured in my 55 years of walking this earth! I am a "lifetime" member of the NRA and have had a concealed carry permit for more than 25 years in multiple states. I am probably the only person on this thread that has actually had to use a firearm in self defense. I have just been setting back and reading all of these posts since this thread was started. As is always the case with just about anything, the more that some people talk, the more you see just how ignorant they are! If more gun control or no guns at all were the answer, then Chicago and DC would be like "Mayberry!" Since 2004, 94% of all mass shootings have been in "gun free" zones. If someone want's to kill someone they will find a way. Paris for the most recent example. If there had been some good citizens there with handguns the outcome would have probably been different. Knives have been recently used also. All that it takes to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. Since it is impossible for everyone to carry a cop around on their back, I and my dear wife prefer to carry our own protection and are therefore in control of our own fate! I am not going to post and argue with all the "progressives" because there is a old sayin that goes something like this, "if you continue to argue with someone stupid, all that they do is manage to bring you down to their level of stupidity!"
__________________
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne - "JB Books" 1976.
TheDuke is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 02:05 PM   #312
Rivet Master
 
J. Morgan's Avatar

 
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,038
Images: 11
Guns on the road

Oops, posting error,,,,
__________________
The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 02:07 PM   #313
Rivet Master
 
J. Morgan's Avatar

 
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,038
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Morgan View Post
Avoid making things personal...

Imho your statement was more effective without the last sentence.

But I agree entirely with your assessment of the reality of firearms.


Brevi tempore!




Brevi tempore!
__________________
The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #314
1987 Avion 34W owner
 
PaulnGina's Avatar
 
Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,889
Amen, brother!!!! Wife and I are both Life members.... have been for a long time.

Like they say... "When seconds count, the police are minutes away."

We take our gun ownership responsibilities very seriously. We don't carry them because we are "scared", and we are not "scared" of them any more than we are of the Crescent wrench in the tool box.

If I could carry a sign that I could whip out and flash at a person intent on doing us harm that says, "Please don't hurt us!" and expect it to have any effect I would do that.

Believe it or not, there are some really BAD eggs out there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Well now, ain't this somethin. I have owned, collected, sold, carried and shot just about every kind of firearm that has been manufactured in my 55 years of walking this earth! I am a "lifetime" member of the NRA and have had a concealed carry permit for more than 25 years in multiple states. I am probably the only person on this thread that has actually had to use a firearm in self defense. I have just been setting back and reading all of these posts since this thread was started. As is always the case with just about anything, the more that some people talk, the more you see just how ignorant they are! If more gun control or no guns at all were the answer, then Chicago and DC would be like "Mayberry!" Since 2004, 94% of all mass shootings have been in "gun free" zones. If someone want's to kill someone they will find a way. Paris for the most recent example. If there had been some good citizens there with handguns the outcome would have probably been different. Knives have been recently used also. All that it takes to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. Since it is impossible for everyone to carry a cop around on their back, I and my dear wife prefer to carry our own protection and are therefore in control of our own fate! I am not going to post and argue with all the "progressives" because there is a old sayin that goes something like this, "if you continue to argue with someone stupid, all that they do is manage to bring you down to their level of stupidity!"
__________________
"Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth"
1987 Avion 34W
1995 Ford F250 7.3L PowerStroke
PaulnGina is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 02:21 PM   #315
Rivet Master

 
2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,303
My fave on that is "Never argue with someone stupid, first they drag you down to their level and then beat you up with their experience"




Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
__________________
KE4GNK/AE
'The Silver HamShack' (2007 International 22FB CCD 75th Aniversary model)
Multiple Yaesu Ham Radios inside and many antennae sprouting from roof, ProPride hitch
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #316
Rivet Master
 
paiceman's Avatar

 
2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,433
Images: 1
The Duke: you are not the only person.

Both my wife and I are NRA Life Benefactor Members and extremely proud of it. I'll finish here - the Amendment covering ones right to have weapons is Number 2 and the founding fathers made it Number 2 for a reason. It was not unanimous on their part, in fact the only unanimous vote for one of the Amendments was Number 10.

My Best

Bud
__________________
SAFE TRAVELS
2017 30' Classic - F350 6.7 Diesel Crew
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #317
Full Time Adventurer
 
BoldAdventure's Avatar
 
2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,743
__________________
Family of 4 living, working & exploring the USA in our Airstream.
OUR BLOG | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
BoldAdventure is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 02:48 PM   #318
3 Rivet Member
 
LAWBC's Avatar
 
2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
Victoria , British Columbia
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 120
Images: 5
Would that be battery operated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weber.roger View Post
Way too many opinions. No definitive answer. Maybe I will just take my electric chain saw
Good 2 nd. back up but you would need to be plugged into shore power, or have the inverter on while plugged in and then a long enough extension cord to deal with the altercation at hand .
Just my thoughts. I love the US and the topic of guns this thread might go forever. I also believe that everyone has the right to protect themselves,by whatever means they think reasonable.
__________________
Laurence
LAWBC is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #319
Full Time Adventurer
 
BoldAdventure's Avatar
 
2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWBC View Post
I also believe that everyone has the right to protect themselves,by whatever means they think reasonable.
I think this would be reasonable
__________________
Family of 4 living, working & exploring the USA in our Airstream.
OUR BLOG | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
BoldAdventure is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 03:09 PM   #320
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Mission , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 836
Two things I disagree with.
The likelyhood there is only one person on this thread that has actually had to use a firearm in self defense.
That arguing could ever be anything but stupid.
~yawn~
__________________
nrgtrakr is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 03:24 PM   #321
Rivet Master
 
J. Morgan's Avatar

 
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,038
Images: 11
Debate is where ideas are tested and sharpened.

Argument is where everything becomes a personal affront.

Debate is generally good, argument is generally fruitless.

I love a good debate, but despise a bad argument.


Brevi tempore!
__________________
The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline  
Old 11-15-2015, 03:34 PM   #322
Full Time Adventurer
 
BoldAdventure's Avatar
 
2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,743
Does it count if the self defense was against a declared enemy of the United States?
__________________

__________________
Family of 4 living, working & exploring the USA in our Airstream.
OUR BLOG | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
BoldAdventure is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rivet guns ... looking to buy toastie Ribs, Skins & Rivets 17 02-07-2008 06:47 PM
Rivet guns bimpy Ribs, Skins & Rivets 4 01-12-2008 10:23 PM
Guns, Pistols, RV'ing and ?? Felony oxblood On The Road... 56 08-01-2007 03:01 PM
Guns for RV Defense RoadKingMoe Off Topic Forum 27 03-11-2003 01:11 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.