Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Geo Caching for Airstreamers

Just wondering if there are other Airstreamers interested in the "sport" of Geo Caching. We are currently in the Melbourne, FL area and have been having a great time. This area is gold mine for caches.
rtaylor537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I was doing it for a while and need to get back into it. It is a lot of fun and will be an event at the 4CU New Years Rally.

I did have a Travel Bug (Airstream 7513) which traveled 3673 miles in a couple of years, but sadly the cache that it was last in was stolen and my TB is lost.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Thanks for the information. We currently are in possession of a TB from Paris, FR. The owner wants it placed in cities having the name Paris so we plan to carry it to Michigan to a town of that name.
We have been geocaching in all the locations we've travelled. Most state parks, gardens, rest areas, historical sites and so forth have caches and it makes for very pleasant travel.
rtaylor537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Lyme , Connecticut
Yes, we have lots of fun geocaching with the kids, we can circle the same spot for a long time until someone finally spots it!
seldencove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1993 36' Land Yacht
jackson , Tennessee
I find geocaching absolutely fascinating. it will take you places you would never go with the additional 'thrill of the chase.' I am a premium member of geocaching.com. My grandchildren are absolute experts at it and we have had some remarkable times because of it. It is sort of like christmas day when you were a kid. to find one provides significant psychic comfort. I use an iphone 3gs (soon to be upgraded to an iphone 5 when available) and a Garmin 62gs when we need more than one. we recently geocached new york city (mainly manhattan) and were incredulous. it is another component of the rv experience that is totally addictive. the TB i posted in nashville, tn in 2009 ended up in Frankfort, Germany. try that with a note in a bottle. try it. you'll like it.
bukib is offline   Reply With Quote