Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2016, 03:31 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Cool Front Bedroom vs Back Bedroom.

Hi Everyone,

We are interested in hearing comments from Airstreamers who have chosen floorplans with their bed(s) in the front of their trailers.

How did you decide where you would prefer your bedroom?

Are you happy with your chosen setup?

What improvements could or should be made to your bedroom layout?

Thanks for your time.
DaytonaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:46 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We always wanted the rear bed, for privacy and the fact that what you are backed up to is often woods, water, other beautiful scenery.....not always, tho, as sometimes the scenery is other campers, but then you close your rear blinds and look at what is offered out your side windows.

Maggie
Old 07-07-2016, 05:42 AM   #3
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
We prefer rear bedroom for the reasons stated above. plus the door is then at the front, typically a more convenient location.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:01 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
New Ashford , Massachusetts
Here we go again...same old stuff again...The search function is your friend and ours. This subject has been written about in nausea.

Can the moderators just close these redundant threads and direct the OP to an existing thread.

Joe D
Dexterpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:04 AM   #5
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Our choice was the front bedroom. We like having the living area in the back. Our campsites often have the scenery (whether it be water or trees or whatever) in the back of the trailer and the TV and roadway in the front. Plus if there is a picnic table it is usually located near the back of the campsite making it easier to use from the rear of the trailer.

But everyone likes something different which is why they make so many different layouts.

I also think you will be become accustomed to either and both would work!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:26 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
I agree with Joe D; there is nothing new to be said about this. It ranks up there with tow vehicles, tires, and hitches. We are in the front bedroom camp and very happy with it.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:41 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Signal Mountain , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaDan View Post
Hi Everyone,

We are interested in hearing comments from Airstreamers who have chosen floorplans with their bed(s) in the front of their trailers.

How did you decide where you would prefer your bedroom?

Are you happy with your chosen setup?

What improvements could or should be made to your bedroom layout?

Thanks for your time.
Welcome DaytonaDan,

Seeing that this is your first post, it is a legitimate question. The search feature is in the narrow colored bar near the right hand end. You can also do a search on Google, and find threads on Airforms. There are strong opinions on either side of your question. We have a rear bedroom twin bunks because that is what we were looking for. I do not feel strongly about either. They both have their good features.

By the way, welcome. Please let us know your decision.
TN,”Greenest State in the Land of the Free”.Davy Crocket
" America is not a place;it's a road." Mark Twain
Tn Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:57 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I can appreciate the older folks being impatient with new posters, but it'd be best if they'd ignore these threads rather than post such rude responses.

Just don't click on it! If it bothers you so!

The rear bedroom I think provides more privacy and opportunity for better views in most campgrounds. The front bedroom will have your TV as the view.

And pay no mind to the responses directing you to the search. Ask as many questions as you want. That's the purpose of this site.

Welcome to the forums!
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30 Recliner - WBCCI #4850 - AIR #110821
2018 Nissan Armada SL Tow Vehicle, Equal-i-zer Hitch
Visit Our Flying Cloud blog for my latest adventure!
FCStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:11 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Metuchen , New Jersey
With a front bedroom you'll have views of nature while you're eating at the table. Rear bedroom will be views of the propane tanks, your car, road and neighbors while your at the table.
GenXair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
We are sat in the rear bed camp. When sat at the dinette it is nice to see the world go by. The door being at the front of the trailer is a big deal for convenience.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:38 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
London , Ontario
I too am pretty new to the board and don't mind seeing these topics come up again. Considering it's not a choice I have to make now, it's not something I would search the old posts for, yet I enjoy reading the answers none the less. It is easy to ignore those threads that are not of interest. So don't be discouraged to ask!

As for the bedroom layout, we fell in love with a Pendleton so there was no choice for us, but it is likely what I would pick anyway. The rear hatch is the best!!
Penny Loafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:19 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' International
Albuquerque , New Mexico
The functionality of the floor plan for our own needs ultimately became more important than the location of the bed. We initially thought we'd be getting a 27FB because I like to cook and that model has a great galley. Ultimately, we chose a 28 because we loved the separate lounge and the marriage-saving separate wardrobes on either side of the bed!

The location of the best view changes from campground to campground and even from one campsite to another in the same location. We weren't expecting it but have been pleased to find that the best view is frequently outside the curbside dinette. However, we're often outdoors doing other things and it just doesn't matter so much.

We've only been in one campground in the past year where we would have had problems if we'd chosen a front bedroom model with the rear door. There were tiered rows of pull-throughs on a slope-- with only the front two-thirds of each site fairly level and a narrow road between each row. By the time we leveled the trailer, the rear bumper was up above my chest. I suspect that if we'd had a front bedroom model, we could have asked to be moved to another row or a back-in site and then all would have been well.

If I could change anything about our floor plan, I'd ask for a few extra inches between the foot of the bed and the wall, and a few extra inches of knee room in the lavatory. I'd love it if the 28 became a 29!
NoNameinNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:24 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
This is discussed on several other threads.
I have had both front bedroom and rear bedroom and honestly have no preference- except that the Classic 30 is a rear bedroom and that is the trailer I have/want.
As long as the trailer has a center bath floor plan I am OK- living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom- It matters not to me whether that order is south/north or north/south.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:46 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Every thread is a new conversation.

Those who don't want to talk should walk on past.

Just my opinion.

Superat stultitia.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Flying Cloud
Greenback , Tennessee
We have had both layouts. Our Safari 25 had a front bedroom and I liked it because it had rear panoramic windows which gave us a nice view from the living area. Our FC 30 has a smaller window in back and the panoramic windows are in the front, where the living area with the recliners is located. There are advantages to both, I guess. When you buy used, you have to take what is available or keep looking.
Gneiss Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Temple , Texas
Flip a coin, or just chose the one that best fits your dream. We got the front because our favorite campgrounds have the beach on the rear side. I also like that fact that the door can not swing open when traveling on the FB - your post may be redundant but it gives you a chance to meet folks on the forum. Enjoy

Dennis
RamRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Everyone loves what they have until they get something else.

You can't go wrong either way, we compared FB and RB side by side and liked the arrangement and practical front entry of the RB best; after five years we'd most probably choose this one again. We were tempted by the FB Pendleton though, just because we liked the overall features and theme.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
On our rear twin, we like the huge, unobstructed rear outside storage compartment. Sam puts all her fishing gear in there.

The front twin has the same storage in the front, but the LP tanks are in the way making it harder to utilize.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Long Beach , California
I've had both and there are pluses/minuses to both.

One thing I like a little less is the fact that the door is kind of far from the front and the tow vehicle when dealing with a front bedroom.
LBOskiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
DaytonaDan - I like the discussion, so thank you! I've used the search function with variable results, so as a new AS owner and relatively new poster, I see no harm here.

We chose the FC 27 front bedroom, but bedroom location wasn't really the deciding factor - we kept having to decide which model overall fit us and the way we use the trailer - always a trade-off somewhere no matter what.

We enjoy sitting in the dinette or on the lounge getting the views from the panoramic windows - we tend to end up in places with good views at the rear. Of course, since we have the same windows in the bedroom, guess we could always open the curtains there! Best of both worlds!

Only once did we back into a site and have to pull a bit forward - the rear entry door was hanging out a bit too far - there was a quick drop off in back, and I was watching the wheel location on the street side, forgot all about the frigging door. So I do see the advantage of the front entry.
Kittycatcat is offline   Reply With Quote