Old 07-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2011 30' Flying Cloud
Greenback , Tennessee
We have had both layouts. Our Safari 25 had a front bedroom and I liked it because it had rear panoramic windows which gave us a nice view from the living area. Our FC 30 has a smaller window in back and the panoramic windows are in the front, where the living area with the recliners is located. There are advantages to both, I guess. When you buy used, you have to take what is available or keep looking.

Gneiss Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Temple , Texas
Flip a coin, or just chose the one that best fits your dream. We got the front because our favorite campgrounds have the beach on the rear side. I also like that fact that the door can not swing open when traveling on the FB - your post may be redundant but it gives you a chance to meet folks on the forum. Enjoy

2014 Flying Cloud 25FB
2015 Ram 1500
Blue Ox WDH
RamRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #17
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Everyone loves what they have until they get something else.

You can't go wrong either way, we compared FB and RB side by side and liked the arrangement and practical front entry of the RB best; after five years we'd most probably choose this one again. We were tempted by the FB Pendleton though, just because we liked the overall features and theme.
Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #18
Rivet Master
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
On our rear twin, we like the huge, unobstructed rear outside storage compartment. Sam puts all her fishing gear in there.

The front twin has the same storage in the front, but the LP tanks are in the way making it harder to utilize.
2014 25' Flying Cloud Rear Twin
2012 Dodge Durango Hemi/AWD
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2008 27' Safari FB SE
Long Beach , California
I've had both and there are pluses/minuses to both.

One thing I like a little less is the fact that the door is kind of far from the front and the tow vehicle when dealing with a front bedroom.
LBOskiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:29 PM   #20
1 Rivet Member
2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
DaytonaDan - I like the discussion, so thank you! I've used the search function with variable results, so as a new AS owner and relatively new poster, I see no harm here.

We chose the FC 27 front bedroom, but bedroom location wasn't really the deciding factor - we kept having to decide which model overall fit us and the way we use the trailer - always a trade-off somewhere no matter what.

We enjoy sitting in the dinette or on the lounge getting the views from the panoramic windows - we tend to end up in places with good views at the rear. Of course, since we have the same windows in the bedroom, guess we could always open the curtains there! Best of both worlds!

Only once did we back into a site and have to pull a bit forward - the rear entry door was hanging out a bit too far - there was a quick drop off in back, and I was watching the wheel location on the street side, forgot all about the frigging door. So I do see the advantage of the front entry.
Kittycatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #21
2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Sparks , Nevada
Originally Posted by J. Morgan View Post
Every thread is a new conversation.

Those who don't want to talk should walk on past.

Just my opinion.

Superat stultitia.

2015 F350 CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel
2010 27FB Silver Cloud "The Silver Spoon"
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #22
Rivet Master
2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Sometimes I follow a thread hoping that if there is anything new to say, my email will flag me. Unfortunately this is idealistic because rarely does anyone look for the existing thread and add to it; they just start a new thread. About the only thread that still works as I had hoped is the ProPride users thread, thankfully. I just vote for more order and less chaos in the world, too much to hope for, I suppose.

lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:00 PM   #23
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
As to the search function- It simply does not work.
A google search of "front bedroom vs. rear bedroom Airforums" will get you there quicker.
2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member
2013 30' International
Anna Maria , Florida
Originally Posted by NoNameinNM View Post
The functionality of the floor plan for our own needs ultimately became more important than the location of the bed. We initially thought we'd be getting a 27FB because I like to cook and that model has a great galley. Ultimately, we chose a 28 because we loved the separate lounge and the marriage-saving separate wardrobes on either side of the bed!

The location of the best view changes from campground to campground and even from one campsite to another in the same location. We weren't expecting it but have been pleased to find that the best view is frequently outside the curbside dinette. However, we're often outdoors doing other things and it just doesn't matter so much.

We've only been in one campground in the past year where we would have had problems if we'd chosen a front bedroom model with the rear door. There were tiered rows of pull-throughs on a slope-- with only the front two-thirds of each site fairly level and a narrow road between each row. By the time we leveled the trailer, the rear bumper was up above my chest. I suspect that if we'd had a front bedroom model, we could have asked to be moved to another row or a back-in site and then all would have been well.

If I could change anything about our floor plan, I'd ask for a few extra inches between the foot of the bed and the wall, and a few extra inches of knee room in the lavatory. I'd love it if the 28 became a 29!
If you measure your 28' you will find that it is only 27' long. We started with a 28' and had the same issues with it. I especially disliked the lavatory after a few weeks of traveling plus we had two good size dogs. So after one year we traded up to a 30' which is a full 3' longer than the 28'. Much better bathroom and dinette layout. In the 28' the door opens into the dinette window if I remember correctly.
My vote goes for the rear bedroom Having the door in the front close to the TV is much more practical and in an Airstream with beautiful windows all around what difference does it make which direction the view is.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , Wisconsin
We decided on a size/class first. Then had both bedroom choices available. We spent some time sitting in both and ended up with the FC 25 FB because we loved the panoramic window at the back. It has been great for us. I would have to say that as total newbies the subtleties of front vs back are for all practical purposes totally lost in our efforts to learn systems and keep things going LOL. On the other hand our experiences at camp sites have been more pleasant with the rear window. You will find an equal number of people passionate about the rear bedroom.
trakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #26
2014 25' FB International
Peachland , North Carolina
We have a 2014, 25 ft International, front bedroom. We have our bedroom in the front. The floor layout for the bedroom is really tough at times. The head is on the curbside. There is barely 6" on the left side (facing the bed from the bottom). If you are tall, you may hit your head on the overhead compartment. You really have to crawl out backwards. We did not realize how tight that would be, or we would have had twin beds or a centered bed with space on each side. We prefer the front bedroom since most of the time we are backing into a spot, and are able to sit at the table and enjoy a lake view etc.
Pjsepski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member
2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Sandy , Utah
My wife and I looked at both and chose the front bedroom. We enjoy backing into spots and having the living/dining area facing the scenery rather than the rest of the RV park or the back of my truck. I don't think that we have opened the curtains in the bedroom more than a time or two.
rocco52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member
1977 27' Overlander
1996 34' Excella
Florida Panhandle , Florida
Front Bedroom vs Back Bedroom.

The setup of some sites beg for a front bedroom, some for a rear. We have a rear bedroom and for the most part we find it works well. There have been a few occasions where an entry door at the rear of the trailer which I believe the front bedrooms have would have prevented us from backing up and hanging a few feet over a drop off allowing us more parking space in the front but at the same time, the views were nicest in the rear. Stone Mountain RV Park was one of these. You will be happiest if you pick what you like and is the most user friendly for you as neither choice will perfect in every site every time.

The Evans' Family
Florida Panhandle
WBCCI 7091, Unit 153 & AIR 88474
1977 Overlander / 27' ~ The Attitude Adjuster
1997 Airstream Excella / 34' ~ The Sane Asylum
Paddledipper is offline   Reply With Quote