Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #21

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Morgan View Post
Every thread is a new conversation.

Those who don't want to talk should walk on past.

Just my opinion.

Superat stultitia.

X2!

2015 F350 CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel
2010 27FB Silver Cloud "The Silver Spoon"
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:35 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Sometimes I follow a thread hoping that if there is anything new to say, my email will flag me. Unfortunately this is idealistic because rarely does anyone look for the existing thread and add to it; they just start a new thread. About the only thread that still works as I had hoped is the ProPride users thread, thankfully. I just vote for more order and less chaos in the world, too much to hope for, I suppose.

Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:00 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
As to the search function- It simply does not work.
A google search of "front bedroom vs. rear bedroom Airforums" will get you there quicker.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNameinNM View Post
The functionality of the floor plan for our own needs ultimately became more important than the location of the bed. We initially thought we'd be getting a 27FB because I like to cook and that model has a great galley. Ultimately, we chose a 28 because we loved the separate lounge and the marriage-saving separate wardrobes on either side of the bed!

The location of the best view changes from campground to campground and even from one campsite to another in the same location. We weren't expecting it but have been pleased to find that the best view is frequently outside the curbside dinette. However, we're often outdoors doing other things and it just doesn't matter so much.

We've only been in one campground in the past year where we would have had problems if we'd chosen a front bedroom model with the rear door. There were tiered rows of pull-throughs on a slope-- with only the front two-thirds of each site fairly level and a narrow road between each row. By the time we leveled the trailer, the rear bumper was up above my chest. I suspect that if we'd had a front bedroom model, we could have asked to be moved to another row or a back-in site and then all would have been well.

If I could change anything about our floor plan, I'd ask for a few extra inches between the foot of the bed and the wall, and a few extra inches of knee room in the lavatory. I'd love it if the 28 became a 29!
If you measure your 28' you will find that it is only 27' long. We started with a 28' and had the same issues with it. I especially disliked the lavatory after a few weeks of traveling plus we had two good size dogs. So after one year we traded up to a 30' which is a full 3' longer than the 28'. Much better bathroom and dinette layout. In the 28' the door opens into the dinette window if I remember correctly.
My vote goes for the rear bedroom Having the door in the front close to the TV is much more practical and in an Airstream with beautiful windows all around what difference does it make which direction the view is.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Madison , Wisconsin
We decided on a size/class first. Then had both bedroom choices available. We spent some time sitting in both and ended up with the FC 25 FB because we loved the panoramic window at the back. It has been great for us. I would have to say that as total newbies the subtleties of front vs back are for all practical purposes totally lost in our efforts to learn systems and keep things going LOL. On the other hand our experiences at camp sites have been more pleasant with the rear window. You will find an equal number of people passionate about the rear bedroom.
trakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Bryson City , North Carolina
We have a 2014, 25 ft International, front bedroom. We have our bedroom in the front. The floor layout for the bedroom is really tough at times. The head is on the curbside. There is barely 6" on the left side (facing the bed from the bottom). If you are tall, you may hit your head on the overhead compartment. You really have to crawl out backwards. We did not realize how tight that would be, or we would have had twin beds or a centered bed with space on each side. We prefer the front bedroom since most of the time we are backing into a spot, and are able to sit at the table and enjoy a lake view etc.
Pjsepski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Sandy , Utah
My wife and I looked at both and chose the front bedroom. We enjoy backing into spots and having the living/dining area facing the scenery rather than the rest of the RV park or the back of my truck. I don't think that we have opened the curtains in the bedroom more than a time or two.
rocco52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:14 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
1996 34' Excella
Florida Panhandle , Florida
Front Bedroom vs Back Bedroom.

The setup of some sites beg for a front bedroom, some for a rear. We have a rear bedroom and for the most part we find it works well. There have been a few occasions where an entry door at the rear of the trailer which I believe the front bedrooms have would have prevented us from backing up and hanging a few feet over a drop off allowing us more parking space in the front but at the same time, the views were nicest in the rear. Stone Mountain RV Park was one of these. You will be happiest if you pick what you like and is the most user friendly for you as neither choice will perfect in every site every time.
1997 Airstream Excella / 34' ~ The Sane Asylum
Paddledipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:30 PM   #29

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
We typically will not close a thread even though the topic is redundant. We have a lot of new faces here and in many cases we get a new set of responses from folks on the frequently asked questions and topics.

My own experience with the search feature with the forum software used is less than ideal and sometimes in all honesty it's just easier to ask the question again. Those who see the repetitive question can just ignore the thread. It's that easy.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Orleans , Massachusetts
OMG, can you be any more 'old school' about not wanting to have this discussion again? Newbies love to access this information and may not know that there are already answers to this. Are you people complaining, so wrapped up in this website that it's your news, unwilling to visit any repeat question? It's supposed to be a informational guide and the ones asking questions are NEW, so they may not know to query threads. Lighten up please and be welcoming, not chastising! We were all there once!
ASaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #31
1 Rivet Member

2016 20' Flying Cloud
Lancaster , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASaddiction View Post
OMG, can you be any more 'old school' about not wanting to have this discussion again? Newbies love to access this information and may not know that there are already answers to this. Are you people complaining, so wrapped up in this website that it's your news, unwilling to visit any repeat question? It's supposed to be a informational guide and the ones asking questions are NEW, so they may not know to query threads. Lighten up please and be welcoming, not chastising! We were all there once!
Thank you ASaddiction! I couldn't agree with you more.

BTW - We have a front bedroom and we love the view we get.
Ratta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:08 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
2022 Atlas
Homosassa , Florida
We've had both and it didn't matter either way. My only complaint would be that the FB was a 25' and the bed was sideways and that didn't work well for us. Our preference is front door rear bed only because of where we stay in the summer, only a front door will work and it's more convenient where we store our trailer. Sleeping didn't matter either way front or rear. Go with the layout you like and don't worry about bed location. Most importantly, have fun with your trailer and family.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsborough , North Carolina
Public versus Private Campgrounds.
That seems to be a big variable in Front versus Rear Bedroom.
If a person plans to spend the majority of time in Private campgrounds where spaces are close to each other and often back to back, then the rear bedroom might be preferred. You would see all the traffic walking in the street and like to see who is walking by as the social nature of Private long term campgrounds offer. This assume that there might also be a side spot to park the Tow vehicle to also improve the view out the front. Plus you would not be looking at the back of the other RV parks directly behind. Plus it would tend to be a bit quieter for sleeping
If a person plans to spend most of the time in public, state/national parks/forests where backing in often means backing up to river, lake or other amazing scenic view, then Front Bedroom might make sense.
I think it probably depends heavily on how a person plans to use their Airstream.
It is funny how many people complain about this thread and yet it has one of the most replies in one day, so it is still very much a hot topic on people's mind.
GeeSag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Parnell , Iowa
We had a FC 19 which was a rear bed of course and never thought to measure our shoulder width. In the rear twin bed we were shoulder to shoulder and almost touching the wall on each side not good for us if it is hot. The front queen in the 23 fb is perfect and one person doesn't have to crawl over the other. We wanted to stay small so I don't know the size of the bed in a rear bed larger model.
Ste and Bre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:39 PM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2004 22' Safari
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsmblue View Post
We are sat in the rear bed camp. When sat at the dinette it is nice to see the world go by. The door being at the front of the trailer is a big deal for convenience.
There are so many variations over time, these 'generalities' often do not hold. My 2004 22 foot Safari has a front curbside door with a front bed. The large counter space on the galley is the most important feature to us, and if we want to look at the scenery, we go sit in chairs outside the unit We keep silver bubble reflector material continuously in the windows (Southwestern US), only pulling this when we really want airflow or a view from some part of the unit.
Silver.Sanctuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:50 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Morgan View Post
Every thread is a new conversation.

Those who don't want to talk should walk on past.

Just my opinion.

Superat stultitia.
I agree. I have been around a while and have yet to stumble into this one. There are no bad questions.

Cheers!
Old 07-14-2016, 08:32 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Classic
Cambridge , New York
Many older state park and national park campgrounds are all the same basic plan: a big one-way circle with back-in sites. In the middle of the circle are the restrooms, laundry, dumpsters, volley-ball court, etc. That is what you will see out of your front window (plus your tow vehicle and propane tanks). Views of the mountains, water, canyon, whatever are usually facing outwards from the circle, to the rear.

This is one of the reasons we picked a 27' front bedroom. We wanted the daytime/dining/social area to have the view from those great wraparound and side windows while we ate or entertained. The 27' FB has a nice "island queen", and is a nice bedroom - but we are only in there to sleep at night, read a book, take a nap, or watch the 2nd flat-screen TV (which usually ends up in a nap). It doesn't bother me that the view from the front window behind our heads is the propane tanks and rear of the truck, as my eyes are usually closed.

The other thing we love about the 27FB is the layout. The whole rear half of the trailer is the "social" area, including the galley. We've had up to 8 people in there, and because of the couch and dinette configuration, no one had to sit with their back to the others. It has two room dividers, so you can take the bathroom and shower and divide them off to be either part of the social area or the private bedroom area, depending on needs and wants. We've just come back from our 5th two week cross-country vacation in ours, and enjoy it more each trip. Just my experience and opinions...

Enjoy whatever Airstream you get!
Old 08-28-2016, 11:07 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

2002 27' Safari
Porterdale , Georgia
We really (!!!!) enjoy spending time at Top Of Georgia, backed up against the big bubbling creek - going to sleep in our rear bedroom, windows open, llistening to the water. And even listening to the resident bear (we named it Buford) snuffle around . . . no, really!! I don't know how to include pictures, I'd love to show them to y'all.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #39

Currently Looking...
Austin , Texas
Front Bedroom, Please!

We are so pleased with our Front Bedroom! We both work, which means we'll be spending time (all day) in the living area. We have a 25FB (wish it were longer) and really enjoy the huge views out of all the windows in the rear living area. I definitely don't want to look at our truck/other campers all day while working. Searching for a bigger AS is frustrating because our biggest want is front bedroom and open rear windows. Good luck!
Sarah And Bryan
Rooneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Lake Forest , Illinois
This is why we love our front bedroom...
Name:   IMG_0267.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  24.0 KB
kjbishop2 is offline   Reply With Quote