Old 05-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam View Post
25' Rear Bed Twin... Unrestricted access to the huge rear outside storage.
Plus three external storage areas (2 road side, 1 curb side) vs 2 for front bed twin

greghoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:15 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Box Elder , South Dakota
Double lock the door. If it comes open you have bigger issues to worry about!

Tincampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member
2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
One difference on 25' models most people miss is the location of the fresh water tank filler.

On the front bed, the fresh water tank filler is on the same side and next to the city water inlet fittings on the Front Bed (the road side)

On the Rear Bed, the fresh water tank filler is less convenient, as it is in the middle of the opposite side of the trailer (the curb side), requiring the filler hose to be routed underneath when filling from a campground. There are also cases where this could be an advantage.

Not something you would base your final decision on.

greghoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:28 AM   #18
TAC CA-420
Currently Looking...
Santa Monica , California
Her Door is in the Rear Entry Position

Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
In many campgrounds, the prettiest, most scenic and quiet area is at the rear of your campsite.

Also...if you like to prop up in bed and sip coffee of a morning, nice to have the quiet and something pretty to look at as the sun rises.

By moving the entry door to the curbside, Wally rearranged Hawley Bowlus' pioneering riveted aluminum airframe trailer (whose door was on the nose of the trailer. Bowlus was an engineer interested in aerodynamics.)

However, to my mind the door is best in the rear entry position, which is where it is on my vintage aluminum trailer. Not only does its location allow a floor plan that can provide for a front galley, but opening it in the morning brings in the outdoors most pleasingly -- and generally privately
'55 Airlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Hahira , Georgia
I have the 25 rb. I love the roomy commode but hate the shower. I have not been affected by those other issues.
From my Pecan Tree
PecanMan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Westfield , Indiana
Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
Having had both....

Front bed....does give a nice view from the dinette out the rear panoramic windows in a 27FB. But, one needs to have these same windows tinted by an expert to avoid heat build up.

I decided on a rear bed this time as I wanted the door close to the TV, and I park often in truck stops, so sleeping at the opposite end from the big tractors running engines all night seemed like a good idea. Outside access to the storage under the bed is easier in a rear bed. Where I store the thousand pound 50 amp shore line...LOL

Disadvantage of rear bed, the entrance door is a suicide door, if it ever pops one on a trip, disaster.

Now, if I were in the JC design department, I might consider

AS_26UFB_05.08.16TFL.001 by Tommie Lauer, on Flickr
I would LOVE the 26 U in an FB option!! That's my ideal floor plan!
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Bed and Bath considerations

WOW. What a wealth of info. It is so helpful to get eveyone's perspective because we have been all over the map with our own ideas trying to figure it out.
Oh, and there is more to the differences too. Add the differences in the bedroom/bathroom over the years (not just new models) and even more information is available! I don't full-time but I have found that noise is a factor to consider in campgrounds. For that reason I prefer a rear bedroom. The storage access clear of the LP tanks is critical too. View? Go outside. Speaking on wishful floorpans, I believe a model with a pano on front with rear bedroom center window lined walls on twin beds bedroom only would be an ideal setup. The windows on both ends are giant heat radiators that I am convinced are why so many complain about their AC not cooling and wanting a big AC or two units for a 25" trailer.

Closely related too is the bathroom as it impacts the bedroom in many model layouts. I realize the advantage the 27 and 30' hall-utilizing baths provide and am working on a fix for mine. I prefer an all-in one bathroom as on the 26 and the 28 Land Yacht or the hall/bath combo of the 27' FC and 30' Classic (perhaps other models too with dual privacy screens). They provide a nice area for doing your business without impacting the bedroom or only utilizing only one side of the trailer. IMO the current 25' needs to reverse the location of the commode to align the door with the shower somehow to link the two and utilize the hall as in the models I mentioned. That way you have the bathroom/hall as one unit and a nicer space to move in.
2015 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecobeast 3.55 Lariat
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #22
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Rod, on our 25 Rear Bed thee is two folding screens, on at the bedroom entrance and one next to the kitchen range. When these screens are pulled the separate shower and sink/toilet are linked as one large bathroom. That section of the hallway becomes part of it.

However, on our 25RB I reversed the bath door by turning it upside down and remounting the hinge so it opens toward the bedroom, not the living room. For her and I we just open the bath door, open her closet door (a handy place to drape your dry towel over while showering) and the same linked bathroom effect is achieved, and open to the bedroom for dressing.

We have a nice large sink/toilet area with a window of its own, but do appreciate how the hallway and shower can easily and privately be added to the space making a very spacious bath unit.
Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Bemus Point , New York
Front or rear bed

We have a 25' FB 2007 Safari, and love it! The expansive rear window above the dinette provides wonderful views at back-in sites at campgrounds that have views. We can't imagine looking out over the truck and the campground road.
jetjocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:21 PM   #24
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Sometimes you're backed into a campsite where the view is a fifth wheel backed in from the other side, watching them watching you.

We like our Front Living Room, never a bad view.
Doug and Cheryl
2012 FC RB, Michelin 16, ProPride 1400
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 Ecodiesel 3.92 axles

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 02:35 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
We started with a 2013 25FB International Serenity with queen bed sight unseen. On first trip I hated the cross frame bed with a passion. The storage access was from the side, so the items that moved to the far side were no longer accessible using my short arms. The twin beds were NOT a standard option on the International models at that time. Twin beds would have made all the difference to us.

We traded for the 2014 31' Classic with twin beds. Later we also acquired the 2015 23D. It has a challenging bed, but at least I can access the storage and don't hit my head when I sit up.

We now prefer the rear bed models with the front doors.
WBCCI Life Member 5123, AIR 70341, 4CU, WD9EMC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member
2011 25' FB International
Gunnison , Colorado
We just got our 25FB 2011 International CCD two months ago. We love the rear dinette view and the the rear entry hasn't really been a problem. It just depends on time spent indoors or outside and what you enjoy.
gunnyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #27
Rivet Slave
2014 27' FB International
Western WA , Washington
Front Bed or Rear Bed

Another example of one of our favorite forum threads.

We love our 27FB Queen bed model, with the following caveat: The under-bed storage door is in the front of the trailer behind the propane tanks. It's been a tough battle to get that door to stop leaking water into the trailer while being towed under rainy conditions. Multiple trips to the dealer, multiple attempts at getting a tighter seal. It's good enough now, though still not as tight a seal as we think it should be.

That said, here's an example of the payoff:

And another:

The only downside so far of the "rear entry" is that folks visiting us in the rain have to dodge the waterfall coming off the front of our slanted Zip Dee awning to get to our door.
Rocinante is our 2014 International Signature 27FB
(Named for John Steinbeck's camper from "Travels With Charley")

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:06 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
When you get the ideal campsite the 25fb rear living area is the best feature.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Window Pano.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	262163  

2008 Classic 25fb "Silver Mistress"
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins. Crew Cab, 4x4, Silver
2010 Tundra 5.7L, Double Cab, 2wd, White
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote