Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
folding table.

I'm trying to track down a folding RV table.
Not just any table. It was hand made by a guy in Colorado (as I recall) who made it from solid wood. It could go high or low by moving wood pegs, the leaves folded down, or it could have one leaf up and one down, or both up. Very versatile, you could specify the wood to match your cabinets, and it was in the $400-$500 range.
Only about 8" wide when folded.
I wonder if he's still making them?

UPDATE:
I think I found it by accident. Not exactly as I remember it, but close.
Miller's Amazing Table, and he has a 970 area code which is Colorado.
http://www.amazingmagictable.com/amtable.htm
No, I have no affiliation with them.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I'm not quite sure where you would put that in a typical AS .... What are you thinking of?

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

I'm not quite sure where you would put that in a typical AS .... What are you thinking of?

Bob
In the 26U (My choice) there's no Dinette, one thing I like. But a small table would be good for drinks, TV dinners etc.
In the Classic where there's a long sofa in the front, many folks have a folding table for snacks. I actually regret NOT buying it when I had the MH, and I searched for it on Google, and as soon as I posted the question, I found it.
I thought about deleting my post, and probably should have, because it felt like I was pushing this table, which I'm not.
I left it in case someone else was interested.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
In the 26U (My choice) there's no Dinette, one thing I like. But a small table would be good for drinks, TV dinners etc.
In the Classic where there's a long sofa in the front, many folks have a folding table for snacks. I actually regret NOT buying it when I had the MH, and I searched for it on Google, and as soon as I posted the question, I found it.
I thought about deleting my post, and probably should have, because it felt like I was pushing this table, which I'm not.
I left it in case someone else was interested.
Hi

Ok, so does it store upright in the trailer or do you lay it down? Do you rig something to strap it to when in transit?

Bob
Old 06-24-2017, 09:07 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Ok, so does it store upright in the trailer or do you lay it down? Do you rig something to strap it to when in transit?

Bob
I regret bringing it up.
If I could delete it I would.
You win.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #6
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I regret bringing it up.
If I could delete it I would.
You win.
Hi

I think you very much mis-understood my comments. If so, I'm sorry about that. I'm trying to figure out how to do exactly what you are talking about here.

Bob
Old 06-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #7
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Bob

Use a padded bag to protect other surfaces while traveling and store it vertically to one side of the bed or the other. Use the case of wine to hold it in place. When you arrive, move it to the location where you wish to use the table. Alternatively, it sounds like when folded, the table is small enough to fit in the storage area under the bed. That would be semi-permanent and need no relocation, except for use.

But, if you absolutely must have the perfect location, install the table support brackets to the ribs above the bed. They are a custom fabrication, but should not take more than 50-75 pages of forum discussion to get just right. Unfortunately, the real problem is going to be the discussion on whether to install a glass mirror or polished aluminum panel to hide the table. Bet someone will suggest that you position the table to add more wood to the interior, but there is a down side to that, maybe.

Hope to meet you down the road. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:06 PM   #8
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

With twin beds, store under the bed is a bit exciting.

Store *between* the beds while in transit just might work.

Bob
Old 06-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #9
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Bob

An 8" wide folded table should fit under either twin. But still think an overhead storage project is the deal.....unless there is room for two cases of wine to block the table between those twins. Pat
Old 06-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #10
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

In the 30' Classic, the outdoor storage lockers are under half of each of the twin beds. The rest is taken up with drawers. All of the wall area over the beds has storage compartments. There isn't a lot of "air space" over the beds.

I'm wondering if you pad it with a pair of inner tubes. They store in zero space when deflated and nicely pump up to cushion the table in place when needed. You can get them in all sorts of sizes ..... various beach / water toys might be even better .... hmmm .....

I really like that table !! ...hmmm....

Putting it in the far back of the AS might require me to move the gold brick collection forward to compensate the weight and balance. I don't think that will be an issue (despite the non-existance of the gold brick collection).

Bob
Old 06-25-2017, 10:19 AM   #11
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pool toys - that's the ticket.

Hope to meet you down the road. Pat
Old 06-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I used to just put stuff ON the bed. I never had anything jump off while rolling down the road. Guitar cases, glass picture frames, etc. If I had an AS with twins, I'd consider a small table between them for snacks, cards, TV dinners. I guess my theme is I was never comfortable in a dinette. So I choose the 26U as my ideal.
I'd probably leave one half the table stored, and pivot the other 90 degrees. I thought about a short post to make a cocktail table height, but then it's another thing to store. If I were to order the folding table, I'd ask for one with a rectangular top, to my eye, the round ends look like grandma's style. Same with the knobs for feet. But I thought the concept and choice of wood was interesting. If you Google "folding table" most are oddball.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:42 AM   #13
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Indeed, there are a variety of similar designs. One non-trivial issue in my setup is how it would work with the recliners. The "big deal" would be to add work surface / dining surface for two people sitting there. That gives you a bunch of critical dimensions. Some sort of custom may be the only answer. I've been hoping that somebody else already worked out the nasty details .... A pair of single side tables might actually reduce the complexity ...

Bob

Bob