Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2016, 01:24 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Olympia , Washington
To me, the dark (ebony?) cabinets & upholstery are gloomy & depressing, and I wanted to step into the trailer & get a feeling of light & airy.

As for the slide out drawers, coming back from the WV rally, we had the microwave slide-out cabinet slide out twice while travelling, dumping the microwave on the floor. I thought I liked the slide-out microwave cabinet, but now I need to put a keeper on the door to keep from finding the microwave on the floor a third time.
RIP "BigDog": M Harlequin Great Dane, 150 lb
"St. Rocco": M Black Great Dane, 150 lb
Rgentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
Twin beds were only offered on Flying Cloud as a standard floor plan, which dictated our choice.

Greg
greghoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:08 PM   #23
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
Our first AS had the International dark interior. I suppose it looked more sophisticated, but when we had to spend much of a rainy day indoors, or were camping in the shoulder season when it was dark early and late, it was kind of gloomy inside. The FC is light, bright, and out of sight!
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Albuquerque , New Mexico
Being our first Airstream, we opted for the lighter interior of the Flying Cloud. It was actually the bright airiness that drew us to the Airstream. Having shopped for almost a year for trailers we looked at a lot of SOB's, but they all had very dark interiors and moving up from a pop up with lots of windows, we wanted a light and airy feel. We're very happy with the cashew leather and lighter cabinets. The only problem my wife had with the trailer was a very dark bathroom in the 25' FB model since there is no window. We solved this by buying the longer oval window from Airstream that is found in other models and installed it in the door. Now there is much more light in the bathroom.
abqdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Pacific Palisades , California
We have two different friends who recently bought FC's. Both said that they did so because they needed darker cushions because they have dogs, and it was less pricey than either of the Internationals, CCD or Serenity.

Personally, I think that the cashew interior with the light wood is a much lighter look. If we were to have chosen an FC, it would have been for the "warmer" feel of that interior.

But we purchased in 2009. We fell in love with the CCD signature, but ultimately decided the dark cabinetry would be counter to our love of bright. We anted up another 5k over the CCD for the Ocean Breeze. The white cabinetry , silver finished bulkheads, and light colored upholstery have rewarded us with the very brightest interior that Airstream offers--and we love it!

Nobody has mentioned this, but our International came standard with the three awning package that we find invaluable in its flexibility. I believe this is a pricey option on the FC?

I think the FC interiors are beautiful, too. We were just so tired of the wood in other trailers that we were drawn to the Internationals. Considering buying new again, we're waiting to see what will replace the Serenity. We like it, but like our Ocean Breeze much better.

Isn't it wonderful that there are so many great choices?
gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:04 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Goode , Virginia
Have a 2015 FC 23FB and are moving up to. FC 27FB. We don't like the sliding doors. Never liked them on closets in houses we owned and didn't want them in our AS.
SMLJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 08:47 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Grand Rapids , Michigan
We are not fans of air conditioning and so appreciate fabric instead of leather during the heat of the summer.
Jwestman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:36 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
salem , Oregon
We love both. Our first trailer was a 25' 2010 FC and now we have a 27' 2014 onyx International. I don't mind the darker interior in the onyx since it is shiny and we get a lot of light bounce and reflection. Have not had any problems with the microwave slider as some others have and so we love that. One advantage to the international is the upper cabinets are considerably larger. You Ishtar look at the upper cabinets in both.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
cptfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:24 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
One thing not mentioned so far. In the 30 foot floorplan, the Flying Cloud has cabinets above the side dinette. The International has vista view windows instead. Which is better, is a personal preference thing.

By the way, I am not sure this difference is true for all model years.

We have a 2013 25FB twin Flying Cloud and would choose Flying Cloud trim again.
SSquared is offline   Reply With Quote