Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Our 2016 Flying Cloud (25 rear twin bed) is ordered & we're anxiously waiting. This will be my 6th RV, first was a 19ft Minnie Winnie MH back in the 70's to an eventual 40ft diesel pusher with a few others in between. They ALL have noisy components like water pumps, refers etc, it's just part of the experience & you get use to it. We learned early on that our homes on wheels are just different. Enjoy the life style, as some strange noises are part of it!

Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Originally Posted by Jim Flower View Post
The pump should make little or no noise. Ensure that the intake fitting at the pump is on straight and strong finger tight. If that fitting is loose, air finds its way into the pump and helps to set up a vibration. Jim
Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Thanks, but it's not air in the lines, it's the vibration of the pump against the floor. It's not terribly loud outside. Mostly it's an issue at night when one of us flushes and wakes the other. We don't dry camp much so not a major issue. When I get all the other stuff done I'll put some thick rubber between it and the floor, that should do it.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:11 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
First impressions

We have a 23' FC, with a smaller bed than you have, and it does get cozy for the two of us at night. The first few times, my wife, who was sleeping next to the wall, froze her butt off! She got one of those ensolite pads from an outdoor store that backpackers use under their sleeping bags at night, and wedged it between the bed and the aluminum wall. Problem solved; butt now warm at night.

I have the same equalizer system you have, and it was installed a notch too low by the dealer. Basically, if you're parked on level ground, the system should keep your fully loaded trailer level, and not slanted up or down. You can check this with a carpenter's level held on the side moulding or some other spot on the trailer that should be level. Once I got it leveled out, the trailer towed more smoothly, didn't bounce around as much, and was easier to put those bars on and take them off. It's a little hard to tell from the picture but you might have the opposite problem: it's possible your's could be too high. It's not hard to change the position yourself, if you have the correct sized wrench or socket.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:39 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member
We just bought the 16 and I thought the same thing about the cold metal wall. I was planning on lining it with a this yoga type Matt. My question is do the walls sweat? Or are they insulated enough? I'm deff going to be cold up against that back wall. Brr
Big Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:00 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
oh the can sweat definitely....mostly though you can manage moisture by using the furnace I believe...that thing dries out the inside of the trailer quite well...although my experience camping in very cold conditions is limited at this point to a few nights at or near freezing and more than that in the 40's. I am not sure of this, but assume that if you run the heat pumps (mine are loud as all get out), and you do not exhaust off air over-night, you could see condensation inside...I recall seeing just that very early on when we bought the airstream...we bought it in November..and I recall seeing some condensation when I ran heat pumps only...

Never yet have I seen it with the furnace....

In summer heat, the AC keeps things pretty bone dry it seems based on my experience.
“The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them...We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.”

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:51 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Buy some bracket jackets for the Equalizer. Helps with the noise. Lube the arm sockets on the Equalizer head.

Replace the TV antenna with a Jack TV antenna.

Replace the fridge fan with a quiet fan, install an on/off switch.

I put pipe insulation around the output pipes near the pipe. Some of the noise are the pipe vibrating against each other or other items. Seems to have helped with some of the noise in my Airstream.

You can make or purchase "baby" bumpers to put on the twin bed walls. Unfortunately the bedroom has a lot of windows which are single pane and cold air comes with that. Wear a pullover cap on cold nights. I have to since I'm bald on the top of my head.

I have the mouse fur on my walls and the padded vinyl ceiling which helps a bit.

KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote