Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
"read the rules of the rules of the Forum" I have seen this quote several times, but under what heading are they? I have seen where it was said not to use foul language or do not degrade an individual or keep it civil in posts; but not a list of the rules and regulations .
mj
Old 04-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If you read them thru, this is what you find...

"Discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are permitted only in association with the topic of this forum and will be closed or removed if they become disruptive."
Old 04-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Thank you, Tony.

I was just preparing this, a link to gun threads here, all of which I believe have ended up being closed.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/sear...archid=7242110

Maggie
And, they are here...
Old 04-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Can we encourage threads to remain on topic?

All the postings here about how/why/how-many firearms discussions have been closed here.... have no value in THIS thread and detract from useful communication. THIS thread WAS ON-TOPIC and being very civil until unrelated posts hijack it to a discussion about closed threads that were not civil.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #25
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
I like to carry a ham sandwich. Nothing really as tasty as a good sandwich, you know.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
Not to drag it out any longer, and it probably has been mentioned in other threads on the topic.
It is important to keep our families safe, but it is more important to NOT end up in jail for bringing a banned weapon across state lines.
There may be new folks out there who do not realize that what you do in your home state, can get you into serious trouble elsewhere.
Be safe, but be informed before you travel
Wayne
Old 04-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
I like to carry a ham sandwich.
I'd rather have ham in my sandwich than cheese, but complaining wouldn't do any good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
Nothing really as tasty as a good sandwich, you know.
Agreed. Just had a fantastic Dolphin Reuben today at Center Street Nook here in Jupiter - with cole slaw instead of sauerkraut - wow, it was good.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:17 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2012 22' FB Sport
2003 19' Bambi
Port Townsend , Washington
It's a valid Airstream topic IMO. Safety - there's a lot to know if you take yourself or your family out of "civilization".

Bear spray, guns, locks, situational awareness, avoiding snakes of all kind - that's all practical knowledge to be shared. Just don't go political, save that for tires and tow vehicles.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #29
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
There actually IS an Airstream-connection to this thread in that if you are traveling in your Airstream you'd better be darn-well-informed about which state-boundaries/borders you are crossing as it regards the law. THAT is a valid discussion which should be tolerated, IMO.
Sorry, this question has nothing at all to do with whether you are traveling in an Airstream or any other SOB camper. It's "camping and guns", a general topic that should be discussed in some other camping and guns forum. It has nothing in particular to do with Airstreaming.

What really peeves me about every one of these threads is that they are always started by someone "new" to the forum who only had a few posts here before starting a discussion about guns and camping. It feels a bit like we're all being trolled. In this case, the OP only ever had 7 posts before dropping this gem in here.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:36 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
What really peeves me about every one of these threads is that they are always started by someone "new" to the forum who only had a few posts here before starting a discussion about guns and camping. It feels a bit like we're all being trolled. In this case, the OP only ever had 7 posts before dropping this gem in here.
That may just be because they are also new to RVing, and are wondering what other people are doing. I understand that question, but it's too bad they don't just use a Google search and read the existing threads. Just do a search like this:

firearms site:airforums.com
Old 04-11-2017, 04:13 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Gold Country , California
Quote:
Sorry, this question has nothing at all to do with whether you are traveling in an Airstream or any other SOB camper. It's "camping and guns", a general topic that should be discussed in some other camping and guns forum. It has nothing in particular to do with Airstreaming.

I'm not defending this thread, but just wanted to point out that there are a lot of threads that fit this description of a general camping discussion. I like to come here and find general camping answers. What's the most comfortable camping chair? How do you make coffee in the morning? While not as controversial, I think we have all asked general camping questions on this forum. It's the only camping forum I check
Old 04-11-2017, 04:40 PM   #32
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Matt View Post
I'm not defending this thread, but just wanted to point out that there are a lot of threads that fit this description of a general camping discussion. I like to come here and find general camping answers. What's the most comfortable camping chair? How do you make coffee in the morning? While not as controversial, I think we have all asked general camping questions on this forum. It's the only camping forum I check

You know what, you're right. I guess that per the forum rules, then, guns just fall into a special distracting category. So, before posting in a thread where guns are the topic, read the rules. [emoji851]

Old 04-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2015 30' FB FC Bunk
Ayer , Massachusetts
I think that if some of the opposition embarked on the effort to legally arm themselves for all lawful purposes, they would quickly realize why people start these threads and sympathize with their situation. It is especially complex in terms of traveling in an RV.

In short, there are no right answers is certain situations in certain states. Therefore, these threads will never go away. You are at the mercy of the LEO and their opinion. The federal transport law is a defense. You may still be thrown in jail even after great effort to abide by the law.

So shut the thread down, make your remarks, but understand the second amendment has been infringed, and if you don't agree, your are not fully informed.

I wish there was some place for these folks to get their answers. But there in NOT!
Old 04-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #34
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
No, we don't.

But just a reminder for any Americans hoping to bring a gun to Canada or through Canada to Alaska. The rules and regs are extremely strict. No handguns. Hunting rifles in season are OK, but you'd better declare them. If Americans want their hand-gun while in Alaska, there are commercial brokers and shippers who can handle this for you.

BTW, Canadian national parks have free admission this year, in honour of our 150th birthday.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #35
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Why,why,why? On and on.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:02 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Rocinante, you and Maggie both have said to read the rules. Tony gave a Forum address to see the rules and i did. I got a reply by v message "sorry, no match. Please try some different terms." ?????
mike
Old 04-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
At the bottom of the portal page..."Community Rules".

I did quote the relevant sentence, but good for everyone to read these if they have not.

Maggie
Old 04-11-2017, 05:24 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
There's an iPhone app called CCW that seems informative on the laws for all the states regarding reciprocity, transporting and other important information. I'm sure all you folks who are chiming in with yes know all this, though. The last I looked (today) 37 of the lower 48 states have concealed carry (cc) reciprocity with Texas, for example, with the exception of some of the west coast states and north-east coast states. Apparently Illinois, while not having cc reciprocity, does allow the transportation of concealed handguns if you are legally allowed to possess one under federal laws. There is no preemption laws for AR type rifles in Illinois, so be careful in certain counties there. And some of the states - Alabama for example - appears to have more strict transportation laws for those without a cc license. New York is right out. If you are traveling from an adjoining state to another adjoining state I think you can transport a firearm through New York but you probably have to go to court and prove it in case you are caught with a firearm.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #39
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
rules

Forum rules link is as Maggie says. It's on the bottom of Portal page in blue bar - see contact info and look to the right

Also this link

http://www.airforums.com/forums/misc...ork&page=rules

To find them, go to Airstream forums -
then go to - Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
then go to the sticky - Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics

There is a rules link there as well as the following link -

http://www.airforums.com/forums/misc...ork&page=rules

Pat
Old 04-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #40
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Williamsburg , Virginia
Quote:
You know what, you're right. I guess that per the forum rules, then, guns just fall into a special distracting category. So, before posting in a thread where guns are the topic, read the rules. [emoji851]

I'm sorry to offend, not my attention...this is all new to me and I should've read the posting rules more closely. I pick up my new airstream next week and was planning my first trip...just wanted to know if it was something I needed to be concerned with since I plan on frequent boondocking. Apologies
Closed Thread