Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 07:57 PM   #57
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
You can express yourself as easily as anyone else can.

Someone being right or wrong has nothing to do with whether you get insulted. If that IS the case, my second post should more than make up for the first.

Sorry if I offended you. I LIKE Canada!!

1995 Ford F250 7.3L PowerStroke
Old 07-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Curious, does Canada have laws or principles equivalent to the First and Second Amendments to the U.S. Constitution?

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 07-04-2015, 08:11 PM   #59
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver 67 View Post
We who travel need to know what is going on around us. I think some folks who don't think this or that should be on the forum are those who do not agree with the subject at hand.

The subject I am referring to is carrying guns. When I posted the post you quoted, the thread was trending in that direction. If you wish to get a lot of attention, start a thread about the virtues or evils of carrying firearms. I do not know if my post had anything to do with the fact that that aspect of the subject did not get opened. However I am sure it did no harm.

The some folks in this case are the moderators. my intent was to avoid having the thread deleted.

Nuff said?

Ken
Old 07-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #60
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameront120 View Post
If our gun laws keep the wing-nuts out. I'm all for it.
OBTW, this post could be seen as "incredibly dismissive" and "insulting". (To the incredibly thin-skinned.)
Old 07-04-2015, 08:32 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulnGina View Post
OBTW, this post could be seen as "incredibly dismissive" and "insulting". (To the incredibly thin-skinned.)
I am not sure if I should be insulted or not. Maybe "wing-nuts" means something else in Canadian slang and I do not want to appear as incredibility thin skinned.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 07-04-2015, 08:43 PM   #62
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I am not sure if I should be insulted or not. Maybe "wing-nuts" means something else in Canadian slang and I do not want to appear as incredibility thin skinned.
We're probably not "civilized" enough to figure out when we've been insulted.

(OK, I'm finished.)
Old 07-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #63
Regular Guy

1978 31' Sovereign
Hot Springs , Arkansas
I wish our border crossings were as tight........
Old 07-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #64
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Marietta , Georgia
Its been a long while since school but I believe The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms specifically grants religious freedom like our First Amendment. The biggest difference I recall is their 'fundamental rights' apply to everybody in the country, citizen or not. Ours apply to citizens.

I understand gun possession in Canada is viewed as a "privilege" that is regulated and licensed. However, I could be wrong on both accounts.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:06 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Vancouver , British Columbia
When I started prosecuting in the 70s the only people Canadian Immigration targeted where peolpe in Airstreams, because they brought guns into Canada. We still do not want guns here. Hopefully people respect that. Hopefully our reputation has changed. Hopefully all you visitors can help it change.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #66
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
It may refer to this:

WND - RationalWiki

Or this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=wing+nutz

Remember I didn't write this, I just researched it

Ken
Old 07-04-2015, 09:27 PM   #67
1987 Avion 34W owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
(I'm finding it very difficult staying "finished". LOL!!!!)

I don't care what "label" they try to put on it. The un-"civilized" men and women who started this country were called nuts, insurgents, terrorists, traitors, etc.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:35 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
This is an important thread for Airstream-traveling American gun-owners. And there are a LOT of us! Thankfully.

We are well-educated, well-bred, successful, well-respected, law-abiding Americans who always travel with handguns and shotguns in whatever RV we happen to have. We may wish to visit a target range, do some clays shooting, or (hopefully not) defend ourselves at any given time.

It just makes good sense to be able to properly defend your family and yourself, should the unexpected, unlikely, very dark moment arise. The police, God bless them, just can't be wherever you might happen to be, the MOMENT you need them, to protect you. It's up to you to be able to defend your family and yourself.

Our brilliant Constitution grants us the right to bear arms and defend ourselves. God Bless America and HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, my friends!

We love Canada. And will abide by their laws when going to Canada. I would check my handguns at a nearby USA border gunsmith, get the Canadian permit for a shotgun, and head into Canada with a wonderfully capable shotgun! Works for me.

Those with "attitudes" toward Americans or law-abiding gun owners should check them at the door.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyDog View Post
When I started prosecuting in the 70s the only people Canadian Immigration targeted where peolpe in Airstreams, because they brought guns into Canada. We still do not want guns here. Hopefully people respect that. Hopefully our reputation has changed. Hopefully all you visitors can help it change.
If this is supposed to be joke, ha ha!

If not it is some pretty low life profiling.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:44 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyDog View Post
Yeah... disgraceful profiling of Airstreamers from America. Quite a few RVers in America, Airstream and especially otherwise, travel with firearms. And the overwhelming majority of them are upstanding, respectable, law-abiding citizens!

We Americans in the Southwest might make comments about visitors from the north during winter, but that "wouldn't be prudent".

American gun owners who travel to Canada should familiarize themselves with the legal process for entering Canada with shotguns.