Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #161
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
PharmGeek,

You were wondering how to fill time up... That concern is becoming a memory in your rear view real fast?

Life's good!

Peace
Channing
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #162
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Haha - yep - true - not too long now - couple months

I'm going to order some leveling blocks in a few days - and before I pickup I will likely order a PC orbital sander and supplies for washing Nd sealing trailer....oh And boeshield t-9 for spraying the underbelly.

I'll use paper plates for a bit - have not thought much about that but will make do and accumulate other crap as needed

Still need backup camera for truck and trailer

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #163
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Just a thought… When you go to pick up your unit, take a small roll of masking tape and a pen. If the various switches and such aren't already labeled, as soon as you find out what they're for, label them.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #164
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
That is an excellent idea.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #165
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
Box fans just in case it's a little hot or you have bugs flying around.
I have 2 fans already that I think will do the trick....one is one of the standard white pedestal oscillating fans...the other is a higher quality outdoor fan..tried to find a picture on the net of it...it is about 18 inch I think - caged..but the fan internally oscillates and it is really quite quiet and powerful...use it on patio at home...probably will bring that one alone first and see how it does...keep the skeeters off....I have had cooks pest control treat my yard for the past couple summers...works well when there is not alot of rain...this year alot of rain and this seems to reduce effectiveness...i digress..

Old 08-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #166
Retired USAF (kinda)

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Meridian , Idaho
Oh my gosh, a 29 year old pharmicist can buy a NEW 30' Airstream? As a 30 year airline pilot I obviously chose the wrong career field. How do you guys do this?
av8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #167
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
well, I am actually 30 now so yeah

But my wife and I are both pharmacists...we live in a very modest 3 bedroom home in our area - drive used cars...

But I suppose pharmacists in the scope of things make pretty good money....beats growing up half the time on welfare like I did

I have read that new pilots in the airline industry get shafted...I think I heard that dude that landed on the hudson river talking about it...

Old 08-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #168
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
oh, another VERY important point....I work 8 hours per month EXTRA at a chain retail pharmacy...this USED to be done and I used it as my spending money....mostly in the past 5 years I have used that money to buy photography and fishing stuff (my 2 hobbies otherwise)...when we agreed on the airstream buying new...I agreed to give up this "bit" of extra income and dedicate it toward the Airstream for the next 4 years or so...this does quite a bit in minimizing the budgetary impact....

Why 4 years....we will be out of student debt at that point for the most part..which consititutes just under the equivalence of about 3 mortgages as we had it on an aggressive 10 year track to payoff most of em...

Old 08-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #169
Retired USAF (kinda)

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Meridian , Idaho
av8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #170
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post

Why 4 years....we will be out of student debt at that point for the most part..which consititutes just under the equivalence of about 3 mortgages as we had it on an aggressive 10 year track to payoff most of em...
You should be commended for a great plan to pay off debt. I guarantee that you will sleep better at night with this stress gone!
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
crispyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #171
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
let me tell you what....in 4 years, there will be an EPIC party thrown!!!