Old 06-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #99
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
m.hony...look me up if you will be in gulfport on that day...would welcome another set of eyes to look over the systems with me of course....ill let you know the date when I figure it out...it will likely be a friday pickup though as my wife's schedule has every other weekend as a 3 day weekend.

Just need to get my dad (lives in huntsville) to watch the kids that weekend to allow us to do this all without the children...

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #100
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I may not be completely accurate about what the letters on tires mean, but this it what I have always thought-
LT=light truck?
HT=highway tread?
AT=all terrain?

1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #101
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
My wife and I took delivery on a Friday. We both took a vacation day. The previous trailer I picked up by myself. Wife had to work.
The dealership will have someone do a walk around with you. It will be helpful, but it will be information overload. You will not remember everything they show you. Even owning a trailer before, the Airstream has its own learning curve. The towing experience is amazing, regardless of which hitch you have. This is attributed to the design of the Airstream. I am going to look at the wedding invitation on the refrigerator to see when we are Going to the coast. We may not be coming from home. We may be coming from a rally in Texas.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 06-30-2013, 06:19 AM   #102
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The wedding is Saturday, November 2. We will be traveling to the MS coast from Texas I think.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 06-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #103
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Cool! I'll know more next week.

Another question.

Black tank flush mod....

I've read about a nozzle you can have perhaps installed (not sure if JC will do it) that sprays inside of black tank to clean it out better....thinking about inquiring about this - not sure if this is now a stock item.

Part of me though would just prefer to "keep it simple" and clean it with "traditional methods" - that is with items from inside of trailer - ice....

The mod however seems in principle and per others really nice and makes keeping clean really easy

Thoughts

Old 06-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #104
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
Cool! I'll know more next week.

Another question.

Black tank flush mod....

I've read about a nozzle you can have perhaps installed (not sure if JC will do it) that sprays inside of black tank to clean it out better....thinking about inquiring about this - not sure if this is now a stock item.

Part of me though would just prefer to "keep it simple" and clean it with "traditional methods" - that is with items from inside of trailer - ice....

The mod however seems in principle and per others really nice and makes keeping clean really easy

Thoughts
I believe the No Fuss flush is standard on the newer FC's.

doug k
Old 06-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #105
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
The trailer may already have a black tank flush system installed. Mine does. It is another little section of hose near the city water connection. In the previous trailer I bought a wand/nozzle that is inserted into the toilet to flush the tank. Get the wife trained early to do the job. Try to get your family to poo at the bath house. My wife poos in the trailer. I flush the tank. I once saw a guy sitting in his truck at the dump station while his wife "did the honors".
Also, you will add chemicals to help eliminate poo odor and break down solids. We sometimes won't put tissue in, but there are RV and septic safe TPs available. Sometimes you will put the chemical in the grey water tank as well. Sometimes food particles washed down the kitchen sink can get funky.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 06-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #106
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Oh I imagine the gray water gets "funky" quite often - especially when hot outside!!!

Cool - hopefully the flush system is standard and a back check valve included with the (surely it would be)

Old 06-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #107
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Regarding the walk-thru---if possible, have someone else film the walk-thru. When ours was done, I used my HD digital camera and recorded my husband and the technician. Thinking back, I wish I had been listening along with my husband, while a third party filmed. Also, instead of making one long video, film each feature discussion separately. Our walk-thru videos are loaded on my laptop, and each one has a filename which matches what is being discussed (i.e. awning, battery, etc). Now when we have a question about something, we can watch that particular video without having to find it on a long video. The technician was great about stopping and making sure I was ready before he moved on to another feature.

Unfortunately, I stupidly failed to check my battery power on my digital camera and my battery died just as he started on the inside of the trailer. So I only have videos for the outside.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #108
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Waste water issues are overblown I think. We rarely camp anywhere that has sewer hookup and even though we have the black tank flush system, we rarely get to use it because even at the dump station, there's no facility to connect water to the flush inlet. We haven't, though, had any issues with black or grey tank smells or sensor clogging over three seasons of camping.

We use the "expensive" RV/boat toilet paper (the quantity that my family uses means dissolving stuff is essential) and an enzyme based additive. We dump both tanks regularly and add back some water and additive as soon as is practical, just to make sure that they don't go dry.

We also dump used dishwashing water into the toilet; this adds more liquid to the black tank to deal with the solids, a bit of soap doesn't do any harm either, and it evens out the load between grey and black tanks.

Our biggest issue is that with four people on board we can use our fresh water and fill the tanks quite quickly so, depending on our length of stay at a given campground, we do tend to use the bath house where it's practical to do so.

"You can't tow that with that!"

http://toadsoftowedhaul.com
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #109
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I thought of video recording it - but did not state it because I thought folks would laugh at me and demand I relax

Old 06-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #110
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
I thought of video recording it - but did not state it because I thought folks would laugh at me and demand I relax
LOL! Actually, I got the idea of video recording the walk-thru here on this forum! And even the dealer suggested it as well.

Just curious...what size AS did you decide to purchase? Are you going with the 30'?
Old 06-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #111
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Bunkhouse - only in 30'

Old 06-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #112
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Hey - back to my other question - how much is a good price for JC to put on the LT 16' Michelin tires? I wonder if they will accommodate this for my dealer order?