Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Send a message via AIM to hhendrix Send a message via Yahoo to hhendrix
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
The WBCCI rally, or the Good Sam rally? I'm a member of the WBCCI Unit that hosts the rally (I joined last year, just before Mardi Gras), so if it was the WBCCI rally, I'll bring the issue up in our next meeting.

Can't guarantee it will be better for 2013 and beyond; the funds paid by attendees tend to already be committed in advance to bus transportation to the various parades, rental of the reviewing stands at the parades, rental of the rally space at the UNO Lakefront Arena, and so forth. It's hard to get money back from all of those people if reservations were made for 50 trailers and only 49 show up. It's a different situation than an individual camper reserving a single campsite at an RV park.

But at least I'll be able to see if the event organizers can be more forthcoming about the cancellation policy.
Thanks for the info. Two of us are coming from Oregon to the 2013 Mardi Gras rally. Getting thru the Sierras and Rockies will be tricky for us. We've added some cushion time wise to account getting stuck somewhere due to weather and will probably head south on I-5 to SoCal and then head east. Even still we have to get thru the Siskiyou and Shasta Summits.

The ability to follow instructions is highly underrated.
hhendrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #30
2006 19' International CCD
Denville , New Jersey
I made a reservation at a well known Camp Chain for one night. thirty minutes later I had to cancel, a storm came up, we could not finish our days journey. They would not refund my pay in full for one night deposit, even though they were West of me and had the storm go thru there.

This Summer I was in Bar Harbor, same chain, we left a day early due to bad family news at home, and without a blink, nor did I ask..the lady refunded the balance...I was stunned, I told her I did not expect anything, and she said no worries, save journey....

Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
have you gone through either Camping Life, or Highway magazines? They have a service that deals with these types of disputes. Not only are camping fees addressed, but other services also. Business do not like to get this type of press and will usually negotiate to keep their good name.

Airtandem is online now   Reply With Quote