Old 06-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #85
4 Rivet Member

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We really like our Lafumas. Worth the money in our opinion.

Our first chance to actually "walk" the new Classic won't be until next January at the Florida RV super show. It be then when we decide whether to go with the 2015 or start searching for an older 31.

Mercedes is the kitten in my avatar. She is now 11 years old.

Sent from my HTCONE using Airstream Forums mobile app

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #86
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
salem , Oregon
After seeing the Lafuma Cham'Elips chair at a friends AS camp we decided to get our own. At 6 lb 6 oz they are the lightest you can find. They have a 5 position reclining ergonomic S shaped back. We also got the mini fold up stools to put at our feet when we recline since we are replacing our zero gravity chairs with this combo. Thought we could use the stools in our trailer for last minute seating or to put our feet up. The chairs and the Lafuma PH camp stool are from lots of places but we found the best price at backcountry.com. Also bought a couple storage bags at Camping World. We will miss our zero gravity sometimes but decided to pare down and lighten our load.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #87
Rivet Master

1957 22' Caravanner
1960 26' Overlander
1963 24' Tradewind
El Paso , Texas
I love my ZipDee chairs! I even bought a couple extra to use in the backyard.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptfish View Post
After seeing the Lafuma Cham'Elips chair at a friends AS camp we decided to get our own. At 6 lb 6 oz they are the lightest you can find. They have a 5 position reclining ergonomic S shaped back. We also got the mini fold up stools to put at our feet when we recline since we are replacing our zero gravity chairs with this combo. Thought we could use the stools in our trailer for last minute seating or to put our feet up. The chairs and the Lafuma PH camp stool are from lots of places but we found the best price at backcountry.com. Also bought a couple storage bags at Camping World. We will miss our zero gravity sometimes but decided to pare down and lighten our load.

Oh now this is good feedback as I liked this chair (in theory). - my beach chairs are similar but not ergonomic and this no back support - could you confirm that these do support back pretty well? Looking at them it seems they do

When I lounge in my beach chairs I too find something to prop my feet

This chair is high on my list - any other feedback about this chair appreciated - so little about it on the net

Would you say your cham elipse with stool setup rivals the comfort of the zero gravity? I have the real estate for the zero gravity chairs but not sure I want to pull that trigger IF I can find something ball park as comfy

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:01 PM   #89
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Also sizes? "Standard" vs "one size " for the cham elips?

Old 06-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #90
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I love my Zip Dee chairs, bit no cup holder...
There is no cup holder available- at least not through Zip Dee-
If a cup holder were on it, the chair wouldn't fold up and fit into its little cabinet in the trailer.
I guess I need some other type of chair and a tonneau cover- I like the Coleman ones with the tray on the side. I like those big reclining lounge chairs, too. It is so easy to take a nap in one of those.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #91
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
We have built up quite the collection of chairs over the last few years. Always seems like we try someone else's favorite and wind up getting that chair. Our latest is the folding chair at Costco by Timber Ridge. Has a nice foldout table which is convenient and the chair itself is pretty comfortable.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #92
2 Rivet Member

salem , Oregon
We have only used them once as we just got them. They are definitely ergonomic with a curve built in the back for lumbar support and are very light. I don't think they are a total replacement for the zero gravity chair cuz your feet are not raised up as high, but they are very well made and light and great for a high back chair. We find the zero gravity not as easy to pull up to a table either as are these chairs. Our friend who has them has also bought two of the Lafuma zero gravity chairs and carries all four chairs with him. Our budget only went for the two high back chairs which we thought were multi- purpose.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #93
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
cptfish...I assume you bought the standard size as that is all that the website you mention sells...and these are without a headrest...they also sell an XL model slightly larger (1 inch larger in all respects it seems) that comes with a headrest....but for 25 more bucks that just burned me....how is your chair without the neck support...there is a little foam head neck support on our beach chairs and it makes the world of difference....XL would allow a bit more leeway for heavier folks sitting in it I suppose....but if standard without headrest is great for you maybe I will forgo the headrest and avoid that extra cost if I try out a set of these.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:40 PM   #94
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
I love the look of the ZD chairs, but we really like cup holders. Maybe we are crazy, but we think these are really comfortable. They cost a whopping $16 at target (or a set of 2 for $25).

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1403041127.852847.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	214408
Old 06-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #95
2 Rivet Member

salem , Oregon
No you aren't crazy or else we are too! We have similar chairs to yours with cup holders that we use for river rafting and car camping. I like the other Lafuma chairs for high back support and leaning back for a snooze. I don't know about paying $25 more for the neck support that Pharmageek talked about. We will be breaking in the chairs in two weeks so I'll have a better idea but suspect that no pillow is necessary especially for $25 more! We have multiple chairs as do many of you and these will be our nice ones for AS adventures,
Old 06-17-2014, 06:27 PM   #96
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I love your Ph camp stool idea too - dual function

I'm about to order from amazon and see how I like these chairs - they must pass my "feel comfy through a movie test"

Old 06-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #97
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrum View Post
I love the look of the ZD chairs, but we really like cup holders. Maybe we are crazy, but we think these are really comfortable. They cost a whopping $16 at target (or a set of 2 for $25).

Attachment 214408

I find these comfy for less than 30 min or if I'll be up and down a lot - beyond that my back is bad for getting tense - I have to put pillows behind my back at home or I wake up at night with terrible tightness in my back - my poor posture at work is beginning to take it's toll

Old 06-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #98
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
Little Rock , Arkansas
Right.....I should have mentioned. With three small kids I would consider it a great day to get 30 consecutive minutes in a chair.