Old 06-27-2014, 11:29 PM   #211
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Interestingly - I'm pretty sure the standard size suits my size and contour better - the XL actually is too big

Both are very comfortable but my wife's just is exquisite - very impressive - will swap for her size I'm pretty sure

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:10 AM   #212
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
Interestingly - I'm pretty sure the standard size suits my size and contour better - the XL actually is too big

Both are very comfortable but my wife's just is exquisite - very impressive - will swap for her size I'm pretty sure
Now that you've found the love of your life (chair-wise at least ) would you kindly post a link to Amazon (or wherever) to the specific chair you are keeping so there is no ambiguity! I have frankly lost track of the models.

Thanks,
Bob

Old 06-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #213
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
http://www.backcountry.com/lafuma-fu...335-SEI-ONESIZ

Old 06-28-2014, 06:53 AM   #214
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:

I got a 10% discount off with talking to the rep too on live chat

Old 06-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #215
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I would imagine that the rsx model is essentially the same and I was quoted 144 bucks for that chair - only difference I think is how the mesh fastens

We did the clipper at the time cause it's all I could find in XL on any site

Old 06-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #216
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
I would imagine that the rsx model is essentially the same and I was quoted 144 bucks for that chair - only difference I think is how the mesh fastens

We did the clipper at the time cause it's all I could find in XL on any site
Did you end up getting the XL then? Or just the "One-size?"
Old 06-28-2014, 07:34 AM   #217
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
One of each - one size for wife - XL for me - but fairly sure I'll send back swap XL for one size

Old 06-28-2014, 08:10 AM   #218
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
One of each - one size for wife - XL for me - but fairly sure I'll send back swap XL for one size
You are 6'1" and slim, right? And the "one-size" fits you? Was the XL for "wider types then?"

Thanks for all the clarifications. We are headed out to PEI and Nova Scotia in about three weeks for a six to eight week trip, and I want to get this "right" the first time!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #219
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Camp Chair Mulling

XL is considerably wider and longer

In the XL my feet do not touch the foot rest when back sits full back in position

I am a bit closer to 6 '0" (between 6-0 and 6-1)

Both are comfortable for me but because if the XL being longer - when back scooted back where it should be - my underside of my knees sit a but behind the leg bend if the chair producing a bit if a mismatch and I believe that is why the one size feels better for me

In the one size with my feet fully laid out my shoe heels rest on the top of the foot rest OR if I place feet bottoms on the footrest it only requires slight bend in knees and still is comfortable

I am guessing (and perhaps I'll attempt a measurement later) that the XL would suit those above maybe 6'2 or 6'3 OR who need more width or weight capacity

There is nice give in the mattress giving a softer feel and comfort and support

I suspect these types of chairs to be as comfy as advertised you have to find one the right size and design to match your particular size and weight

Old 06-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #220
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Camp Chair Mulling

Alternatively I I tried last night a small pillow on small of my back in the XL which shifted my legs forward and things matched up and were comfy - but i do not think as nice as the one size for my size

In the one size my head contacts the top metal part of the chair - I. The XL it doesn't and that is better - but that is a very small difference

Old 06-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #221
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
Alternatively I I tried last night a small pillow on small of my back in the XL which shifted my legs forward and things matched up and were comfy - but i do not think as nice as the one size for my size

In the one size my head contacts the top metal part of the chair - I. The XL it doesn't and that is better - but that is a very small difference
I'm 6'2" and weight about 200 so I think I'll go with the XL for me and the one size for the wife.

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #222
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Camp Chair Mulling

Sounds like a plan - honestly I'm still not sure between the two - both are very comfortable and I may like the option to add small back pillow

I think at 6-2 you will be quite safe

Rsx I suspect will be same but would wonder how different it flexes and such

Tell me what you think - backcountry said you can return also but costs 6.99 return label they offer

Old 06-28-2014, 09:46 AM   #223
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
say pharm, i think you should have a rally. the theme of course would be "show us your chair". there could be prizes for best in sm/med/lg/reclining/non-reclining categories :-)
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #224
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Quote:
Sumpin foe scale
Love the Alabaman!

Pharmgeek, my model is just like an RSX. It attaches with elastic cord versus the improved clips. It flexes like a bungee cord, especially in the seat. Think trampoline.

I also found out by looking up my Amazon order history why I paid so much for my Lafuma. It was listed as for sale in the US BUT it was a UK sale. Stupid me.

Quote:
say pharm, i think you should have a rally. the theme of course would be "show us your chair". there could be prizes for best in sm/med/lg/reclining/non-reclining categories :-)
That is a good idea richinny! It would be nice to have reviews and tests of chairs, generators, ac unit noise tests, etc. Get those venders accountable to demo and see their competition! Now that you are the Lafuma rep Monsieur Pharmgeek, get us a discount!