Old 06-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #141
4 Rivet Member

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Camp Chair Mulling

The head rest is adjustable/removable and the chair weighs about 20 pounds.

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:45 PM   #142
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
The diamond whatever it's name link I have is very very comfortable - as I recall my feet hang off just a bit bit all very cushy

The lafuma looks nice - I am annoyed that I cannot try it somewhere

I do recall my feet with the target variety only barely hanging off and thinking it was OK

I may just bite the bullet and order a lafuma - kinda want the one with padding - and seeing how I like it

I've also been thinking (and this idea would not have any aesthetic value much) of trying to get someone to make me cushions or buy some for my tommy Bahama beach reclining chairs making that a very Cush reading chair....but it just sounds like a bad and ugly idea after I think much about it

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #143
3 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Montgomery , Alabama

Montgomery, Alabama

follow the Two Bikes and an Airstream blog at http://airgo.blogspot.com
twobikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:25 PM   #144
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Sold!

Old 06-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #145
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post

I may just bite the bullet and order a lafuma - kinda want the one with padding - and seeing how I like it
Pharmgeek, I'm following your process with great interest as I am in the market for a comfy recliner. We are both about the same height so your choice will influence me. As the "designated guinea pig" please make sure to post your final choice and show pictures!

Old 06-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #146
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Camp Chair Mulling

Pharma geek,
Enjoying the very active camp chair reviews....we bought some very basic fold up chairs at Target after a disappointing purchase from LLBean ( returned two fold up Adirondack chairs) and decided we would not make another camp chair purchase w/o first "sitting" in one....so just returned home after mini weekend "shake down" at state park we tent camped over 35 yrs. ago ( a bit nostalgic) but in our Airstream...well you know...just an awesome experience!

Our Target chair review: chairs weigh in at 7 lbs. each & folded very flat in TV cargo area, firm back support, comfy seat w/o crossbars provided just what we expected & will serve us well for our first of many seasons. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1403486173.935586.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	214724

Will continue to follow the reviews for other potential comfortable chairs until I can convince spouse we really, really need "sky chairs":
http://collapsiblehammockstand.blog....r-319-00.html/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1403486348.242739.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	424.5 KB
ID:	214725  
Old 06-22-2014, 08:37 PM   #147
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I sat in those target foldup chairs...nice quality it seemed to me...fairly comfortable...

This whole process may just lead me back to purchase something like that at a reasonable price and just ditch my notion of “for me very comfortable camp chair”....some seem to have found what works for them...”falling asleep” in their chairs indicates that for some they have found a chair that is very comfortable on their back....

My sitting in the target and the CW varieties made me question if I would be that comfy in them....but ill need to really try...I am going by costco after work tomorrow and picking up one of theirs to try and see how it does in my “sit in it at night while watching a movie test” - if no bueno, I can easily return it...maybe at that point, I will try the lafuma variety...I chatted with “backcountry.com” service folks about buying one and trying it one night indoors and was told that as long as tag was still on it and not damaged I could easily return it...

If that fails, then I think I will just for now get a set of those pico chairs cause I know I want a set now.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #148
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
What do I know?
I can sit for hours on one of those state park concrete picnic table benches...
All I do in my Zip Dee to reduce uncomfortable pressure points is sit with my feet squarely on the ground and slouch a little- makes it feel sorta like a sling chair-
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:17 PM   #149
4 Rivet Member

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Mohnton , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
I sat in those target foldup chairs...nice quality it seemed to me...fairly comfortable...

This whole process may just lead me back to purchase something like that at a reasonable price and just ditch my notion of “for me very comfortable camp chair”....some seem to have found what works for them...”falling asleep” in their chairs indicates that for some they have found a chair that is very comfortable on their back....

My sitting in the target and the CW varieties made me question if I would be that comfy in them....but ill need to really try...I am going by costco after work tomorrow and picking up one of theirs to try and see how it does in my “sit in it at night while watching a movie test” - if no bueno, I can easily return it...maybe at that point, I will try the lafuma variety...I chatted with “backcountry.com” service folks about buying one and trying it one night indoors and was told that as long as tag was still on it and not damaged I could easily return it...

If that fails, then I think I will just for now get a set of those pico chairs cause I know I want a set now.
Huh, I suppose after making the considerable purchase of our first Airstream, not unlike many other long term purchases (building a home, furniture, vehicles, college tuition) some of us prefer to ponder & rather enjoy the deliberate pursuit....and at other times after building our very own flying cloud landing strip, inclusive of tons of stone, tons of base stone & tons of red tibble layer, installing show power. We really ready to fill a tote bag with our swim suit, shorts & sneakers & bring along great "good eats" and great selection of cool adult beverages...and hit the road. We are really tired of buying stuff, chock blocks, camp mats, and the kitchen gear ....all good fun but I really just want to gas up the Tourareg & go.... Oh ...as is Sunday night& for many of us Airstreamers are still working. Must sneak a few forum reviews in while at work so our minds don't really return to earth before our next launch! )
Love my job but really would rather be taking off on an adventure to 6-8 months.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #150
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I mulled for 2 years about the airstream including months about building the concrete pad for it

I have only made a few purchases since then and little mulling was needed - patio mat? CW impulse but - bought largest one they had in that breathable material and got to enjoying it - probably mulled a decent amount about a propane campfire but not too much (we like our fire dancer)

But there is something about the chair topic that has proven difficult and challenging (for me) - but I only mull over something if I enjoy doing so - otherwise I just don't

Otherwise we are camping as much as we are able having a blast with whatever we got

Next trip in planning a possible 3 day weekend near some family I have not seen in years at this point - hungry mother state park in Marion VA in August perhaps - then September we are eyeballing a weekend trip to a core of engineers park near Tuscaloosa for a weekend (deer lick state park I think is the name)

Have no more leave really for the year but will have a 4 day weekend for thanksgiving and will plan something for that weekend

By that time I will no doubt also be enjoying the perfect camping chair as well

Ugh - work tomorrow for me as well - I cannot wait for the day we can just travel for more than a month at a time!!

Old 06-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #151
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Box Elder , South Dakota
After doing quite a bit of sitting around, we decided to take a chance on these:

Caravan Sports Zero Gravity Chair

I ordered ours from Walmart. Shipping was $3. I figured if I didn't like them, I could always return them to the store and would only be out $3. Well, these are not going back to the store! Very comfortable for both of us (me 6'1", 200lbs, SO 5'2", 110lbs). They fold up very easily. I can't report on the long term use yet, but initial tests indicate they will work for us. I see that Walmart is out of stock, Amazon also carries these chairs at a slightly higher price.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:53 AM   #152
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprez View Post
After doing quite a bit of sitting around, we decided to take a chance on these:

Caravan Sports Zero Gravity Chair

I ordered ours from Walmart. Shipping was $3. I figured if I didn't like them, I could always return them to the store and would only be out $3. Well, these are not going back to the store! Very comfortable for both of us (me 6'1", 200lbs, SO 5'2", 110lbs). They fold up very easily. I can't report on the long term use yet, but initial tests indicate they will work for us. I see that Walmart is out of stock, Amazon also carries these chairs at a slightly higher price.
Mrprez, those look pretty good! Please give us a medium/long term update.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:03 AM   #153
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Box Elder , South Dakota
I will. One thing I particularly like is the support for your back. It is totally supported and you don't feel like you are sitting all hunched over. You can adjust the angle and there are brakes that lock you into that position on each side. Very easy to operate. Also, there is a pad that you can place anywhere along the back to use as a headrest or lumbar support. If you sit in the chair and go back to the fully reclined position you will be asleep in no time! It is so comfortable. The boxes these were shipped in looked like they went via Beirut but there was no damage to the chairs at all. To fold them, simply grab the front edge and lift up.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #154
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Intriguing! Can't wait to hear more about these over time - I may try them as well and give them my movie test