Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
Rock Hill , South Carolina
Blues loving Airstreamers

Hi All,

I am joining my husband in his retirement when I graduate from WORK in early spring, 2012.

In the meantime, I'm interested in connecting w/other Airstreamers who are attending blues festivals around the US. Working has really put a damper on our travels but we are testing the waters later this month (Aug 26-28) at BLUESTOCK at Hunter Mountain, NY. The line-up is great.

We plan to be in MS and LA during April 2012 for the Juke Joint Festival in Clarksdale and Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Interested in knowing the best places for camping and seeing additional festivals throughout 2012 and beyond. Dog friendly gets an A+.

What are the best festivals you go to and where are the best camping ones?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00067-2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	137093  
rastapoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1956 22' Safari
Ossining , New York
I may be going to Hunter MOuntain for Bluestock. DO you have any info on the camping setup? Bluestock Music Festival
1956Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
Rock Hill , South Carolina
We don't know a lot. We had first bought an RV pass, no power, water, sewer. Then we saw that the VIP RV camping had power so we are we upgraded to that and I think we are up on the hill overlooking the stage, hill and all the people.
It's all on the website, Bluestock Music Festival or you can call Amber Bower, her phone # is on the site as well. We're going to spend the night at a KOA on TH night, fill the water tanks and head up the mountain.

The lineup is great and we are looking forward to having power. We boondock most of the time. No dogs this time.

Headed to Watkins Glen this weekend for the NASCAR race and this will be our 14th year. Started in a tent, then 2 different pop-ups, then the Airstream. Still no power.

Let us know if you make it.
rastapoodle is offline   Reply With Quote