Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Southwestern Ontario , Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to TRIPPPIN Send a message via Yahoo to TRIPPPIN
Ben Affleck's Panamerica

Has anyone seen Ben Affleck's Panamerica? It would be nice to see some pictures as the movie clips I saw were very interesting. The walls and ceiling were curved and stained wood. He purchased the Airstream Panamerica he used for the new movie "The Accountant" and changed it it to use as his own trailer for use on sets.
TRIPPPIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:06 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1976 29' Ambassador
Fitchburg , Wisconsin
Just saw The Accountant on a sneak preview. Unfortunately most of the trailer shots are in a storage unit so not many external shots until the very end of the movie. Interior shots do show interesting wood covered bedroom walls and ceiling. There was a great shot of a motorcycle in the storage bay.
Dennis
dennis3751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #3

noneofyourbusiness , Oregon
Hey guys,

I'm very interested in the panamerica models and just watched the movie. I grabbed some stills (don't ask me how) and hosted them here:

http://imgur.com/a/5q3Xs

Does anyone know what model he had such that the foot of the bed was facing the hallway and not perpendicular as it appears the 2009 panamerica models are? Is this the 2010?

Also, has anyone seen the small table removed and something else modded in it's place. That's my least favorite part of the panamerica, the couch/table area. would probably be the first thing I mod.
Escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:41 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
A gilt-framed Renoir with an Airstream?

Love it!
Old 01-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #5
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Someone's gotta write the production company and find out what hitch he's using: let's settle this thing once and for all!

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:26 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1998 36' Land Yacht Widebody
Shepherdstown , West Virginia
Instead of a Renoir painting, I thought mine was special with a cork bulletin board in that same spot!!

At least I get more use out of my cork board vs a simple old oil painting!! Haha!
Mike1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:44 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
Metro Detroit Area & Metro Dallas Area , Michigan & Texas
The 2009/2010 Panamerica are the exact same design. The model started in 2009 and, due to lack of sales (price and downturn in the RV economy), Airstream stopped production. Additionally, it's size was off putting to the vast majority of potential owners. You'll notice that there are many that want 30' (or less) length to tow into state and national parks. The movie production company scouted out a privately owned PA in order to build a larger scaled sectional version of the actual PA. The interior is all designed to fit the character's image and luxury tastes; this was all done within the sectional model. Example: The bed was turned to face the hall; not possible in a actual PA. Closet location is only possible if you eliminated the shower area. The major factor in using a PA in the movie was the iconic image and bespoke style borne by Airstreams. They fit the director's vision of this characters varied taste's and need for mobility. The character only needed a few essential to survive and enjoy - privately - in his dangerous line of financial consulting.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Urbanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:55 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Granbury , Texas
I enjoyed the movie...I guess everyone noticed he is pulling that beast Airstream with a F-150!
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:36 PM   #9
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
I enjoyed the movie too. I wanted to see more of that Airstream. The luxury level felt very believable. Really nice resto on it. I wanted to see more of the gun room.

Also, Ben apparently bought the Airstream he liked it so much: http://www.madeinhollywood.tv/youll-...he-accountant/
Old 06-23-2017, 09:55 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
BACKSTORY:

Out of the Blue, The Accountant's production team reached out to Airstream seeking to secure a Panamerica. I'm told they were rebuffed; the factory offered them ANY current in-production model. They weren't willing to yield to the request to gear up to build a one-off Panamerica. However, the movie's director (Gavin O'Connor) was determined to have an iconic escape pod for Christian's off grid home. As Christian states to Dana, "I can be hitched and gone in twelve minutes."

The director set his Transportation Coordinator (Robert Foster, Jr) to finding a privately owned PA. The reason: He needed, no, demanded a REAL unit from which to measure - then build - a scaled up and movable filming model (it was designed to allow for interior cameras, etc.). Plus, the director wanted it for the awesome exit shots!! We know all of this could have been done via CGI; however, his family grew up having Airstreams. He just HAD to have a PA.

I'm unsure which owners were initially contacted; however, Robert Foster, Jr, contacted me through the former owner of my PA. We talked, he flew to TX, took many photo of the PA, talk some more, offers (and counter offers were made), a deal struck, and contract signed. Needless to say - but I must: We were just in awe of the event unfolding around us!

The PA was picked up and taken (by lowboy flatbed) to the set in GA (you see the PA in the on-set garage that housed the real thing. Scene: Anna was told to "wait outside" by Christian - which, as many of you know, she ignored!

Just as in the movie, more twists were to come. Production wrapped and we're waiting for return of the PA. We're ready to get going on our travels! I finally get the expected call from the production transportation people, however, they initiated a soft-probe to determine my interest in selling - not setting a date for returning her. Though never confirming my suspension, clearly someone was interested in acquiring the toy hauler. At every call, the answer was a nice, yet firm, No. This went on for several rounds - until one just could no longer refuse their offer (don't ask, a signed confidentiality agreement exists).

Hollywood folk that are "A-listers" are taken care of very well!!! This experience was like stopping into a convenience store and buying a buck Lottery ticket!

I can confirm Affleck has the Panamerica. I can't say if he actually paid, or if he was gifted by the production companies. No matter: The movie-going public pays the bill.

Funny thing. A few weeks later I found another PA for sale (in excellent condition) in central Texas. Fair price; but I passed on it. I was able to connect the seller with a buyer in Canada ACHING for a PA; now there are at least two PA's north of the border. As those of you that have knowledge of the PA may be aware, only 18 units were ever built for sale to the public. I'd buy another, however, the wife wants to live in a rolling home (Class A Tiffin) with a basement.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:04 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Santa Monica , California
What would you like to know about it? It's parked about 3 spaces from our Airstream in a SoCal storage unit.
rjbrown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 12:43 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

1952 15' Cruisette
1967 20' Globetrotter
2010 19' International
La Cañada Flintridge , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbrown99 View Post
What would you like to know about it? It's parked about 3 spaces from our Airstream in a SoCal storage unit.
I think that is the same place I have two of mine stored. 😀
kellykellyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:03 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
2011 19' Flying Cloud
ADA County , Idaho
Urbanologist, thanks for that story. I really enjoyed it.
sncnidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:23 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2008 22' Safari
My pleasure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sncnidaho View Post
Urbanologist, thanks for that story. I really enjoyed it.
I'm glad that I could close the information gap around the acquisition of the Panamerica seen in 'The Accountant' staring Ben Affleck (2016).

I do hope they make at least another installment to this story following the reunion of the brothers as crime fighters.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #15
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
me too

I hope they make a sequel too, I usually can't stand Affleck, but when he drops all the twaddle and just makes a fun movie I'll watch it, a fun movie is a fun movie...

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:50 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
It's funny, but people with money and fame don't often pay for their stuff.
I've seen it. Folks who are famous have vendors giving them stuff for free as advertising.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:36 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
SANTA BARBARA , CA
This is a fun thread! Have enjoyed reading this story from a first-hander. Thanks!
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:40 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1967 17' Caravel
1979 28' Airstream Excella 28
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
The Affleck Pan America unit has been rebuilt from its appearance in The Accountant. It is now his personal business trailer. The garage has been transformed into his hair and makeup studio, the center section is a meet & greet area, and the forward end has been transformed into a digital editing suite.

The hitch is a ProPride.
Brett - TTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
I am at Jackson Center getting my Serenity 28 serviced and saw a very nice Panamerica
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 09:06 PM   #20

Currently Looking...
Santa Clarita , California
Exclamation Looking to purchse a Panamerica

Hey all Looking for a Pan America to purchase. Very serious!!! Any Idea where on maybe? I dont car about the gutts just exterior. Please help!!!!
Seansair24 is offline   Reply With Quote