Old 10-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Bradenton and Saluda , Florida & North Carolina
Cameron, I find that the spartan interior of the AS helps me to focus, less distraction - more art!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
My two Labradors provide plenty of distraction! I get most of my work done while they're sleeping.

cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:45 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
reno , NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbambi View Post
So, OK Funkill - get those paints and canvas out of the closet. I was in the computer industry for 20 years and totally ignored my artistic side entirely. It has taken me 8 years to get back in the game again. In the 70s I painted and restored ancient and several original Tiffany windows. Moved to California in the early 80s and got into the computer industry. It is amazing how easy it was to let it all go, push it way down. Made a great living, raised kids, then moved to the East. Once I made the decision to bring the art back, it all started to click back into place. It hasn't been easy, but just taking that first step was monumental. Built a house, remodeled a house, and finally decided I had to stop creating projects to keep me from going from the "house" decorating arts to the true arts that I loved so long ago.

So, now it's your turn. If we got a rally together - who out there would like to attend?
That's so true!

I would consider a rally ---- locally though ---- until I get my axles replaced, I'm staying close to home!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:41 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkill View Post
That's so true!

I would consider a rally ---- locally though ---- until I get my axles replaced, I'm staying close to home!
I can only go to a rally if it's in my back yard. I don't have a tow vehicle
Old 10-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Artists

Great ideas! I am going to find space for my sketching supplies in my camper.It sounds like we have all put our creative talents away for our careers and raising families. If you have an artist's rally, maybe drawing lessons could be offered or oil painting demonstations.Is there any one who does caricatures or chaulk drawings? I have been taking my guitar to practice while camping, but I am always afraid I may be disturbing the neighbors. Thanks for suggesting this quiet and relaxing idea. I am excited to go find all my art supplies.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:41 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Roseville , California
Jane Kiskaddon owns a Bambi, paints in the Bambi, and features the Bambi in some of her pieces. Several NorCal unit members have bought her paintings featuring their rigs.

As they say, check-it-out.
WBCCI #3580 - Region 12 NorCal
AIR #8752
Roseville, CA
cammur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #21
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
One more lady who works in her AS. She used to auction on e-bay (where I found & purchased one of her works), but I guess now she is just on her own website. They are quite unique!

Airstream Art Studio - Welcome Aboard!

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:11 PM   #22
bilby05

1962 24' Tradewind
1962 24' Tradewind
Canyon , Texas
Artists in Airstream

I, just this summer, retired from 26 years of Art teaching and dream of getting on the road in our Airstream, to paint and visit the places where art is happening. Unfortunately fuel prices and stockmarket trends have slowed me down. Places like Santa Fe, Taos, etc. are the kind of destinations I have in mind. My retirement funds are about 50% in the stock market. What was 50% is now much less :-(. I would be interested in communicating with other artists about the traveling studio, or remote Airstream studio concept. I am going to try to do it in the Spring.
cheers, bill b.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
ncbambi - yesterday totaled 2008 AS

You don't know how wonderful it was to log onto the forum and see all the positive responses to artists in airstreams. Yesterday, sad to report that the "bambi" was rolled on the I-26 going from NC to FL. Just a fluke accident, and thank God that no one was hurt, but the bambi is gone, and seeing it laying on the freeway was very sureal.

So all you artists, I need all the positive energy out there to help make this rally a reality now more than ever. I would like to possibly make the rallies regional, so that everyone would have a chance to attend in different areas. I also teach classes, and think it would be a great idea to make this a real learning, sharing experience.

We are in the throws of working with the insurance company, and had to leave bambi in SC. Moving all the contents out in the shortest time possible, was a test of both of us. We are looking forward to getting a new "baby" - since we only had this new AS only 2 months. Since I am relatively new at this, how do we go about organizing a rally? Any suggestions, comments, etc. would greatly be appreciated.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
So sorry to hear about your Bambi and thankful that nobody was hurt. Stuff can always be replaced, people not so much.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:42 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Artist Rally

Sorry to hear you rolled your Bambi but I am glad to hear everyone is fine.To help you get your mind on other things; when you plan the rally consider asking if the camping facility will allow vendors to set up. Also is there adequate parking for the public to be able to come and view the artist's works.Consider State Fairgrounds that have camping facilities.Have fun planning the Artist's Rally.My son is in Pharmacy School in Buies Creek NC, the route you had your accident on sounds familiar.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbambi View Post
You don't know how wonderful it was to log onto the forum and see all the positive responses to artists in airstreams. Yesterday, sad to report that the "bambi" was rolled on the I-26 going from NC to FL. Just a fluke accident, and thank God that no one was hurt, but the bambi is gone, and seeing it laying on the freeway was very sureal.

So all you artists, I need all the positive energy out there to help make this rally a reality now more than ever. I would like to possibly make the rallies regional, so that everyone would have a chance to attend in different areas. I also teach classes, and think it would be a great idea to make this a real learning, sharing experience.

We are in the throws of working with the insurance company, and had to leave bambi in SC. Moving all the contents out in the shortest time possible, was a test of both of us. We are looking forward to getting a new "baby" - since we only had this new AS only 2 months. Since I am relatively new at this, how do we go about organizing a rally? Any suggestions, comments, etc. would greatly be appreciated.
So sorry to hear about your trailer......let us know how things turn out and I will keep an eye on this thread.
gary
Old 11-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #27
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Smile As rally

NCB,

Sorry to hear of your loss

As for starting a rally:

Start a new thread.
Suggest a location and date.
See if there is any interest.

The forum has Rally tools to help make starting one a bit easier. Check to rally pages to see how others have set it up.

Best to ya,
Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Finally back in FL

Hi all, thanks for the input on starting a rally, etc. Now that I am back in FL I have to concentrate on getting a new Safari, and dealing with the insurance company.

Please keep in touch on this thread, I don't want it to loose momentum - Artists unite!