Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #1

Worthington , Ohio
Albuquerque balloon festival

Hi I am a new Airstream owner. And was wondering does anyone know when can i register to go for this festival with the airstream group? Thanks
flobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
There will be a coupon in the next Blue Beret or watch this forum in late Feb
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
I saw an email indicating 4 Corners Unit will not be supporting the Balloon Fiesta Rally. Any chance the rally could become an Air Forums rally? I realize the reservations, payment, and other details could be a little problematic without the WBCCI 4CU support but I think it would be fun as an Air Forums rally. I think a local (AZ/NM) person could work out the details with the Fiesta organizers to pull off something. It would be a shame to see the gathering of Airstreamers fall by the wayside.

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Balloon Fiesta Rally 2014

The BF rally was Ken J's from the jump. I don't see any problem with Ken continuing the rally with no interruption. Airstream owners, both WBCCI and non members have been participants all along.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5284.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	203826  
Old 01-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Yes - you are absolutely correct - this is a National event that will go on as planned.

Look for formal announcement soon!

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
1948 22' Liner
1963 22' Safari
Oakland , Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to MsRivet
Phewwwww!!! I nearly went into a panic. I so knew it couldn't be so. Counting down the days . . .
MsRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Yes - you are absolutely correct - this is a National event that will go on as planned.

Look for formal announcement soon!

Ken J.
That's good news! So... what was the email all about? Is there some bureaucratic/political wrangling behind the scenes?

I apologize if my post above gave anyone heart palpitations.
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
Old 01-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
hi from AZ. . . The matter of the 4CU of WBCCI not supporting the Balloon Fiesta Airstream group is an internal matter among 4CU members. It is not (imo) political/bureaucratic 'wrangling'. I'm also sure that Ken J will continue to handle the ABQ Balloon rally in stellar fashion as he has before, just not under the auspices of 4CU. I still plan to attend. Regards, Craig
Old 01-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinManGa
hi from AZ. . . The matter of the 4CU of WBCCI not supporting the Balloon Fiesta Airstream group is an internal matter among 4CU members. It is not (imo) political/bureaucratic 'wrangling'. I'm also sure that Ken J will continue to handle the ABQ Balloon rally in stellar fashion as he has before, just not under the auspices of 4CU. I still plan to attend. Regards, Craig
Thank you ! I promise to - but.... Wait a second - it gets better and better each year !!!!!
Rally
restoration rally
Old 01-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
We attended the balloon fiesta this past year, and for anyone sitting on the fence trying to decide to go or not - go! This event WILDLY exceeded our expectations!
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #11
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinManGa View Post
In retrospect the email does not say the rally will not be held. But the email makes no attempt to say the rally will be continued. Most people seeing the email would think the rally was disbanded. In fact, somebody sent the email to me lamenting the demise of the rally. Call it what you want but that sounds like political/bureaucratic wrangling to me. Why else would somebody make statements indicating 4CU will not sponsor the rally and go on to list several issues necessitating why 4CU is dropping the rally without any suggestion that the rally will still be held under other sponsorship? I'm sure there are many things I don't understand about the email and all the people involved. I'm pleased to see the rally will go on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken J View Post
Thank you ! I promise to - but.... Wait a second - it gets better and better each year !!!!!
I'm sure it will be fun. Even though we did not attend the rally last year we did attend the Fiesta. The Airstream group has a great location adjacent to the balloon field and other activities. Anyone hoping to attend should turn in their registration quickly. I know from experience - the rally fills up fast.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
I respectfully request that we not discuss this here. Please....

The Balloon Fiesta Rally is a National Event Rally endorsed and approved by the WBCCI and as such we are required to report the event to the IBT, which we have done.

So please again, I respectfully ask that we keep the discussion limited to Balloons and a great time!!

Frankly the reason we don't have a thread up on this yet is we gave FCU members first dibs via advance notice, then WBCCI members and then non members - this event does sell out quickly, in fact it is over 50% sold out at this time - we will have spots available for non WBCCI members soon so watch for the 2014 Balloon Fiesta Thread coming to your neighborhood computer soon !!!

We work hard to accomodate everyone who wants to join us - when we fill, we have a waiting list - we usually get a fair number (after all with 200 units a percentage will have something beyond their control) who for one reason or another have to cancel - so even if your on the waiting list, there is a reasonable chance you will get in.

Why do we do all of this? I can't tell you the satisfaction, I for one get when I see the sparkle in the eyes of the 9-90 year olds when they are standing next to 500+ balloons as they take off in to the sky - oh yeah, I think the balloons are spectacular as well.

Ken J.
Rally
restoration rally
Old 01-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
The 2013 Balloon Festival was only our third "camping" trip and first major rally. We had a great time meeting new people and watching the balloons.

We got to see the insides of lots of trailers and even got pointers we implemented in our new trailer which is languishing in the penalty box at Jackson Center for a lack of a few small parts. But we should have it by then.

We signed up for another go this October and hopefully will get to meet some more great folks as we learn how to operate the new trailer.

This event went off like clock work and we were really impressed with everything that happened and the organization. Great job by the organizers to make this fun and safe for the participants.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Mountainair , New Mexico
Balloon fiesta second try

Ken J, last year just days before the Fiesta we had to cancel, fees paid and all. My wife's dad had a medical emergency and she flew back to North Carolina and I pulled the AS back a few days later. We didn't get back home to New Mexico until mid January. Fortunately Dad is doing much better.
Is there a list for the 2014 Fiesta and if so can we get on it? We really want to go and would hate to miss out again.
sk8r29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:13 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
This is an event not to miss..
Well run, great location, wonderful folks and lets not forget the fabulous breathtaking balloon show.
Great job by Ken who makes every one welcomed !
Old 03-10-2014, 09:01 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari SS SE
Hico , Texas
Any posting for this years ballon fiesta rally yet?

Philip & Luci
Lazy Dude Ranch
Hico Texas
pdvasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Arlington , Virginia
I am also interested in knowing if there are any open slots...looking forward to hearing an update.
Wishing is offline   Reply With Quote