Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
2022 Atlas
Homosassa , Florida
Goodness, I thought No Trespassing is just a simple message and would absolutely think nothing of it if I saw it in someone's window. I guess a "I don't call 911" sign would really set folks off.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkat View Post
Well, I would like to think I am not a stalker. My guess is he is not a forum guy and I do not have numbers..maybe this yr and he does not either.

He is a smoker..sitting by the table today because it is warmer but not yesterday. Just cracking the door to smoke..does that qualify as smoke free trailer?
Now we really know the truth. He is a smoker, so he is an evil person. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
my , house
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkat View Post
Attachment 233707
Would you introduce yourself to this guy? It was a little scary taking this pic thinking he might be looking out those dark windows.
I think I saw this same trailer at Lake Seminole Feb 28. 27 FB International if I remember right.

Spoke to the owner, he was very friendly. His dog was a rescue that had been mistreated. The dog was not so friendly. The longer we talked the more agitated the dog became. He was held on a lead.

We got the impression the sign was a warning about the dog.

May not be the same trailer, but it was the same sign in the same location on the trailer.
bwpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
New Orleans , Louisiana
So good to hear. Love rescues and he was at Lake Seminole. Thanks!
badkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:04 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
You might be surprised how bold some people will be when they think you're not around.

We stopped at a campground once. They kids and I left for the day in our car. My husband stayed in the trailer because it was a work day. He said someone came and looked in several of the trailer windows. They even looked in a window right beside him. He is pretty sure they never saw him.

Maybe a sign like this would have been a deterrent for this kind of behavior? But then again, I'm not sure if a sign would prevented this peeper who clearly thought we were away....
Old 03-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
I didn't read all the background to this thread as my internet connection at the trailer is spotty at present (at LYH in Melbourne)

My impression is that by far the majority of ALL RV'rs are very friendly folk.

I have a suspicion though that some people feel AS owners in general may be a bit snooty, but we who have them know better - at least we certainly try not to be that way to avoid the perception!!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1999 28' Excella
New Orleans , Louisiana
This has been very good news. Taking care of a rescue Pitbull is a wonderful thing. We have not seen anyone glaring in windows but have had them walk right by the windows walking dogs and cats. Once had someone key our AS all the way around..even thru the vent covers. Guess just bad luck of parking next to him. Still love our life and can roll on if we do not like our neighbors or the weather. Love our AS!
badkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #48
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Doggies

I had an Airstream and liked it very much, though it needed more TLC than I could afford to give it at the time (as in a full frame off....). I have an Avion now, so don't throw rocks....

But on the dog thing, we rescued a Bierer Yorkie (sp?) about five days after our other Yorkie died, that we'd had for almost 17 years. The new little guy had a bald spot on his back where something had rubbed him and burnt off the hair folicles. He was very skittish at first, and would snap at just about anybody that he wasn't used to on a daily basis. We've had him for about a year and a half now. That trait is just about gone. They say it takes two years to get the "wild" out of a dog that's been abused. The lady that rescued Rooney said that he had been beaten.

Now, it's hard for me to understand who in the world would beat a 7 pound dog, much less scrape hair off his hide. The little dude loves me and my family to death. He is super protective of us and will bark like a fiend at strangers who come to the house. He has a foot fetish where if someones' feet get too close to his face, he'll snap them. I figure he's been kicked a lot. But again, who in the world would kick around a puppy? He was probably 3lbs when they did this?

Ah well, little guy has a good home now. We took him on a two week trip to FL last summer in the Silver Twinkie. He's been to Fort Wilderness, Cape Canaveral, and St. Augustine, as well as spending the night in SC on the way down and NC on the way back. As for "my" house....it's "his" house now and I just live there

Anyway, maybe this Marine is just trying to keep folks away from a dog that is a bit "edgy" from the bad treatment he got in a previous life. That's cool.

I had a dude beat on the door one time who had a giant Class A behind me. He said "Sonny, your trailer looks very nice...except it blinds me when the sun hits that one corner!" I took that as a compliment

Cheers,
Old 03-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #49
Rivet Master

I want to disagree with all of ya'll

The guy or gal might be just a bit lazy and didn't take the sign down. I was tempted to put a sign in mine when it's in my driveway. Strangers have walked up to it to see if they wanted to buy it.

I leave it unlocked so they don't break the lock. I know people have been in it.
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #50
Rivet Master

2007 25' International CCD FB
Northridge , California
I have to put out my DO NOT DISTURB signs to get a nap! Im exhausted trying to keep up with all my Airstream friends!
LilNomad
LiLNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
must be a liability issue, on account of his skittish terrier

I knew there was a legit reason... I've never met an unfriendly Airstreamer