Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 09:41 PM   #15
Avion Owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
No telling what problem he was trying to solve.... Maybe he was tired of taking his Airstream in for warranty service and wanted to take a stab at fixing it himself. He was probably happy to have a trailer to compare with. Maybe trying to see what something looked like before it broke, shook loose, or fell off?

His big mistake was not thinking it through......

Geez.... cut him some slack!

Old 09-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #16
Avion Owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny16 View Post
Sorry for offering an alternative. I generally like to give people the Benifit of the doubt. Such a sad day for airstream owners.
I'm with YOU!

Old 09-12-2016, 10:05 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
Generalizing from this single event to convicting Airstreamers of arrogance seems like a real reach to me.

John
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
Old 09-13-2016, 12:55 AM   #18
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Vicki View Post
Generalizing from this single event to convicting Airstreamers of arrogance seems like a real reach to me.

John
Agreed.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:10 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
This rant is crocodile-tears. At a dealership, all customers have the right to inspect/peruse the merchandise.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:23 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
Common courtesy says don't start looking at a trailer that a salesman is showing to another customer. Give him time to finish and then ask to see it. Put yourself in the position of the other customer, how rude can you get to intrude?
Old 09-13-2016, 05:38 AM   #21
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
This rant is crocodile-tears. At a dealership, all customers have the right to inspect/peruse the merchandise.
THEY MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO TOUCH ANY OTHER PERSON'S PERSONAL PROPERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was standing next to the trailer, in my company issued uniform, with both of the new owners standing next to me, while I explained how to deploy their awnings. The large blue "SOLD" sign, as well as the license plate on the back, must also have been invisible.

"Crocodile-Tears"? Really?
Next time I see you at a campground, I'm going to walk up to your RV, and start rifling through it, remind you of this conversation, and see what you have to say then.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:44 AM   #22
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Looks like this ruffled a few feathers.

GOOD.

This is not the first time, it is not overreacting, and I have stood in the office at a campground and listened to Airstream owners demanding something because they felt they were owed something because of the brand of trailer they own. I have been at other RV dealers that refuse to touch an Airstream, because the Airstreamers have such a rotten reputation of demanding unreasonable services just because of the brand of trailer they own. Such as, demanding their entire trailer be washed and waxed because a technician left three dirty fingerprints on the exterior.
There are many more examples of these incidents I could list, but I have to leave for work.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt...
Old 09-13-2016, 05:45 AM   #23
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Vicki View Post

John
It is not a single instance, just the latest instance. And not all, or even close to all, at a dealership, where people seem to be expected to act like complete asshats.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:49 AM   #24
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
Good response. I had a similar thing happen to me although it wasn't on a dealers lot. I had my BMW mc parked outside a cafe where I could see it. Two men came up and started to look at the bike, not unusual, but one started to bang the windshield with a rolled up newspaper every time he spoke. I ran out to stop him. His response was its okay I own the same bike. So I asked him if he bangs the ws on his bike and if he did could I go and hit it like he's hitting mine. He stopped and walked away without saying anything more. Some people just don't think!
Old 09-13-2016, 05:52 AM   #25
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Nowhere , Somewhere
Some seem to think display trailers are there to treat roughly, slamming drawers, pulling on doors, generally misusing the vehicle to check its toughness. Then someone eventually buys this trailer with the hidden damage and comes on the forums to complain. Sometimes the enemy is us, no AS.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:55 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
The surprise to me is that anyone seems surprised. We have all seen this kind of entitled behavior our entire lives at stores, around cars, boats, RV's, in parking lots, at restaurants, etc. I have seen it even worse in Europe as a nationality thing, Americans, French, Germans, does not seem to matter.
I go for what makes me feel good at the time, usually a pithy remark, which no doubt has zero effect.
Larry
Old 09-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #27
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbrodsky View Post
The surprise to me is that anyone seems surprised. We have all seen this kind of entitled behavior our entire lives at stores, around cars, boats, RV's, in parking lots, at restaurants, etc. I have seen it even worse in Europe as a nationality thing, Americans, French, Germans, does not seem to matter.
I go for what makes me feel good at the time, usually a pithy remark, which no doubt has zero effect.
Larry
We as a group should strive to do better, and be a good example. Not an embarrassment.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:31 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
"Airstreamer Arrogance"

Title seems a bit unfair to me. After five years of hanging out around other Airstream owners they come across as some of the friendliest most inclusive people I have ever associated with. Personally I am very proud of my Airstream ownership but certainly do not think I cross the line to arrogance.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Closed Thread