Old 07-27-2015, 11:16 PM   #113
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Guess I should provide some updates here. We were able to have Airstream make a 2016 30' Intl. Serenity with the "Recliner Option" layout for us... but without the "factory" recliners. We have a pair of recliners (Best Furniture "Picot" swivel/rocker/recliners in leather) that we have used in our 44' Diesel pusher motor coach that offer supreme comfort, rock, swivel 360 degrees, and recline to bed-like comfort. We bought a new pair of them to put in the coach, ourselves, upon delivery. And they fit the coach like they were made for it.

The swivel feature makes them great to swing around to look out windows in any direction.

They are very well made (all-USA made) moderately heavy, and we have found that when tucked into the corners of the coach, they don't move AT ALL during travel.

We brought the new coach home today.... very exciting!

Old 07-28-2015, 03:13 PM   #114
2 Rivet Member

Peoria , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
Guess I should provide some updates here. We were able to have Airstream make a 2016 30' Intl. Serenity with the "Recliner Option" layout for us... but without the "factory" recliners. We have a pair of recliners (Best Furniture "Picot" swivel/rocker/recliners in leather) that we have used in our 44' Diesel pusher motor coach that offer supreme comfort, rock, swivel 360 degrees, and recline to bed-like comfort. We bought a new pair of them to put in the coach, ourselves, upon delivery. And they fit the coach like they were made for it.

The swivel feature makes them great to swing around to look out windows in any direction.

They are very well made (all-USA made) moderately heavy, and we have found that when tucked into the corners of the coach, they don't move AT ALL during travel.

We brought the new coach home today.... very exciting!

Very nice setup similar to what we would like to have, probably in a 16 or 17 model. Thanks for sharing these pics which are very helpful. Now I'm wondering if there is a way to have this layout in a 28 without all the stuff they put under the L part of the sofa. Now this would be nice although it's hard to pass up the bathroom window you get in the 30.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:53 PM   #115
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb7our View Post
Very nice setup similar to what we would like to have, probably in a 16 or 17 model. Thanks for sharing these pics which are very helpful. Now I'm wondering if there is a way to have this layout in a 28 without all the stuff they put under the L part of the sofa. Now this would be nice although it's hard to pass up the bathroom window you get in the 30.
kb7our... The benefits of the 30 RB over the 28 RB were significant enough to us to offset having 2' additional length to tow and park. Larger bathroom, larger hall closet, more kitchen counter space, slide out pantry.

We wanted the dinette, in addition to the recliners, because we find a lot of use for counter and table space and sometimes I like to sit at a table to work on certain projects. We didn't really need BOTH seats at the dinette, however, and wanted a nice open space for our 100# Golden Lab, so I removed the front dinette seat (easy to do... just a few screws) and turned the subwoofer to be against the roadside wall. This cleared a huge amount of floorspace and opened things up even more, without having to give up having the dinette. This works perfectly for our needs as our dear Golden Lab has an awesome spot, out of the way, for his cushy bed and feeding station. We have no need for any sleep spaces other than our Queen bed, so we lost nothing with these mods.

As for the electronics that are normally placed under the L-shaped sofa, Jackson Center located them inside the center console that is between the two recliners.

We usually eat in the recliners, but if desired, there's room for us both to eat at the dinette - side by side.

We love the lack of cabinets over the dinette. It gives the coach a much more open, spacious feel and lets in even more light to the very light and bright interior.

For an RV without slides, this configuration gives us all the floor space that we need with great seating and reclining comfort and, with the new mattress we just installed, great sleeping comfort indeed.

We are coming from a pretty luxurious and well-appointed 44' diesel-pusher Class A motor coach, but with the Airstream so-configured, we're not really missing much by downsizing to the trailer.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:24 AM   #116
2 Rivet Member

Peoria , Arizona
Thanks, DHart! Another very helpful post and wow....that extra space without the bench is great for a large dog so I get that from also having a Golden although she only lasted 8 years. If needed, a chair could easily be added to that side. Looks great with the recliners. We're getting closer to a decision, coming off a 32' Dolphin with 2 slides we just loved for 8 years.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:56 AM   #117
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Garden Valley , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post

This is the maker that the mother ship installed in our 30' Classic w/slide. The only issue is the fold up table isn't usable as it hits the curb side recliner. I have a wood working friend that is looking at adding 2-3 hinges that might make it work.
2002 Airstream Classic 30' w/SO #2074
2007 Kubota 900 RTV
1996 Ford Bronco
2007 Lincoln LT
pappy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #118
1 Rivet Member

2008 28' Classic
Grapevine , Texas
I have a 2016 AS Classic and m very disappointed with the recliner couch. Where would I get the conversion done to get just recliners?
Old 04-03-2017, 11:03 AM   #119
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilly3217 View Post
I have a 2016 AS Classic and m very disappointed with the recliner couch. Where would I get the conversion done to get just recliners?
I'm curious, why are you disappointed in the recliner couch on your 2016 Classic?
ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch
WBCCI #7878
time2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:05 PM   #120
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilly3217 View Post

Do it yourself. I've done it on three Airstreams, and several RVs including a Newmar Motorhome. Not hard at all. Buy the "zero clearance" recliners and thereby save some leg room in the front. I'd love to do it on our 2017 Classic, but wife is tired of modifications on RVs, so I live with it.
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:21 AM   #121
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
GILBERT , Arizona
I change ours to recliners, order the same as AS was using.
2013 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
dames7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:16 AM   #122
3 Rivet Member

2016 28' Pendleton
East central , Illinois
Has anyone done a recliner conversion on and Eddie Bauer 27 ft? We have the Pendelton and are not happy with the bench seating discomfort. Will try upgrading the cushions at a local Upolstery place as an alternative. Would like at least one recliner and not to block the hatch.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #123
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
This summer while staying in Coeur d'Alene my original 93 swivel chair broke. I found a real leather recliner at a chain store called Fred Myer. Small footprint, reclines, swivels and rocks. On sale for $300.