Old 05-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff1 View Post
Local store didn't have these on display. Said we could not get swivel with wall-hugger. Are yours wall-huggers?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
sheriff... I don't think our recliners are considered to be "wall huggers". If we anticipate the need for full-horizontal reclining, we're fine with moving them a bit out from the wall for that; it's easy to do... and a small effort to make given that the recliners have rocker capability, 360 degree-swivel capability, and they recline to near horizontal.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari
Tyler , Texas
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
Mine came apart in nice storable parts. Next owner might want to put it back in.
Guess I'll break it down, box and seal it well then store it in the barn!

Old 05-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #59
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Asheville , North Carolina
Wow ckottum that's really nice, to bad I have the FB
Old 05-01-2015, 10:31 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Oakville , Ontario
I'm sure the factory install recliners are very comfortable, but they always looked "strange" somehow to me. Like the trailer is going to drive off.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #61
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckottum View Post
Your 25' Rear Bed model is the only current mid-size Airstream than leaves the front and the sides of your Airstream open for a simple conversion when the bench seats and table are removed.

We had our conversion done at Jackson Center Airstream Service Center. Two recliners, folding side table, center console with electrical outlet, all from Airstream 30' Recliner Model production line, plus custom built storage cabinet over the converter/charger and a small cabinet to cover front electrical relays, something less than two days labor and Flying Cloud cabinet sheet stock, hinges, pulls, latches etc to match our interior run us about $4,000.

Here's some in-process photos I took.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/398600...7637145551816/

cheryl
Beautiful job, Cheryl... I'm sure you're loving the comfort and versatilty (turning around to see out the front of the coach!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:36 AM   #62
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
West Dummerston , Vermont
Here is our setup..... We purchased the recliners at Camping World for around $300 Each. The Storage Cabinet cost us also in the area of $300.
2008 Triton TR186
ricks-vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:41 AM   #63
4 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
GILBERT , Arizona
Thanks for the pictures, This is what I want to do, Questions:
How did you pick this place in Ohio to do the work, I live in AZ and the Airstream here does not do this conversion.

How much notice did they need to do the job? and did they get the chairs and cabinets for you?
Old 05-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #64
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by dames7 View Post
Thanks for the pictures, This is what I want to do, Questions:
How did you pick this place in Ohio to do the work, I live in AZ and the Airstream here does not do this conversion.

How much notice did they need to do the job? and did they get the chairs and cabinets for you?
On the Jackson Center conversion, this is the Airstream factory Service Center, right next door to the factory. We picked them because they have everything needed right at hand and the experience to do it right. We made the appointment several months ahead, and they had the components ready from the factory when we arrived. Except the custom storage cabinet over the converter, which they made while there. We pulled all the original seating and table out before leaving home, an easy two hour job with a screwdriver.

We worked it into a trip to the east coast, along with a few other maintenance items. They were done with it all in two days, provided fee camping, and pulled our Airstream out each evening for us to use.

This past year we added drawers from Amazon to the storage cabinet to make it work better for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2531.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	237600  
Old 05-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
After reading these posts i am now interested in putting in recliners in lieu of the seats that came with our AS. As it is a 2012 25' FC with the bedroom in the rear. If based on the photos I have seen in this thread the best I would be able to do is add one recliner on the door side. Am I correct and who would do this type of work? Would I need to go to Jackson to get it done

I made a mistake it is 2012 25' FC front bedroom so is it possible to add at least one recliner?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice&Billis View Post
I really enjoyed this conversation...now for an opinion. What would you do with the old unwanted couch? Store it, sell it, trash it? Alice seems to have this idea that some man and woman with a child in the future may want this coach and will need the couch as a place for the kid(s) to sleep. I don't think that many young couples with one child would want a 25 ft Airstream. Like many of us who are Airstream owners of the 25 foot models, who have made modifications and conversions and know they are sized perfectly for two adults with a place to sleep and a place to rest. The stock mattresses, which are another entire chapter were sold and discarded three years ago with custom foam corner contour mattresses.
Alice and Bill:

I've done this conversion on two different AS we have owned, a 25' FC and a 30' FC and in both instances we have kept the parts taken out, wrapped them up in large garbage bags, stored them in our garage and I've put them back in when we sold the trailers. Not a big deal and in both cases we got more for the trailers than if we had left the recliners in.
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:44 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
On the Jackson Center conversion, this is the Airstream factory Service Center, right next door to the factory. We picked them because they have everything needed right at hand and the experience to do it right. We made the appointment several months ahead, and they had the components ready from the factory when we arrived. Except the custom storage cabinet over the converter, which they made while there. We pulled all the original seating and table out before leaving home, an easy two hour job with a screwdriver.

We worked it into a trip to the east coast, along with a few other maintenance items. They were done with it all in two days, provided fee camping, and pulled our Airstream out each evening for us to use.

This past year we added drawers from Amazon to the storage cabinet to make it work better for us.
Doug, those shelves look good. I pulled the folding table out its storage spot this morning to make a bit of extra useful storage space. Might have to look at shelving to make it even more versatile.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #68
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
After reading these posts i am now interested in putting in recliners in lieu of the seats that came with our AS. As it is a 2012 25' FC with the bedroom in the rear. If based on the photos I have seen in this thread the best I would be able to do is add one recliner on the door side. Am I correct and who would do this type of work? Would I need to go to Jackson to get it done

I made a mistake it is 2012 25' FC front bedroom so is it possible to add at least one recliner?
Thanks
Very easy to add one recliner, many have done this and they look really good. It also solves that problem of that somewhat short bench seat by the door where your legs hang over when stretching out.

Use the search to see examples. Just a matter of removing the bench seat by the door, and most have cut down the table for enough recliner space, or replaced the table with something else.

Our recliners (the Airstream Villa type) have never moved while towing over many, many thousands of miles, though they are not fastened down.

cheryl
Old 05-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:

Cheryl.... I noticed that you left the converter (or inverter?) on the floor, road-side and covered it with a short enclosure. Was there any discussion about what would have been required to relocate that to the cabinet that you had built in the center area, to clear that floor space? I'm pretty sure that it could be moved, just wondering about cost.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:01 PM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Actually, the converter/charger is under the new cabinet next to the fridge, that is its original location. You can see the front of it, as originally designed. The factory optional 600w inverter is also in its original position in that same cabinet.

The small enclosure in the front of the trailer is for the transfer relay and solar controller, also their original position. This enclosure is behind the base of the recliner and does not interfere with the recliner in any way.

So all the electrical equipment remains in its factory position. A 110v outlet was powered and located to the street side of the center console, between the recliners. That is also the stock factory position in the 30' recliner for this console and outlet. All this makes the conversion quite simple on these 25RB models since 2012.

cheryl