Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Your dog must be bigger than ours. We tuck pillows back against the rear wall/windows and stretch our legs out on the sofa or bench. The dog jumps up and sleeps between my legs, regardless of which side I inhabit. I am usually in that position for a couple of hours and it is not uncomfortable. Sure, recliners would be more comfortable but there are other trade-offs. On balance, we will leave our floor plan as Airstream designed it. If the trailer were bigger, with room to entertain/dine and have two recliners, I could endorse that.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Why not spend the money and buy comfortable outdoor furniture? We spend most of our time outside when camping. I can sit inmy recliner at home and really enjoy my folding lounge chair when camping.
Comfy outdoor furniture is also quite in order, of course!

For us, having comfy outdoor furniture doesn't reduce the desire to have really comfy indoor furniture, as well!

We just like to do what we can to make our surroundings as comfortable as we can, that's all. This may not be everyone's interest, though.
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 12:59 PM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Really hard core people would put a rain suit on and still sit outside. I've actually done that. Really stupid! Part of camping is putting yourself out of your comfort zone, the other is being able to totally relax, whatever that takes. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:03 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAdventure View Post
Dare I say that those folks are actually the minority, and the demand isn't that high. Folks who post on forums are the minority of owners generally, especially if you have more than 10 posts.

The average majority of owners don't buy things and join forums and contribute. This is hardest to believe with enthusiast brands.
Dare if you wish; that's bold!

And, of course, what is of the majority, or the minority means absolutely nothing to one's individual wishes. I'm rarely in step with the majority, anyway, which is really fine by me.

I'm sure that it is a small minority of Airstream owners who actually see to it to get comfortable recliners in their Airstreams. That said, I'm sure there is a sizably larger group of Airstreamers who would be absolutely delighted to have comfy recliners in place of the bench sofa. They just haven't/can't/won't do what needs to be done to make the change. And that's ok with me too. I'm only concerned with how my Airstream is set up.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLady View Post
You guys remind me....I won't have my cushy leather recliner from my family room in my 16' BAMBI! "Whatever will I do? How will I relax?" Let's see...outdoors, I can kick back on my outdoor recliner, or, indoors, I can fluff up a bunch of pillows and watch a movie on the bed,...of couse, wearing silk PJs, and with a bit of cognac in my hand. OK, guys, don't get mad! I'm only jesting! However, I'll do just that! I can take some finery, Waterford Crystal to enjoy my wine or cognac. There's limited space in my itty bitty 16' BAMBI, so I'll manage to enjoy the great outdoors while traveling, and look forward to comforts of home later. BTW, as a 70+ lil' ol' lady, my joints may ache, but, I'm still gonna have fun in my Bambino! See you on the road! HAPPY TRAILS, YA'LL! Evelyn.
Evelyn... it sounds like you're a perfectly happy camper and that's exactly how you should be. Enjoy your time in that cute little Bambino!
Old 04-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
No Recliners? Yikes!

Well, I am happy about the fact I have my two. And, I may even give up one to have a different bench which would hold two adults where one recliner sits. But, no firm plans as of yet.

The dinette is the next big item to change, maybe make an "L" shaped dinette or something like on the Panamerica.

While Airstream may not offer the recliners as an option, if one wants a delete of the sofa, then purchase one's own recliners, the price may not be much different than if one opts for the recliners from the factory. In fact, my guess is a recliner purchased properly after delivery may be more comfortable than the current factory offering.
AIR #31871 KQ3H

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:54 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by dames7 View Post
I have a 2015 25ft and looking at putting in recliners. Can someone tell me what recliner to look at and what does it take to move the dinette set and install them. I am 6' 2"
It is an easy conversion with the 25 Rear Bed, not so with the 25 Front Bed because the furnace is in the way. Many with 25 Front Bed have installed one recliner on the curb side and left the bench seat on the street side, modifying the table to fit.

Here's our 25 RB at Jackson Center just after the recliner installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5694.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	237333  
ckottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Minority, majority??? If we were not independent individuals, we would not be campers, travelers, 'one of a kind', right? I say..."March to our own drum and smile as you do it"! Whatever makes us happy...as long as no one else is made unhappy in the process"! HAPPY TRAILS, YA'LL!
ColoradoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:30 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmoto View Post
In fact, my guess is a recliner purchased properly after delivery may be more comfortable than the current factory offering.
Absolutely true! I don't lament the loss of the factory supplied recliners. What I lament is the loss of the design configuration where two recliners can so quickly easily be put into the living area. (Equipment is housed in a central cabinet, placed between the two recliner positions.)
Old 04-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Thinking, a minority of a majority could still be a majority, but majority of a minority is still a minority. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:22 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Jim... taking that a step further... if one is in the minority of the majority, from that person's standpoint, the minority feels like the majority. As, no matter how far out from town one lives, to them that's the center of the universe!
Old 04-28-2015, 05:12 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Crestview , Florida
Recliners

Here is my recliner retrofit and corner cabinet build and the queen of the AS.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0085.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	343.5 KB
ID:	237342   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	322.3 KB
ID:	237343  

Name:	IMG_0083.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	391.0 KB
ID:	237344  
grizbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:18 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizbear View Post
Here is my recliner retrofit and corner cabinet build and the queen of the AS.

What brand and model are those chairs? Details, please.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Crestview , Florida
Recliners

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
What brand and model are those chairs? Details, please.
These are la-z-boys sorry don't have model number but they are some of the smaller chairs in width reclina-away models (wall hugger). Looked on lazboy site don't see the same model we have, mine are three yrs old now I would just measure and go with the narrowest reclina-away models now offered. They most likely have some the same size but styles change on a regular schedule. Best of luck Rand
Old 04-28-2015, 06:51 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I am not going to buy a chair untested and sight unseen. Went by a couple of stores today. Did not see anything that excited me.

Grizbear. Thank you, will get over to my local LB store shortly.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:30 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2004 25' Safari
Crestview , Florida
recliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWCHIEF View Post
I am not going to buy a chair untested and sight unseen. Went by a couple of stores today. Did not see anything that excited me.

Grizbear. Thank you, will get over to my local LB store shortly.
Thats what I did went to lazboy store with a tape measure. They tried to sell me on a larger chair but held my ground and went with unit I found on line took 4 wks on special order. They did have one in stock I could measure but wrong fabric. Be sure to get the recline away version.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Superior , Colorado
If the lack of Recliners depresses you, there's a new Medication for that: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

ericpeltier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:20 PM   #38
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Recliners

I wish someone with a 19' with recliners would speak up. I believe when I get ready, I will remove the fresh water tank only as we don't anticipate dry camping at all and the water pump could be covered. My wife and I do a lot of sleeping in our recliners at home and want to do the same in Bambi, and we both do not like the couch at all. I have found several companies sell RV furniture and the recliners are mostly narrower than normal. I would order tomorrow if I was sure they would fit without too much of a problem. I see some nice wall huggers at Ebay's listings and their outlet store (free shipping). Just found out about their store and quality appears to be very nice.
mocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Findlay , OH
We take delivery of our 27FB (Twin) Signature May 7, in which we plan to use at least one Ekornes footstool in the dinette/lounge area. We found Ekornes leather to match the oyster ultraleather in the International as well as a leather to match the Flying Cloud. The height seemed perfect, but if one desired a footstool to be an inch or two higher, they make a circular base to raise the height.
Here Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1430279879.649405.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	237376Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1430279930.695853.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	237377are a few photos of the footstool we use at home and record of the colors we thought looked just right.

Counting the days,
Allyson
PurdueMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:17 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Allyson... congrats on your new coach! It won't be long now. And, I'm glad you found some enhanced seating comfort for the new rig!