Old 04-30-2017, 10:41 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via AIM to spclkaz
Front Kitchen

I'd like to see a newer design version of my 1994 Excella Front Kitchen. It was my third Airstream... I looked for one for over two years and finally found a used one in 1997 which I have had ever since. I believe the 94 Model was the last of the narrow body Airstreams, but I sure have enjoyed all the counter space of the front kitchen. In all my Airstream travels, I have only seen one other one besides mine...

My understanding is that AS stopped building them because the tongue weight was pretty high and some people experienced towing problems, but with my Hensley Hitch, I have never had any towing issues.
Attached Images

spclkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
The Woodlands , Texas
following

Air83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:44 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
1987 29' Sovereign
1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , Florida
Wish list...

A transparent window in the door with a shade which would help resolve the issue of the open door blocking the galley windows.

Tweak the dinette configuration so it's conducive to lounging and watching the TV; (i.e.) smaller table/slight recliner like angle to the back rests. Smaller table would also make opening/closing the curtains easier to get to.

Anything besides the cheesy Velcro curtain closures.

And slightly more room (inches) to walk around the Queen FB.

Awnings all the way around!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
369goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:36 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I agree with the OP....for me, as a now almost 4 year owner of my first ever TT (2014 bunkhouse), what sounds most amazing is new technologies to help me make sure my trailer is safe and well taken care of.

Therefore technologies for rock solid leak prevention and detection.

In my mind's eye, the future would have a simple yet powerful technology that could sort of scan the airstream and detect physical problems. This sort of technology would make quality at the manufacturing level nearly perfect, and also allow the owner to run diagnostic checks at various intervals.

The 3d camera type backup system seems not far out of reach now. while you back up, you could view a sort of bird's eye view of the trailer...or something like that....or like a mini drone that hovers above you transmitting video as you back in.

There needs to be a better future as far as like grey water is concerned....surely the future holds technology that makes processing grey water fast and easy to where you can re-use your grey water or simply safely dump it.

Perhaps airstream of the future have a clever way to store a couple bikes inside the trailer while in transit.....this has been discussed before...but something where you can walk the bike inside, and the bike is mounted very easily and very securely but with little or no footprint on the interior décor.....?

This is fun....I am trying not to get too futuristic here....

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote