Old 10-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #29

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I'd never rent out my AS. When I break something I beat myself up but fix it and move on. If someone else broke something or damaged my Bambi I'd go ballistic!!! Now is someone purchased Airstreams for rentals (KOA) and had lots of insurance I could see it working. I let an ad agency use my AS for a photo shoot but I delivered it myself and stayed there for the 5 hrs to supervise.

Get involved and sign up for a Rally!
WBCCI 4973
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:37 AM   #30
Rivet Master
1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
Originally Posted by Aspirations View Post
Clearly the majority are against renting or even sharing an AS with their own family/friends. So I guess ddstech's suggestion is out (though I love it!) What strikes me most is the anti-sharing, anti-renters on the whole mentality... from a group of what I thought to be eclectic & communal alumaphiles. If you're independently wealthy then bravo & sorry if this thread bores you, but I know that even the wealthy like to indulge in new adventures & vehicles without all the mess of ownership/upkeep/depreciation-see Ferarri rentals & charter jets.
Do what you want, but don't act like we're some kind of jerk for not wanting to rent out something we own. There are very good reasons for not doing it. We have a guest bedroom that we don't use often, so by your logic I should be renting it out the rest of the time. But plenty of people keep guest bedrooms they do not rent out...

I figured those with no interest in being a renter/renter would not bother to chime in. I guess I needed the reminder that people are more apt to post online about things they don't like whether it effects them or not.
The original poster asked for our thoughts, so we're giving them.

1995 Airstream Classic 30' Excella 1000
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab with Cummins 6.7L Diesel

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:47 AM   #31
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
House Springs , Missouri
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
There is a company that rents Airstreams, but no way do they let the renters tow it. Can you image what most Airstreams would look like - limping back looking like a crushed beer can?

The company sets the trailer up at any campground within a reasonable distance from their lot.

One can only imagine what some of the insides look like; some people care about the property of others, but a lot don't. I bet this company also has a substanial damage clause on their rental agreements.
Fly at Night,

Do you know the name of this company or their contact info? Where are they located?

Tina and Mike
1959 Avion e-20
oh2bcarefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:48 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Here's a Florida business that rents out restored vintage trailers. They tow them to the campsite.

mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:51 AM   #33
Commercial Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Los Lunas , New Mexico
Apropos lending out your RV, here's one for the records:

News story here

WBCCI 21043
eubank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member
west orange , New Jersey
I've read your post regarding your potential interest in renting out your airstream. I have also followed another post of yours regarding the buildout of your bunks and found it very interesting considering my family of five with 3 children under 3. I live in NJ and am planning a trip to florida with my family. In anticipation of our eventual purchase of an airstream we bought a 2011 tahoe with tow package, and off road gearing so it should work well if we agreed on an arrangement. If you are serious about renting, please give me a call. thanks john 646 721-2082
famlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Issaquah , Washington
Airstream Rentals

This site lists Airstreams that you can stay in. I particularly like the one in Andalucia.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD
Pro Pride
daveswenson is offline   Reply With Quote

lifestyle, rentals