4 Rivet Member

2019 16' Sport
Currently Looking...
Oro Valley , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Six weeks =

1) We only put in orders every two weeks. Getting on the web is tough so we phone first and then mail in the order.

2) Order processing takes about a week or two (on a paper order that is mailed in ...).

3) Shipping takes about a week or two via the cheapest method imaginable (we like to save money).

4) Getting it from the mail room to the stock room takes several days

5) Getting it into the inventory book only happens on Thursdays

6) On Tuesday we start letting people know stuff came in.

I would *love* to tell you that this is all made up. Very unfortunately about 80% is straight from the mouth of people at various dealerships. The other 20% is guesses based on what was said.

Bob

I bet those are spot on! I needed that!

The person helping me did order right from his register / computer. He said “Monday Airstream should expedite this because I asked for it before the end of March.”

I felt so 80’s.

Maybe Airstream has a nostalgic thing going on?

I actually hope the delay is to take care of some of the issues with the system ~ THAT would be worth the delay!

Old 03-03-2019, 08:54 AM   #128
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Just a reminder that there is a newer thread with more current info, including possible AS router issues:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f451...ed-191803.html

Peter

FYI/FWIW

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:14 AM   #129
Rivet Master

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
Sounds great! We, got our Mobley today and activated it. AT&T gave us the codes needed to unlock the SIM so we can put it into another hotspot if we want to. (We already own an LTE router, so we're hopeful we can put the SIM in there. Failing that, we'll pick up a similar hotspot, as nearly anything will be faster than the Mobley.)

Meanwhile, with this approach I'm pretty sure we won't be "Jonesing" for the Airstream solution anytime soon.

So benefit if Mobley is:

1. Can activate vehicle plan with 22GB data and network-congestion-based throttling after that

2. Can unlock SIM and move to a separate hotspot device

So basically working around the traditional hard throttling caps of hotspot plans because the SIM was originally provisioned as a connected car device.

Did I get that right? Sounds appealing. I turned off my built-in GMC connected car line because it was a PITA to keep the car ACC on to provide hotspot to my trailer (my pepwave SOHO)
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:26 PM   #130
Rivet Master

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
A real data plan deal for owners of new Airstreams

OK, after coming close to pulling the trigger on the new airstream prepaid AT&T plan ($999 for hardware, $500+ for install, $360/yr for the plan), with Airstream-locked Pepwave BR1 cellular modem and 2x2 Mimo roof antenna, I ended up going with the new Verizon Prepaid Unlimited plan, provisioned against a new, state of the art category 18 cellular Inseego 8800L Mifi with 4x4 internal Mimo antennas and connectivity for a 2x2 Mimo exterior antenna.

The performance is impressive.

Plan details here:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...-for-jetpacks/

https://youtu.be/-cpDI05aRUc

and hardware details here:

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...he-mifi-8800l/

https://youtu.be/HVrVgXUnDAM

I couldn't be happier. This plan is $65 / month with unlimited data and no throttling. You always have the risk of being temporarily network managed (temporarily de-prioritized / slowed during network congestion), but thus far in my testing I have seen no slow down in speed whatsoever, even here today at 7pm on a Monday night.

I am able to see great download speeds of 25Mbps+ without any external antenna with a mediocre signal of -105dBm (RSRP).

Here is an example of streaming movies on 5 screens simultaneously attached to the jetpack, with 15Mbps d/l speed to spare. In the past 90 minutes I've push over 5Gigs of data through the jetpack, no problem.

The modem technology in this little unit is 2 generations ahead of the current pepwave BR1 category 6 modem that airstream is deploying and the throughput shows. The equivalent generation hardware from pep wave is $3,500 for a category 18 modem, and the exterior antenna adds another $1,500.

In comparison I paid $199 for the mini inseego category 18 MiFi unit.

I have a 2x2 portable netgear directional mimo antenna on order which I can place in the appropriate window of the airstream to improve signal strength.

In times where the signal is absolutely pitiful, I will backup to my weboost / sure call system.

More to come, the hardware and network advancements that are out in the wild are great these days, and now there is finally a data plan to match from VZ. get it while you can.

This is one of the best plans and hardware combo on the market for the money.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0602.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	335433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0601.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	335434  

Name:	IMG_0604.JPG
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	335435   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0603.JPG
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	335436  

Name:	MIMO Antenna (6000450).png
Views:	33
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	335437  
Old 03-11-2019, 08:02 PM   #131
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Chicago area , Illinois
Awesome. This was the plan and device I was planning on getting to supplement my AT&T service for our trip out west. Did you go to a Verizon store or order online? I find navigating their online offerings frustrating (and so are AT&T’s).
nryn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #132
Rivet Master

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
I just walked into the store after calling to ensure they had an 8800 in stock. I was out with a functioning hotspot within 10 minutes, which is a new record for visiting a Verizon store.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #133
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Chicago area , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfraat View Post
I was out with a functioning hotspot within 10 minutes, which is a new record for visiting a Verizon store.

No doubt. I was helping my (elderly) parents out by troubleshooting their home network and the problem turned out to be a faulty Comcast modem. So off to the Comcast store I went.

No joke: 8 employees, 2 customers. Took me an hour to get out of there.

Hoping for the same luck you got at Verizon...
nryn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:21 AM   #134
4 Rivet Member

2019 16' Sport
Currently Looking...
Oro Valley , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBad View Post

Has anyone else been able to get Airstream Connected installed on their AS yet? I think splorin did from the other thread, anyone else?

We have an install date for Airstream Connected - March 21. LazyDays was able to work with AS to get the parts here in time. We shall see.

Wulfraat sounds like you have also found a nice setup! I hope the AT&T plan has similar performance. I look forward to comparing.

Also we stayed at LazyDays KOA resort this weekend and was surprised at how well their campground WiFi worked. It worked as expected! I have a pepwave router and mimo antenna just perched inside the media cabinet, not even properly mounted. Had to authenticate each day with their system but streamed directv now when we needed too with no issues. All devices on our AS network had zero issues. So they are one campground with decent WiFi.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #135

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Box Elder , South Dakota
We had our Airstream Connect installed on Tuesday. Easy setup with ATT and it is working great with my Pepwave SOHO MK3. I wanted to share a couple installation notes since this is new to the dealers also:

1) The antenna does not come physically configured correctly for the Airstream install. The antenna is configured for the wires to come out of the bottom of the antenna whereas the Airstream install requires the wires to exit the side of the antenna. The instructions that come with the antenna in the box cover the conversion.

2) A cover plate required for the installation is not provided in the box (at least in the box for my installation at the dealer). This may have been an oversight on my particular connect hardware box. My dealer had the cover plate part in stock so no big deal and it may be a generally stocked item.

Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3811.jpg
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	335656  
Bgkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #136
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Currently Looking...
Hinckley , Ohio
Thank you for the updates. Please keep them coming. I really like the videos.

I chose America
Bigventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:52 AM   #137
4 Rivet Member

2019 16' Sport
Currently Looking...
Oro Valley , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgkirk View Post
Hope it helps.

Thanks! I will show this to our dealer when they install next week. I have the same pepwave you do as well, we will have the same setup!
Old 03-21-2019, 12:02 AM   #138
4 Rivet Member

2019 16' Sport
Currently Looking...
Oro Valley , Arizona
So much for install this week.... After trying for about 4 days to actually talk to someone is service department, I gave up and called the parts department at LazyDays in Tucson.

Airstream Connected has STILL not come it -it’s been “very popular” and now they won’t have the part until middle of April.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 03-21-2019, 12:47 AM   #139
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the updates.

For those who might have missed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Just a reminder that there is a newer thread with more current info, including possible AS router issues:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f451...ed-191803.html

Peter

FYI/FWIW

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote