Old 05-30-2015, 08:05 PM   #99
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' Flying Cloud
2016 30' Classic
Covington , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareStream View Post
So the cabinets in the 2015 Classic WERE NOT solid cherry as was stated before? They were veneer?

And for 2016 the FACES of the cabinets will not be solid cherry, but veneer (as before, even though we were told otherwise), and the rest of the cabinetry will be a fake wood plastic laminate???!!!?!!?!??

I hope the cost has been reduced since they are replacing wood with a cheap laminate...

In my humble opinion, the airstream brand is in its prime. Within that brand, the classic seems to be in the top of the airstream brand line. I trust the airstream top brass not to cheapen the classic. Maybe I'm wrong but I really don't believe tpairstream would do anything that would diminish the appearance of their flagship product. I will soon find out when I take delivery of my classic in July.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:30 AM   #100
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Western MA , Massachusetts
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatAirstream View Post
Heading back to Jersey. Very excited for the 2016 model year. Thank you to AANW for accommodating the dealer body and hosting the open house. Attachment 238494

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Patrick - We want to send you a belated Congratulations on your award! Well deserved!
We bought our 20'FC from you a year ago in July and can't speak enough on the super overall buying experience you provided, as well as the great customer service Colonial provides in the Parts & Service Dept. We were in just two weeks ago for some warranty work and minor fixes - awesome service & crew!

And Thank you for the 2016 26U video...we've watched it about six times. Nice unit. Let's just say it's on the wish list for the future...

In the meantime, we have been watching the 2015 20'FC you produced and posted on utube - which is super for details and has been serving as a "review" of what we bought (since we have forgotten about a few things from our Colonial trailer orientation training). So thank you!

Congratulations and many Thanks! from, the Joneses.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:14 AM   #101
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeatAirstream View Post
They will be available through Airstream dealer parts.
A minor thing Patrick missed is that they now have grey rubber end protectors for the aluminum threshold in the newer trailers. Lots of these - and the bumper protectors - were sold at Airstream during Alumapaloser.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:54 AM   #102
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al - K4GLU View Post
A minor thing Patrick missed is that they now have grey rubber end protectors for the aluminum threshold in the newer trailers. Lots of these - and the bumper protectors - were sold at Airstream during Alumapaloser.

Would love to snag those bumper protectors. I'm assuming they'll fit a 2012. The official Airstream store doesn't have them. What are the grey protectors you mention for the threshold? Any pics?
Old 05-31-2015, 03:09 PM   #103
Rivet Master

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Patrick - Would it be possible to order the new 26U with only 1 AC unit, delete the skylight, and not have the table installed (I would want the table, but not have the table floor supports installed)? And lastly, front and rear Fantastic reversable fans installed?
I would rather use the exterior roof space for solar panels than a sky-light that, IMO just cause more interior heat in the sun and another possible water penetration point.
Thanks
Old 05-31-2015, 03:30 PM   #104
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
[QUOTE=SteveSueMac;1629760]Would love to snag those bumper protectors. I'm assuming they'll fit a 2012. The official Airstream store doesn't have them. What are the grey protectors you mention for the threshold? Any pics?[/QUOTE

The only way to purchase Airstream Parts is thru a Airstream dealer, a Airstream certified service center or in person at Jackson Center. They will not ship these parts directly to individuals. Sorry no pics of the threshold end caps - I'm probably the last person in the world who doesn't have a digital camera. They are a light grey in color and a true Airstream bargain at only 68 cents ea. The bumper caps are $3.02 ea. They will fit a 2012.