Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Are the storage compartment doors adjustable?

Most of my storage compartment doors have about a 1/8" gap on the top edge when they are fully closed & locked. I have put new gaskets in them, but it's like they aren't tight enough when closed. I'm sure water can get in them if sprayed directly at them. Is there any way to make them close tighter? I see there are nuts on the back of the latches & wonder if they can be adjusted. Don't want to mess with them if I shouldn't. Thanks.

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1973 31' Excella 500
Morristown , Tennessee
Becky,

I'm not sure what year your vintage coach is but from the picture it appears to be a 70's vintage. By 1/8 inch gap, I guess you mean the the door sits away from the body and not too low over the opening.

The lock mechanism has a threaded rod with the latching arm on it. The arm can be adjusted and locked back in place. One of my doors was 1/2-1 inch away form the opening. I figured out the the arm itself was taken off and turned around. I turned it the other way and it fit like a glove.

I recommend lubricating everything first with CD Blaster available at Wal-Mart. It is the best and gets things moving the way they should.

If there are any questions, contact me by PM.

Joe
Alumin8 is offline   Reply With Quote