Old 11-21-2016, 10:09 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1982 31' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Well, here we are mid/late November. Stupid things still flying around. We've even had some 20° nights now. Tried the brake cleaner, they pretty much laughed at me. Even left some windows open, hoping it would lower the temp inside enough to kill them. And they're in the living space now too. Need to winterize, but nest is below/behind kitchen sink.
Hole they access is too small for wasp spray to go through so unfortunately that won't work. And yes, always wait till at least dusk when rheyre all back home. Airhed's suggestion is really starting to appeal to me. Other than then I won't have an Airstream. ��

Old 11-22-2016, 04:30 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 19' International
Southeastern MI , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by candosam View Post
Well, here we are mid/late November. Stupid things still flying around. We've even had some 20° nights now. Tried the brake cleaner, they pretty much laughed at me. Even left some windows open, hoping it would lower the temp inside enough to kill them. And they're in the living space now too. Need to winterize, but nest is below/behind kitchen sink.
Hole they access is too small for wasp spray to go through so unfortunately that won't work. And yes, always wait till at least dusk when rheyre all back home. Airhed's suggestion is really starting to appeal to me. Other than then I won't have an Airstream. ��
I'm very allergic to them, almost killed me once. I wait till night time then spray the nest with a full can of wasp spray. I would open under the sink in the dark, then shoot them from a good distance. Then run. They will fly towards a flashlight at night so don't do that. I've also been able to use the entrance hole to wet the nest down from outside and kill them. I used to wear my full fire gear and go at them like that. They couldn't sting through it.

Be very careful with the vacuum cleaner trick. They can live for days and will be very pissed if they get out. Screw all the humane and enviro friendly stuff too. Use chemicals. If you aren't allergic you can become allergic with a few stings.

Tow Vehicle: Ford Superduty crew cab 6.2L V8
Countryboy59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:33 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

Lakes Region , New Hampshire
Along the same idea as the shop vac, I had the same problem in the wall of my house, used a Worx leaf blower/mulcher, left the 4" opening of the mulcher setup next to the hole, sat and watched everything that came in or out get sucked in with no getting by it, left it for about 6 hours when it was done the bag looked liked I'd dumped a pepper shaker in it, little pieces.
Set it up before dawn for most congested traffic
Old 11-22-2016, 06:00 AM   #18
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , Ontario
Sulfer To Fumigate Trailer

If you don't like wasps/spiders/and other critters.... just put a small amount of sulfer (sulphur, brimstone) in a coffee can or on a pie pan. Light it and let it smoke inside the enclosed trailer ... it gets rid of the pests. But, please be very careful, it's sulfur. Just like whats on a match. It catches fire quickly. Don't breath to much of it and dont leave it unattended. After it has burned out, leave the trailer for about 12 hours to air out. Not only will it kill the bees it will get rid of any mildew too. I remember it being available at farm supply stores, but not sure any more, but it is available on line. It is also used by folks who want to make their own black powder.
WBCCI #6497

“One test is worth a thousand 'expert' opinions”
Sign at Boeing headquarters, posted by test pilot Alvin “Tex” Johnston, c1948
Adventure.AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:54 AM   #19
Rich and Kat

2017 30' Classic
Virginia ... near ... , Washington, D.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by candosam View Post
I promise you'll be pleased. Go to youtube and search for:

matthias wasp sucking machine

He's got two videos ... one is just the original and the second is the XL version. There are many other videos of the same process on youtube. The process works ... it's easy and highly effective ... Please take pics and get back with your story! :-)

And you'll have discovered Matthias ... I find all of his videos entertaining (and informative ... I've even built his gear-driven box joint sled and it works awesome!).

Take care,
Rich

Save
AIRHEDS is offline   Reply With Quote