Old 07-12-2002, 02:59 PM   #43
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Levon,
I might be heading up to "Bah Habah" in a couple of weeks. (I have reservations, anyway....might get cancelled...but that's another subject). Not nearly as far for me, though So where did you stay? how was it?

-Chuck

Old 07-12-2002, 03:12 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

R-2800

We have 7 Cl-215s and had 3 shut downs this season. I had one. One of the high pressure plugs on the nose case blew and was going to dump all our oil so I had to shut it down. What a mess.

Old 07-12-2002, 05:01 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

1985 27' Sovereign
1981 22' Excella II
Currently Looking...
Colbert , Georgia
Chuck....We stayed at Bar Harbor Campground, the closest one to Acadia Park. The grounds were nice as well as the people running it. The lobster was great. If you are a morning person, check out the sunrise from atop Cadillac Mtn. If you like light houses travel a little further North...Quoddy Light.....very scenic.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:23 PM   #46
1 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to rochleau
O.K. I really feel out of place. I can't fly a plane, I'm only 30 years old, and I have no good stories.
I just started camping, I farm in northwest Iowa and don't have time to travel. Self-employed farmer means I work almost 24/7. I went through a divorce 2 years ago and I have four young kids. I have my kids every other weekend so I rely on my retired dad to run the farm on that weekend. I thought since I can't work with four kids under foot, why not try camping. Found a used airstream and thought what the hay. At the time I didn't know the history behind airstreams. Just last week I put on a program at my local Kiwanis on the history of Wally Byam and the development of airstreams over the years. I have even started restoring mine. Just a young pup but learning fast.....
Old 07-13-2002, 01:47 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Thumbs up Jim Whitworth...

Jim...Sir....
Good evening & Greetings, from G.B. ...
Yes Sir......if it's history you like, you picked the the worlds best place for it, I too love it, also spent a LOT of my childhood in Aberdeen & Edinbourough, as my uncle was in the Army, at Brigg Of Doon, in Aberdeen, I learnt to KNIT there...( DON'T ASK )...when in Scotland...LOL, I worked in WALES too, east Abberthaw power station, Rhoose airport Nr. Cardiff, as for our LONDON...well being from ESSEX, and my mother from SUFFOLK, and Granny lived in LONDON for a while....OH !!!! I still remember CARNABY Street, Baywaters Road market on a sunday morning, goodness me Jim, I kinda feeling SAD already...lmao, yes it IS a realy nice place if you are sight seeing, we have the Yorkshire Moors to get-away from it all, and a quick burn down/up the motorway, an there is a special place to see in every corner of every Town....and being around water, we are never far away from the traditional stick of rock and fish and chips, kiss-me-quick-hats...and a GOOD 'OLE PUB...ok it rains a little...that don't bother me as my puppy loves it...who in the right sense would own a WHITE dog who LOVES to get filthy...He's GREAT...
Well Jim, I hope you are all keeping fine at your place, and SAVE us some S U N for our 5th visit in Nov...21 nights in Fla: can't wait...You know we hav'nt been to Europe yet, it's on our door-step, there is something about the States, every time we come on over, we seem to LEAVE a little behind...so we come back to see if it is still there...I'm looking real hard...and WE will continue to keep on coming back to, so THANK'S Guys for putting up with us...LOL...Chris.....
Old 07-14-2002, 04:10 AM   #48
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Thumbs down What's OLD !!!!........

Hi Frank R...
Frank...ur NOT old...jus a little MATURE...Gee u DON'T wanna be tellin folks that kinda stuff, or they'll be wantin 2 come on over an use U 4 a ANTIQUE foot stool or make U stand in a corner holdin a pot of daisies or somethin....lol.
I had the OLDEST vehicle in our works parkin lot...they used 2 say 2 me, why U drive that OLD thing...I look around the lot, an U wanna know what I saw Frank...I saw my OLD car WAS in better shape than quite a few of thier were, it was paid 4, it started, it ran from A 2 B...an BACK...!!!...I can't c what AGE has got 2 do with it at all, UR only as OLD as U feel, an we ALL kn that looks are only SKIN-DEEP...I mean Esmarelda ? loved Q/Modo...did'nt she...!!! LOL....
Well Frank, U have a real GOOD day 2 day OK,
by the way...since I came onto this FORUM...we getting nice weather over here...lmao...Cheers....
...Chris.....
Old 07-14-2002, 04:25 AM   #49
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Thumbs up

Hi LeeC...
Hi Lee, I listen 2 my scanner, an I hear U guys a lot from ALL over the STATES, an CANADA, I may have heard U too, ??
I jus listen to a guy in Ontario, DONCASTER-GB, an Washington , I hear it all on 145-285, I love 2 hear U guys, I learn so much abt the places in yr wonderful states, an we CAN'T wait 4 'till nov, our next trip over 2 FLA:...
Hope 2 hear U on the air real soon...that would be something...
Take care now....
...Chris.....
Old 07-14-2002, 08:19 PM   #50
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
, California
Hey y'all,

I am finaly turning 40 and have always wanted to be 40. Now I'll be taken seriously! I am the baby of my family (5 girls and me, the only boy) Yes bathroom privacey is important. I have always graviatated toward older people and have always said I was born an old soul. I can understand the attraction that the flyers and plane enuthuesist have for the airstream, But where are the bubble heads? Airstreams - submarines, oh ya, there is a simularity. I was not able to join the service because of a birth defect, so the next best thing was to build the men/women the best machines that I could. I spent 15 yrs. as a nuc. pipefitter for the Dept. of the Navy. Have worked on all types of boats, from fast attack subs to carriers and loved every minute of the cold war. After shipyard was closed I started a test lab and test all fuel chimineys and other hearth products. Married to Mrs.Ratt, (who is also older then me) for 15yrs. no kids,3 dogs, 2 parrots and lots of fish. Everyone here seems very nice and I cannot wait to meet y'all on the road. - Ray
Old 07-14-2002, 08:26 PM   #51
2 Rivet Member

Be glad were not a nuke boat sailor. It was more than an adventure, it was an ordeal ( and a waste of life). Learn to fly planes if you want more.
Jay Iski
Old 07-15-2002, 03:42 AM   #52
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Wink BOATS....

Hi ya Fatt Ratt.......
...Speakin of BOATS...my Brother saw a poster way bk in the early '60s....readin " Join the NAVY...see the WORLD "....he did...an spent 15 yrs in a SUB...he also has a fond memory of his FIRST car....that too let in WATER...LMAO...
Have a good day...Chris.....
Old 07-15-2002, 07:15 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Underwater Navy

I have a grandson out somewhere at sea on his first cruise in a brand new sub, USS Connecticut. I wonder sometimes how he is faring. He has been gone for months now.

Not my cup of tea!
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 08:19 AM   #54
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
I was a Tin Can man. Got kicked out of the Nuke program in A school and was glad I did. Never could of been a Sewer Pipe Sailor.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 08:37 AM   #55
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
Nuke program

Same thing happened to my grandson. He came from a small country school and he couldn't hack the math in the Nuke school. Just didn't have the background. He did well on everything else, tho.

He went from there to Groton and got on a brand new sub. They were running trials on the sub while he was in school. He said that he liked the first, short crew-training cruises he was on. Some hazing, but he's big enough that no one trifles with him much.

I flew fighters, but no way I would want to be on a sub. To each his own, I guess.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 09:07 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Same story came from small school and the Math kicked my butt. Ended up on the USS Sample DE1048 out of Pearl doing WestPac. Plane guard and shore bombardment during Viet Nam. Can you say Yankee Station. The old joke waiting to run aground on Coke cans.

1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote