Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2007, 08:19 PM   #161
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good Evening to all,
Terry is so happy top be able to get on the forum to let you know he is recovering. I am so happy , it is me that is floating over Tampa, no not on his morphine injection system, on a high because he is doing so well.
I feel all of the prayers and good thoughts comming our way from our forum family, our families and friends.
We will survive and be okay because we have each other and cookie, (I really miss that pooch and can't wait until I can bring her home from my sisters), and we have lots of support from friends and families.
Our prayer and thanks go out to all who have helped in evry way. Thank You.

Marie
Old 01-26-2007, 08:24 PM   #162
_

. , .
hi marie...

so what is the target date for going home now (it was today right?)...

and can we have a postal mailing address to send cards or cookies....

or morphine...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:39 AM   #163

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Great to hear from you again, Terry! Ans many thanks to Marie for keeping us up to date (not sure I would find the time if I were in the same situation)! You guys have been in my thoughts a lot, and we wish you a speedy recovery and return to somewhat normalcy

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:51 AM   #164
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr
Maybe with all this time on your hands, you can bump SilverTwinkie off the top poster perch.
FF
I'll tell you what....if anyone has faster keystrokes than I do, Terry sure does and he's got the will too....I mean the guy gets laid out, has surg, and is still online with us all....now that's determination and will for ya.

Get well soon Terry great to see you online!
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:06 AM   #165
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
A step forward, and a half-step back

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
hi marie...

so what is the target date for going home now (it was today right?)...

and can we have a postal mailing address to send cards or cookies....

or morphine...

cheers
2air'
My eyeglasses just gave up the ghost, so this may be my last post for a while. My personal target date for going home is tomorrow, a day later than Marie would have liked, and a day earlier than the doc's would have liked. Today is Gasparilla Invasion Day here in Tampa, and the parade route goes by my room in the hospital room, arguabbly one of the best seats in the city for watching. Directly above the midpoint of the parade, and 90 feet in the air.http://www.tampagov.net/dept_Parks/s...sparilla07.asp

I have been able to walk with a walker for 80 feet at a time, but am having trouble getting up and down steps, aqlthough I was told I did better than most people trying this for their first time. It is also one of the conditions of being released, so it may be the deal breaker for going home.
As for mailing info, I am going to ask Marie to update our mailing address in her profile, leaving out our zip code, which is 33990
Homemade morphine chip cookies sure sound good right now, as I am a little more sore than I would like, and swelling is more also. The doctors all seem to think I am doing phenominally well.
Joe, I have asked my surgeon to send home a few snapshots of my new hardware for you perusal, I would not post them here, as they are not for the faint of heart. He was understandably confused about my request, until I explained that while I may not be a doctor, I have many friends in our far-flung community that are in the med field, and live vicariously through pictures.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #166
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Terry,
I am so glad that things are working out for the better. I know this has been quite a shock for you and Marie. I wish you the best and look forward to your posts in the future.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:55 PM   #167
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Terry, I'm not sure I even want to live through this experience vicariously through pictures!

Glad to hear you're beginning to mend. Congrats on the hallway marathon. Leave the nurses alone... that's NOT a healthy pursuit for you...

And... Marie... glad to hear YOU'RE doing well... keep on keepin' on!

Rog
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #168
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
Congrats on the hallway marathon. Leave the nurses alone... that's NOT a healthy pursuit for you...

Rog
I have been allowed to pursue and release. I don't think I would want anything that moved slow enough for me to catch... Slugs, turtles, and glaciers come to mind.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:28 PM   #169
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Terry,

Glad to hear you are getting better. Catch and release, I understand as it applies to trout fishing, but with Nurses? Be careful!
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #170
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
I have been allowed to pursue and release. I don't think I would want anything that moved slow enough for me to catch... Slugs, turtles, and glaciers come to mind.
Well it is good to know your sense of humor is intact!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #171
4 Rivet Member

1977 24' Argosy 24
Inverness , Florida
Wink chasing

Hey Terry glad to hear your on your feet moving around. but watch out what you chase,Marie IS Faster than you now.She could do some damage if you give her too much of a hard time . one smack on the hip would grt you in serious trouble.just remember to say Thank you kind Lady. and get her some chocolates and flowers for her nursing duties. Sure glad your're OK.
Bob
Old 01-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #172
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
Anybody there noticed your Aluminitis yet, Terry?
They noticed my silver motorcycle helmet when I came through ER.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #173
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Joe, I have asked my surgeon to send home a few snapshots of my new hardware for you perusal, I would not post them here, as they are not for the faint of heart.
you know, I like looking at pictures of people's new running gear installations as much as the next guy, but um...yeah, I think this is probably the best policy.

speaking of "rehab"...sounds like they continue to make improvements in the process. My mom has had 3 hip replacements (yes, I know that sounds odd), and each time, the rehab period gets shorter and shorter. first one was 2 weeks in hospital, 2 weeks in a rehab facility. more recent one's were half that.
From the descriptions, it sounds like your sitch is like that or worse...so it sounds like you're recovering really well!!
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:09 PM   #174
_

. , .
Quote:
They noticed my silver motorcycle helmet when I came through ER.
now see THAT's a kodak moment...

keep at 'em tiger.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #175
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Quote:
It's all part of the hospital therapy don't you know.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #176
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi all,
To those who asked, or didn't, I let him chase the nurses because it gives him a goal. They are pretty good at ducking him.

He is really doing well and the non weight bearing walking with a walker is going very well. He went up the step the first time and said it was much easier going down. I took some oversized sweat pants and shirts in so occupational therapy could make sure he could use the equipment and dress and he was superb at it.

He has a strong will to get well so we can get on with our lives, and is very good with the therapy.

Now for the good news. If all goes well he is going home tomorrow. I am renting a car and my son will drive him home in it. I have a KIA and the therapist said no. They wanted a larger car that the passenger seat reclines and can be moved back quite a bit. So, I will drive the KIA home and Scott will drive Terry home. Scott is a big man and needs more room that's why he's driving the bigger car also he can drive it back to Tampa and turn it in. A friend offered his motorhome but he cannot step up enough steps to get into it.
Okay, I'm going to bed so I can be fresh for tomorow, but first a bubble bath.
Good night to all and God Bless
Marie
Old 01-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #177
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Still waiting for a hungover staff...

To show up and allow me to leave, or tell me I have to wait a while longer. Since yesterday was Gasparilla here, I am guessing that is why I haven't heard anything from either P/T (AKA Pain/Torture) or the doctors. Usually they are here between 6 and 8 AM,, it is now 1:20 with not a single PT or doctor type in sight.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #178
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
To show up and allow me to leave, or tell me I have to wait a while longer. Since yesterday was Gasparilla here, I am guessing that is why I haven't heard anything from either P/T (AKA Pain/Torture) or the doctors. Usually they are here between 6 and 8 AM,, it is now 1:20 with not a single PT or doctor type in sight.
Terry,

Yes, the Physical Therapists are a bit sadistic. My son is marrying one this October. Hope you escape soon and continue on your recovery.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #179
_

. , .
Quote:
I haven't heard anything from either P/T (AKA Pain/Torture) or the doctors. Usually they are here between 6 and 8 AM,, it is now 1:20 with not a single PT or doctor type in sight.
hi terry

how was your expensive seat for the big show?

the economy being as it is...

and with insurance payments to staff going down...

many docs and therapists have taken on 2nd jobs...

i have it on good authority that your caregivers are moonlighting at...

the tampa zoo.

so if they smell funny today, think monkey or elephant poo....

cheers
2air'

Old 01-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #180
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
I haven't heard anything from either P/T (AKA Pain/Torture) or the doctors. Usually they are here between 6 and 8 AM,, it is now 1:20 with not a single PT or doctor type in sight.
Y'mean the nurses that are left aren't telling you that the latest WBCCI razzle has warmed the oceans further and Tampa is now cut off from the "mainland?"

This morning our Minneapolis paper had a pic of a couple of yer comely piratical characters -- Amber & Capt. Mojo. No aluminum foil hats in sight...

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote