Old 01-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #99
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Sorry, I forgot to update the blood donation thing. We contacted a friend who works for the Red Cross in Virginia. He says it's one of those "it depends" kinda things. If you are at the hospital where the patient is, you can make a direct donation. If you're elsewhere, you can make the donation "in his name", but that doesn't necessarily mean he will get it directly.

Clear as mud, eh? Red Cross doesn't charge for the blood used in surgery, but they do have a fee associated with it. That clears all of that up, doesn't it?

Best thing I could suggest is if ya want to donate, then do so. Terry may not benefit directly, but somebody surely will. One of the few good things that come out of bad situations like this is that folks really go out of their way to help one another. I think every one of you should be proud of what you are doing for Terry and Marie (and others). I'm glad to there are still folks around willing to do so. It's a rare thing these days.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:12 PM   #100
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
Oh, I hope we hit 18k, and maybe even MORE tide-over dough. Wouldn't that be the most wonderful expression yet of the amazing community that we have built here ...
If every member gave $1 that's what we'd have! Although, I'm sure any contribution will be appreciated ~

Thanks to all!

Shari

WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi all,
I only have a quick moment to let you know he was loaded into the ambulance about 3:15 and is on his way to Tampa General Hospital in Tampa Fl. He was very scared about the trip, but the nurses medicated him very well and the paramedics have morphine on board in case they need it. We had hoped for an airlift, but since he is not critical, the doctors opted for ambulance.
More later, but right now I have to go chase an ambulance to Tampa!
Marie
Old 01-22-2007, 03:58 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac
Hi all,
I only have a quick moment to let you know he was loaded into the ambulance about 3:15 and is on his way to Tampa General Hospital in Tampa Fl. He was very scared about the trip, but the nurses medicated him very well and the paramedics have morphine on board in case they need it. We had hoped for an airlift, but since he is not critical, the doctors opted for ambulance.
More later, but right now I have to go chase an ambulance to Tampa!
Marie
Best of Luck You guys, thanks for the updates!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:45 PM   #103
_

. , .
Quote:
Hi all, I only have a quick moment to let you know....
hi marie

hope we meet some day, when times are happier for you and terry....

it is beyond kind of you to update here like this...

2 take the time and keep us informed and involved...

while i can only imagine what you both are feeling....

well..

thank you

2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
hi all
He is at Tampa General and is in a lot of pain, so they gave him medication and he was resting. Apparently he is on the schedule as a standby for 8 am. So I'm going to make this short because I am pooped and my niece just handed me a cup of sleepy time tea and I;m going to drink it and sleep until 6 am.
Love and thanks
Marie
Old 01-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #105
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Thanks Marie for the update. Get some much needed sleep tonight and we'll be praying for an uneventful surgery.

Aluminocentricity
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #106
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi all,
Terry was in surgery from 7:35 this am until 12:30. He was in recovery until 4:30. His pelvis and hip were a mess, but the Dr. was able to repair the hip and pelvis. He said it was a real "mess in there". Terry will be non-weight bearing for 8 weeks, and not working for approx 4 months. He also told Terry and I that he would not be able to return to the type of work he was doing before. Terry is in good spirits and has a "happy button" morphine pump that he can hit when he needs it. It only releases a certain dose in a prescribed time period, but it does give the patient some control over there pain. We were also told he may be able to go home thid Friday and have therapy and nurses there.
Of course the Gasparila parade is Saturday and his room overlooks the parade route from the 9th floor. We're planning a watch the parade party if he's still there.

As for the transverse processes (spelling?) that are broken have to heal on their own. Well it's late, so I'm going to bed.
Thanks to all of you for your prayers thoughts and support, it means so much to both of us and hopefully he can return to moderating this weekend from the recliner or the sofa.

Marie
Old 01-23-2007, 08:14 PM   #107
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Thank You for the news - having recently gone through a rough medical period with my wife - I can only say that it takes a lot out of the spouse too He will need your support more than ever, but please seek some for yourself - you will need some too. God Bless you both - hang in there, you are in all our prayers.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #108
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
We were also told he may be able to go home Friday and have therapy and nurses there. Marie
Marie thanks so much for keeping us up to date on Terry's progress. Great news that the surgery is over. It will surely be a great day for both of you when he can come back home! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Please feel supported!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Hip Hip Hooray! ... and pelvis too. Terry, you are now on the road to recovery. There are many on here who have traveled a similar road, and know of the bumps and potholes ahead. All of us will accompany you on your journey, standing on the curbs waving flags and cheering you along the way. With your positive attitude and sense of humor, you can conquer this Byam Boulevard fate has put you on. And when you approach the end, we'll rally together and break out in Dance. See ya Down the Road!

Continuing Best Wishes,
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #110
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Great news

WooHoo! You go Terry! Made those ortho guys work hard for it but it sounds like you've had a successful surgery and those transverse processes will eventually heal over time. Now for the rest of this journey, you've got a few thousand Airstreamers rooting for you and more support than a cantilevered Playtex bra.

Terry and Marie, our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you. Now Marie, I know its the nurse in you but you are not on Tampa General's payroll. So stop making the beds and sterilizing the room. Its time for you to relax and be waited on while you can. Get some rest.

Aluminocentricity
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #111
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Marie,
Thanks for the updates, and good news. Give a hey to Terry for me.

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:42 PM   #112
Receiver of the Honey Do.

1964 26' Overlander
Pensacola , Florida
My Best Wishes are with you Both ! I hope everything is going well, and that this becomes another "Get Together" story.. that never stops being told.

As for the Red Cross.. Well.. lets just say some place would have to freeze over before I would do that.. last time I was there.. they put the blood bag on my leg, which ended with me puking and passing out... I shall not do that again...

I'll do what I can however...

Best Wishes and Prayers To Both of you..

DH