Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #81
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hayward , WI - land of beer and cheese
Send a message via AIM to katzklaw Send a message via Yahoo to katzklaw
oh geeze. i don't read the whole forum, so i didn't find this till just now. Terry has been nothing but kind and super-informative to me in my other postings and i hope he recovers swiftly. me and my family will be praying for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
John, I wanted to send something but the link took me to an email. Is that right? I email the bnsf & then get a Paypal link?

Thanks,
Theresa
thats because all that link is, is just an e-mail address. thats what address you would send $$$ to using paypal. just to try to make things easier, i just whipped up a quick and easy button. click the button and fill in the info, and $ will go to Terry. this will take you to the button

i'll donate some $$ myself. wish there was more i could do.
katzklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Well, you've already done something positive. I might never have gotten back around to sending a donation without your quick & ingenious response. Who knows how many other people will now contribute!
Old 01-21-2007, 05:30 PM   #83
Receiver of the Honey Do.

1964 26' Overlander
Pensacola , Florida
Ok, what Hospital do I need to go to donate a pint of blood?

(Don't laugh, I am serious)

Dh
Dear Hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
dangit, i cleared out my paypal balance first expecting to use my credit card so i could at least get frequent-flier miles, but paypal didn't give me the option, taking it out of my bank account instead.

they're getting VERY sneaky about not letting you fund with a credit card, and it's ticking me off!

oh well! the important thing is terry, not my measly miles. thanks again, klaws, that was quick & painless!
Old 01-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #85
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
wow you guys are fantastic!

summer, thanks, they need lots of help now.

katzklaw, thanks for the upgraded link! and contribution!

dear hubby, tampa general i believe, however if the idea moves you the red cross would be a good place too.

the rest of you, thank you very much! the next few days are gonna be rough for terry and marie. once things get a little more under control i know they will enjoy reading this.

one thing i know after talking to terry today all these well wishes ARE helping!

thank you to every one!

john
Old 01-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #86
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
DH, I think you can donate blood at any Red Cross site in Terry's name. You don't actually need to go to the hospital he is in. Call your local Red Cross chapter and ask. I seem to remember that they have a 24 hour number that will be answered, though I could be wrong about that one, too. In fact, I'll go call right now and get that information. He will need blood as part of all of this. Good thinking! If you need his last name, etc, PM me.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:09 PM   #87
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
To all of our friends,
Terry was so happy to hear from you, and yes his sense of humor is very much intact. Your love and generousity overwhelms us. I know he will be fine, and it will take a long time, but he is very motivated to recover.
The nurses came in to give him a bath and clean the wounds this evening and he was very scared to turn. They were fantastic and helped him through it with kind words and encouragement. He finally got the blood, and grime out of his hair and said it made him feel better. Of course, being the nurse I am, I jumped in and helped change sheets, opened gause packets for the nurse and put the silvadene cream on for her. I have an overwhelming need to help them take care of him. Gee I wonder why!
I have asked that an allergy to asphalt pavement be added to his allergy list!!!
They were not able to move him to Tampa today, but probably will tomorrow. Something about the insurance approval. I have the adjusters name, claim # and the rest for them in the am, so hopefully it will happen fairly early. Like I reported earlier (I think) I am taking the laptop with me, and my niece has access to the internet so I will keep you posted.
Our deepest thanks and appreciation.
Marie
Old 01-21-2007, 07:21 PM   #88
3 Rivet Member

Terry & Marie,

You are in our prayers and we wish you a speedy recovery!

So sorry to hear about your accident.

Lee & Don Pace
72 Tradewind
WBCCI 7287
Greenville, Tx
Lee Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:36 PM   #89
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Terry and Marie

I just stumbled on to this.
I am so sorry to hear of Terrys accident, and as someone said earlier Thank God he was wearing his helmet (Marie, you being a nurse, I bet you had a lot to do with that)
You both are in my thoughts and prayers.
Keep us posted.
Beginner
Beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #90
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
dangit, i cleared out my paypal balance first expecting to use my credit card so i could at least get frequent-flier miles, but paypal didn't give me the option, taking it out of my bank account instead.

they're getting VERY sneaky about not letting you fund with a credit card, and it's ticking me off!

oh well! the important thing is terry, not my measly miles. thanks again, klaws, that was quick & painless!
I found you can do this by credit card, but you have to go to the BOTTOM of the page to change funding options. Yes, they are sneaky. That being said, my concern is the usual fees attached to credit card payments via PayPal. I would hate for Terry to have little bites taken out of his donations because of PayPal fees. So I checked out the PayPal user agreement.

It looks like in paragraph 4.2 the money recipient can only receive 5 card payments in a 12 month period and I think there is a fee. In paragraph 6.2 it looks like there could be limitations on Terry's withdrawals per month depending on his account verification. Could someone who REALLY understands how this works clarify? I would hate for us to send money and Terry not be able to get all the goodwill he is due.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #91
A 7th year newby

1968 24' Tradewind
Indianapolis , Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to IndyAnne
Prayers and best wishes for speedy recovery, from another scooter rider. Your story is confirmation that we all ride with great big targets on our backs. Keep the plastic -- and aluminum -- side up!
Anne
Dayton, OH
1968 Airstream Trade Wind
2005 Chevy K1500 crew, reg. bed, 4WD, gas
IndyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:16 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1963 16' Bambi
PayPal fees ~ Don't pass them to Terry & Marie

This was bothering me, so I reviewed the PayPal agreement more closely and it seems to indicate the recipient having a personal PayPal account will be limited to receive 5 credit card payments over 12 months and will be charged a fee of 4.9% + $0.30 USD for domestic payments or 5.9% + $0.30 USD for cross border payments for each card transaction. So I believe the bottom line is DON'T DONATE USING YOUR CREDIT CARD. Use the instant transfer from your bank account option instead so Terry and Marie won't have to bear the fees or the red tape. I'm still not sure what the withdrawal limits statement in paragraph 6.2 means but it doesn't worry me as much as the credit card issue. If I'm wrong about this, please someone say something.

At any rate, just think what could happen if EVERYONE on this forum donated even just $1, less than a any cup of Starbucks. Terry and Marie would have over $18,000 to help them through this crisis! Would that not be awesome!

Again, the donation link is here
Old 01-22-2007, 06:33 AM   #93
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
What if your paypal account is funded by a debit card?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:05 AM   #94
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1989 33' Land Yacht
Chattanooga , Tennessee
Hang in there Terry and Marie! Hope all works out with the insurance company so you can get moved and the surgery you need as soon as possible. Being the primary caregiver for my mother when she was sick, I know this will probably fall on deaf ears, but I have to say it. Marie, get some rest when you can. You have to take care of yourself or you won't be able to take care of Terry.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both!
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #95
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1963 16' Bambi
Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
What if your paypal account is funded by a debit card?
I searched over the PayPal legalese again and found debit cards also have a fee as follows:

Personal accounts can receive a limited number of credit or debit card funded payments per year and are assessed a transaction fee. To view your Personal account limit, log in to your account and click the View Limits link.

A credit or debit card payment sent to a Personal account for a non-eBay item is held as Unclaimed. You have the following options:
  • Accept the payment using your Personal account
  • Upgrade to a Business or Premier account
  • Deny the payment - the funds will be returned to the sender's credit or debit card
So Terry will have to pay fees for each credit or debit card transaction. If he receives more than 5 donations on credit/debit he will have to upgrade his account and pay the associated fees or deny the payment. Terry and Marie can withdraw the money without fees if they electronically transfer it directly to their bank account. I still don't understand the "withdrawal limits" part of Paypal.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #96
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
We are looking into setting up a ChipIn account in the next day or so. Hang tight. We'll post info and links asap.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #97
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1963 16' Bambi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
We are looking into setting up a ChipIn account in the next day or so. Hang tight. We'll post info and links asap.
Thanks Janet! I was just about to PM one of y'all to see if anyone knew of a better way with less hassle for Terry.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:07 PM   #98
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Good to know. Now am glad those few extra dollars went to Terry & not PayPal despite my best efforts.

Oh, I hope we hit 18k, and maybe even MORE tide-over dough. Wouldn't that be the most wonderful expression yet of the amazing community that we have built here ...

Any more info on the blood-donation efforts? I don't usually tip the scales, but just for Terry I will eat a big thing of ice cream & give it a shot!

C'mon ... TERRY! Can you feel the love yet? (Marie too)
Old 01-22-2007, 01:20 PM   #99
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Sorry, I forgot to update the blood donation thing. We contacted a friend who works for the Red Cross in Virginia. He says it's one of those "it depends" kinda things. If you are at the hospital where the patient is, you can make a direct donation. If you're elsewhere, you can make the donation "in his name", but that doesn't necessarily mean he will get it directly.

Clear as mud, eh? Red Cross doesn't charge for the blood used in surgery, but they do have a fee associated with it. That clears all of that up, doesn't it?

Best thing I could suggest is if ya want to donate, then do so. Terry may not benefit directly, but somebody surely will. One of the few good things that come out of bad situations like this is that folks really go out of their way to help one another. I think every one of you should be proud of what you are doing for Terry and Marie (and others). I'm glad to there are still folks around willing to do so. It's a rare thing these days.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:12 PM   #100
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Oh, I hope we hit 18k, and maybe even MORE tide-over dough. Wouldn't that be the most wonderful expression yet of the amazing community that we have built here ...
If every member gave $1 that's what we'd have! Although, I'm sure any contribution will be appreciated ~

Thanks to all!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote