Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #601
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Arlington , Texas
Terry,
You, my friend, are a living example of answered prayer! There was a time when many of us had nothing else to do but pray for your safety and healing. One year later, and you're able to give us such a good report. We'll continue those prayers for your journey to a pain-free recovery.

You'll never know how many people have been impacted and encouraged by your spirit and attitude throughout this trying time. I, for one, am indebted to you for sharing your instant friendship, endless wisdom, unmatched wit, and selfless assistance in these forums. I remember the countless PM's and personal phone calls we swapped as you walked my through the purchase and pickup of our Argosy on that first day. Your timing was impeccable as you called me on my road home just to see if my bearings (and my nerves) were staying cool (ha!). NOTE: I just realized I've never known your last name. So, I have you listed in my cell as "Terry Airstream." How cool is that?

I'm sure tons of others on these forums could share similar stories and their appreciation for you. Take good care of yourself, Terry, keep loving life and Marie, and keep your "forum family" updated on your progress. God Bless!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #602
3 Rivet Member

2001 19' Bambi
Ashland , Oregon
Terry, put me on the list of those wishing you and Marie the best. I've just spent about a half-hour reading this whole thread (as well as watching some tennis on tv) and got caught up in your whole saga. I'm so glad things turned out well for you, despite some lingering aches and pains.

One thing I'm not clear on is why you didn't get some kind of settlement from the insurance company for your financial losses. Maybe I missed the post about it. You certainly deserve some compensation for going through h-e-double-toothpick.

Give Marie a hug for me. She sounds like a real dear.

Take care.
Muddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #603
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Waters
One thing I'm not clear on is why you didn't get some kind of settlement from the insurance company for your financial losses. Maybe I missed the post about it. You certainly deserve some compensation for going through h-e-double-toothpick.
Not wanting to get my blood pressure up, I'll give you the ultra Readers Digest version of events. The kid that ran over me had virtually no insurance, and my health insurance company paid most of the bills. The little insurance money he had, and my auto insurance, went into a bank account my attorney set up for the purpose. My health insurance company found out about this, and immediately filed a lien against it, for something called subrogation. My attorney is still fighting this, but it is looking more and more like the health insurance company will take every penny from me, and leave me on the hook for the copays and deductibles for almost a quarter of a million $$. We lost the house, the car got reposessed, and we were left with the choice of selling our Airstream, and moving into an apartment for a few months until that money ran out, or moving into the Airstream we wound up getting for the purpose.
I sold my toy train collection to pay for Bertha, and sold Goliath (our Overlander) to pay for rehab on Bertha. Several vendors that are also forums members have helped us out with parts to get Bertha livable. I've not mentioned any vendors by name, because I don't want to put the vendors that couldn't help on the spot. The same reason I haven't mentioned any forums members that have helped us financially, the ones that could, did, and they know their help was appreciated.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:36 PM   #604
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Terry, my friend... Karma to you, and even more to Marie. It's been one hell of a ride for you guys. It's my privilege to know you. Our continued best wishes to you both. And feel free to call whenever you want to know something about trains!

Rog
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #605
2 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Red Oak , Texas
Terry:

Our prayers to you and Marie.
Best Wishes for a Wonderful 2008!

Sharon
SharonIvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 07:15 PM   #606
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Thumbs up

GODSPEED, from a fellow Stream'n Train'r

Your in my prayers.....stay on track.

Bob,Sandra,Fado & Misty
Old 01-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #607
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

2000 25' Excella
Kingston , Tennessee
Hi Terry and Marie. Sorry you are having problems. You both are in our prayers!
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings
Silver Threads is offline   Reply With Quote