Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2007, 07:25 AM   #401
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good Morning,

Haven't posted much in the last few days, been kinda busy between work, Helping Terry and getting the house ready to move and put everything in storage.

Terry is doing great, he is off the antibiotics and knock on wood, (plastic, formica, glass, concrete, etc.) no sign of infection.

Still doing the excercises and staying up more each day.

Not much to say, just wanted to let everyone know he is geeting there.

Marie
Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 AM   #402
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV
Oh, if the Doc's says no lifting, don't assume it's ok to crawn under the AS cabinet and fix a lightweight leaky waterpump...
But can I climb on the roof to replace our lightweight Astradome?
Old 04-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #403
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Humm

Some how I think that also falls outside the intent. We are all glad to hear your doing well. My lovely wife was kind enough to take me camping 2 weeks after I had my surgery even though I had been in the bed for the first week after the proceedure. For Labor day we had always meet several friends at a private campground I she knew I was really wanting to go. She drove us down and into the camp, a route that takes a 90 degree turn on the levee of a farm pond (Tire marks on both side drop offs!) and a buddy back the trailer into my spot. I had a dozen nurse maids all making sure I didn't do anything stupid for the two days we stayed. I understand how friends can pull together in a time of need, as it appears quite a few of the Fourm Folks have done. Keep Improving!

Vernon
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #404
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV
Some how I think that also falls outside the intent.
Vernon
I guess you are right. I would hate to find out to my chagrin I couldn't do this as I was falling off the roof ...
Old 04-11-2007, 02:14 PM   #405
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac
Good Morning,

Haven't posted much in the last few days, been kinda busy between work, Helping Terry and getting the house ready to move and put everything in storage.
Marie
Did I miss something, MOVE???
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:48 PM   #406
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by balrgn
Did I miss something, MOVE???
We are not moving the house, only ourselves. Without my income (we are currently "short" about $20,000 so far this year, not counting medical expenditures) we cannot afford to stay where we are. We will be moving to a Snowbird friend's mobile home from June1 until November1, basically hurricane season. Joy, joy. Moving to a mobile home next to a large lake just in time for hurricane season.
It could be worse, we could be having to move into our Overlander... I wouldn't mind fulltiming, I just want it to be by our choice.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 PM   #407
Rivet Master

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Terry and Marie, I hate to hear about your being uprooted. Packing up for a move is a pain in the @$$ no mater what. Terry, you more than anyone, know all about pains in the @$$.

A home next to a lake could be nice. As for mobile homing it during hurricane season, keep that NOAA weather radio handy. Like you say, it could be worse . . .

You two are still in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:32 AM   #408
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good Morning all,

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset the apple cart, but when I said "packing the house", but hey, I knew it would happen, and I still care more for Terry than houses, possesions etc. I was mearly explaining why I had not been on line for a few days. When he got hurt, we lost his income, and so things got rough, but with the help from the forum members, I was able to stay with him in tampa both times, and stay home the first week he was home. I'm very thankful for that.

When he gets better and back to work, we'll get another place and get on with life, but in the meantime I need him to not worry about finances and get well. I'm very thankful for our friend who is loaning us her place while she is up north. A beautiful double wide on the lake and it has a ramp going to the front door that will help Terry in getting out more.

Moving is going to be fun, but we will get through it. I have better than 6 weeks to get the packing done, and be ready. It is a slow process, the sorting and decisions to make, but it helps to keep me busy. Since I work in a long term care facility, boxes will not be a problem. I'm sticking to the boxes gloves and briefs come in to keep everything uniform size for stacking. I just want to know who came and put all this crap in the closets and drawers when I wasn't looking.

Well, back to work and everyone keep the faith, it will be ok.

Marie
Old 04-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #409
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd90mac
When he gets better and back to work, we'll get another place and get on with life, but in the meantime I need him to not worry about finances and get well.
You got that right, Marie! Do you have enough help making the move?

I'm glad to see this thread moved along while I was out of town. It was in the back of my mind to pay a visit and see what was shakin' -- thanks for keeping the Forums updated.

And Terry -- to you I can only say, "Yeah, но я знайте вы не обозрело важность Airstreamforums заполняя ваши дни. Уверенная помощь держит меня из тревоги!"

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 AM   #410
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
And Terry -- to you I can only say, "Yeah, но я знайте вы не обозрело важность Airstreamforums заполняя ваши дни. Уверенная помощь держит меня из тревоги!"
Yes, the forums certainly keep me occupied.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #411
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Ain't babelfish great! As confusing as Russian is to look at, equally confusing is how Dutch sounds to my ear. That's just me. At least our Europe friends can read their Airstream manuals.

Gotta go knock some sand down a doodlebug hole now... Oops, this isn't the 'New Airstream Game' thread!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 AM   #412
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Ain't babelfish great! As confusing as Russian is to look at, equally confusing is how Dutch sounds to my ear.
With a 102 key US configured keyboard, you have to run text through Babelfish to get the correct Cyrillic letters, whether you can read and write Russian or not.

Marie is planning to get some friends to help us move, since I can't do much but sit and observe. If no one can help on "move weekend", we will have to get a couple of "Rent-A-Drunks" to help. Hope we can get friends, as the day labor guys are kind of pricey, and less than stellar as far as competence.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #413
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
You have any problems with volunteer bodies? We'll mobilize some Forums help. PM me with a couple weeks notice. Dreamin' of an old fashioned barn raising...

5 meter Langford Nahanni

Old 04-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #414
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
You have any problems with volunteer bodies? We'll mobilize some Forums help. PM me with a couple weeks notice. Dreamin' of an old fashioned barn raising...
Bob,
No problem at all. Thanks

Marie
Old 04-13-2007, 03:44 AM   #415
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Ditto! I am working in SC which puts me a good 3-4 hours closer than if I am at home

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:09 AM   #416
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Good Morning,

I have the u-haul scheduled for May 19th and the storage room reserved at the same place Gopliath is stored.

As an added bonus I am having cataract surgery on April 30th and May 7th. One eye at a time. Can't wait. Of course, it is only a few hours out of my week, and I get 2 short naps!

We invited friends over for Easter Dinner and gave each one a few boxes and their own areas and a lot got done. Yes, I fed them a great dinner!

Well off to take Terry out for a few hours, back at you later.

Marie
Old 04-14-2007, 07:11 AM   #417
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Enjoy the day you guys!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #418
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
We invited friends over for Easter Dinner and gave each one a few boxes and their own areas and a lot got done. Yes, I fed them a great dinner!. . .

Marie, what a great idea Sounds like you have some terrific friends! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:25 PM   #419
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Temp Job Idea

Hey Terry, I know you've still got a good long time before you can seriously consider career options, but there's a possibility that you might be able to be semi-employed right now if you'd consider working as a telephone Answering Service in Florida. I know several which employ remote operators - who work from their homes. You might want to wait until you're in your new house, but all it takes is a laptop and a high speed internet connection... and the service that hires you might consider paying for the internet connection. The job generally requires a pleasant speaking voice, the ability to type 40wpm or more, the ability to keep an even emotional keel (some callers are unpleasant, and you have to remember that they are upset about their situation, not at you), and the ability to follow the instructions on your screen.

If you have any interest, simply look at Association of TeleServices International: Telephone Answering Service, Voice Mail* Trade Association, or go to yellowpages.com and look up the heading "telephone answering services" in Florida. I also personally know of one in Savannah Georgia that definitely does use remote operators.

If you explain your physical limitations - that you have to take periodic breaks and move around, they will be likely to work with you particularly if you're willing to do "fill-in" during their busiest periods - 7:30am 9:30am, 11:30am - 1:00pm and 4:00pm - 6:00pm.

It isn't a career position and the pay is modest ($8-$11per hr), but something may beat nothing right now.

Paula Ford, Answer Center 757-498-1177
Old 04-14-2007, 08:00 PM   #420
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi,

We had a very good time. We took our 3 year old nephew to Gulf Coast Model Railroad to look at thier large train layout and he was sooo funny. He loves Thomas the Tank Engine, knows every character, and wears many Thomas shirts, shoes etc. He just plain loves trains. We took him to Bob Evans for lunch and the waitress asked him if he realy like trains and I said he even wears Thomas underwear. I looked down and he was trying to pull his shorts down to show her. We all cracked up and told him he didn't have to show her. He had so much fun looking at the trains, and when we left he had a small bag with plastic cows for his trains and a Thomas movie. Very inexpensive day, but man did we have fun. I'm afraid Terry and I started him on trains and he really loves them and can't wait to come over and get Uncle Terry to turn the trains on so he can watch them. He takes after Aunt Marie in that he really likes steam engines.

Terry is very tired, but a good tired. Between car seats, walkers, chasing a 3 yr old, and driving all day, I'm tired also, but a very good tired.

When we got home, we discovered the wireless router had gone to the big router in the sky, so went and got a new one, that's why we just got on line.

So, now I'm going to walk Cookie, and curl up on the bed and watch a movie. Good night

Marie