Old 02-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #267
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumatube
Hi Marie!

Since you mentioned mules, here are a couple pack mules (okay, they're really our riding mule "Miz Blue" and our baby riding mule "Blackjack") from our menagerie to brighten your day! I have also attached a pic of Blackjack playing with his ball--he is using it to chase and bonk our horse Goose with! You can see our young pony mule Sassy in the background staying well away from the boisterous action!

Susan
Susan,
Thank you, I needed that laugh. I feel like "bonking" someone (22 and lives in Fl and has minimum PIP), can I borrow blackjack's bonking ball?

Thanks again
Marie

Old 02-25-2007, 06:00 PM   #268
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Good luck Marie! Glad you and Terry are keeping us all up to date! You are both in our thoughts and prayers!

Wow Susan that mule knows how to have fun! Have you been to Mule Day in Columbia,Tn?
Years ago we had a billy goat that played with those old giant soft hoppity hop balls, we'd throw the ball to him and he'd bounce it off his horns!

Old 02-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #269
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Marie, you are MORE than welcome to the bonking ball! In fact, I will get another one and come down and help you!

tin sista, I have not been to Mule Day (always have a vintage race that falls on that week, darn it!), but would LOVE to go! We have friends who go and they have a great time! And that is so funny about your billy goat! I'll bet you laughed and laughed! Critters can be so much fun!

Strength and prayers to you and Terry, Marie!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:47 PM   #270
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Susan, wonderful photos of your riding mules, especially the "paint" baby. Are you familiar with our beautiful Missouri mules? ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #271
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
New Holland , Ohio
Hi maxandgeorgia! Yes, I loves me some Mizzou mules! Did you know George Washington was responsible for mules in America? He was interested in donkeys and mules, so the king of Spain sent him a donkey stud, who became the father of mules in the U.S.

The paint baby came out of a draft-cross paint mare and a large black donkey, so he should be a good, sturdy trail-riding mule. It's been fascinating working with him and watching him grow up (and the pony baby, too)!

Have a great evening!
Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #272
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Marie, You are amazing. You both are! Wish I could help you throttle that yo-yo who's mindlessness messed up your lives. We're going to court for a very similar situation next Monday. A 22 yr. old idiot in a stolen car (Uninsured! Of course!) ran a stop-light and hit our daughter in a major t-bone and flipped her car with her in it. Thank God she wasn't on a scooter. She was safely ensconsed in her college graduation present--a Honda Accord with airbags and curtains throughout--and all deployed and did their job.
After an agonizing night in the SF Gen. ER we took her home, somewhat battered, very traumatized, and very grateful that she was so intact. Now we have a chance to make some financial demands, and say a choice word or two. But as I think of all the impulsive, self-indulgent screw-ups out there, including the kid that hit Terry, it's going to be a challenge to maintain my composure.
Best of luck with the cataract surgery. As I'm sure you know, it is a very quick procedure, with minor discomfort and a fast recovery. But the inconvenience of this is the last thing you need. (Although you'll love the results.)
Sending healing thoughts to both of you,
Janet
Old 02-27-2007, 08:31 AM   #273
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Janet,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter. I hope they throw the book at the little turd that hit your daughter.
There are so many under or non insured drivers of all ages out there, It makes me want to put rubber baby buggy bumpers all around our vehicles and ourselves. In the past few weeks I have started believing in stopping drivers randomly to check for insurance in everything from battering ram cars to limousines and everything in between.
I don't mean to sound bitter, but this experience has made me want to enforce insurance laws and punish those who do not think they need to have any.
Many drivers in this area get insurance to get tags, then drop it, or they just buy the barest minium to get pass the law. I had one fellow employee tell me they don't need insurance because they are from Haiti and we can't do anything to them because they are not a citizen. Does the term "green card check" frighten you, fool?
Sorry, off track again.
I do want to ket you know how great Terry is doing, He is better a balancing with the walker and can actually stay up longer walking around the house.
We are traveling to Tampa on the 7th for his doctor appointment on the 8th. and I expect good news from Dr. DiPasquale. I think he will be increasing the weight bearing status and that definately will help his spirits.
Marie
Old 02-28-2007, 04:27 PM   #274
3 Rivet Member

get well wishes to all .... speedy recover is a must...
Old 03-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #275
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
The physical therapy guy was here yesterday, and told me I have gone as far as I can go, as far as range of motion, etc, at least as far as the doctor said I could go. Now I have to wait for my next appointment next week so maybe he can extend what I can do. For now, I guess I can concentrate on being able to spend the night in bed, instead of sitting in a chair. I can stay lying down for 3-4 hours before having to get out of bed and sit up again. It has to do with the broken back, lying on it bothers my back, and I have to lie on my back because of the hip/pelvis.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #276
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Terry, the next step is obvious... you need to find a yogi who can teach you to levitate while you sleep...

Self Levitation, Human Levitation, Self Levitation, Human Self Levitation.

Sounds like you're really progressing as well or better than expected... which is excellent, because we expect to see you at Moraine View! Got your reservations yet?

Rog
Old 03-02-2007, 07:14 AM   #277
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85MH325
Terry, the next step is obvious... you need to find a yogi who can teach you to levitate while you sleep...

Rog
I see....Be one with the bed...Ooooommmmmmmmmm.......
I have to be able to drive to take the trailer (and Marie) to any rally..
Old 03-02-2007, 07:19 AM   #278
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Not if you have the rally at your house

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:34 AM   #279
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
I see....Be one with the bed...Ooooommmmmmmmmm.......
You ARE the Bionic Man now, aren't you? I thought you'd be able to pick up and carry both the trailer AND Marie and just run with them up to Illinois!

Seriously, glad to hear you're doing as well as you are. It's gotta be driving you nuts not to be as active as you're used to and you'd like, but take it from someone who's been there... you'll be able to resume normal activities soon... just not as soon as you think you ought to be able to... but it'll happen!

Rog
Old 03-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #280
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi all,
Guess where we are!

Terry was admitted to Tampa General Hospital tonight. We got here at 10:30 this am and he got a room at 8:30 tonight.
His incision line started getting red, warm to the touch and he was running a low grade temp last night. I called the surgeon in Tampa and he told me to bring him to the ER at Tampa General this am.
Lab results were fairly normal, white count slightly elevated and CT showed fluid under the incision line. They are not sure if this is infection or edema. Dr.Dipasquale will see him in the am, and if infection starting, they may have to make a small incision to drain it, but he will be able to leave in a couple of days. If it does not warrant incision and draining he can leave tomorrow. According to the doctor we saw today, if it is the start of a problem it is very early.
The other slight problem was a blood clot forming but non movable. Lovenox starts tonight for a couple of doses.
I'll take the laptop up to him in the am so he can fill you in.

Marie